What Are You Drinking ?

14 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Tradewinds by the Cromarty Brewery.

A cracking and very easy to drink beer.

Their Happy Chappy is great, esp. in draught. Red Rocker’s good too.

1 minute ago, Duszek said:

Their Happy Chappy is great, esp. in draught. Red Rocker’s good too.

That's my beer of choice for home games in Dingwall. A cracker.

I chucked some elderflower into a honey solution. Two and a half weeks later I have elderflower mead. A bit sour and with a slightly curious aftertaste because of the wild yeasts but very refreshing on a hot day like today. Not bad for a 0p investment (my former flatmate left behind 2kg of good quality honey). IMG_20200514_132822.jpeg

You have elderflowers already, where are you residing ? mine nowhere near flowers yet. Love elderflower makes all sort of decent drinks. I remember a nice elderflower beer in Korcula (Croatia) a few years back. Was tremendously refreshing in the heat.

I chucked some elderflower into a honey solution. Two and a half weeks later I have elderflower mead. A bit sour and with a slightly curious aftertaste because of the wild yeasts but very refreshing on a hot day like today. Not bad for a 0p investment (my former flatmate left behind 2kg of good quality honey). IMG_20200514_132822.thumb.jpeg.3f1b87a1767756db655b2dfa46ffbf75.jpeg

You have elderflowers already, where are you residing ? mine nowhere near flowers yet. Love elderflower makes all sort of decent drinks. I remember a nice elderflower beer in Korcula (Croatia) a few years back. Was tremendously refreshing in the heat.
I'm mid-way between the Alps and the Adriatic, the elder started blooming about a month ago. I've two trees very close to me. They're by a main road but due to the lockdown the traffic was negligible when I harvested them.

I used to live in Denmark and they're mad on elderflower there. I'm pretty happy how this batch has turned out. I got the method from the Hunter Angler Gardener Cook website, which is mainly about food but has the odd drink thrown in. It's by far the best culinary website I've ever seen.
He has a two thousand word post on making flour from acorns and a mustard recipe adapted from a Roman source but also some really quick and easy recipes. He knows his shite like nobody else but never talks down to the reader and there's always some great tip which helps you understand why you're doing the things you do.