What Are You Drinking ?

On 03/08/2023 at 22:56, AnderooMFC said:

Sister brought me this back from Turkey. After 2 months of thinking it was vodka, turns out it's Turkish Raki. Made from grapes apparently, got aniseed in there. Taste/smells like ouzo. Apparently drunk with water, and is meant to go that colour.

20230803_222317.jpg

Unexpectedly got an empty so decided to finish of the 1/4 of vodka and some of the Raki I had open from this night. Given that I did not like the taste with water and the (Lidl) Irn Bru was open... Much, much better tbh. A normal measure (ie a bar/shot amount not a 'toughman vodka measure that's 3x as much') with the rest of Irn Bru and it's drinkable. I can only assume the Turks drink it with water because our Other National Drink has not reached their shores.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Where did u get that? I seen some of their stuff at the Green Welly last week that intrigued me but was I f**k paying their prices for a can of beer. 

If im honest I didn't even register the price, I was getting a job lot of stout for a friend and picked up something for myself.

There is a good beer and ice cream shop in Dunfermline called "The Caledonian Craft Beer Merchant" they don't usually rip the piss but not sure the price of a can.

Just now, 101 said:

If im honest I didn't even register the price, I was getting a job lot of stout for a friend and picked up something for myself.

There is a good beer and ice cream shop in Dunfermline called "The Caledonian Craft Beer Merchant" they don't usually rip the piss but not sure the price of a can.

It's going to be less than the Green Welly tbf. Can take that to the bank 😂

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's going to be less than the Green Welly tbf. Can take that to the bank 😂

It was £22 for 4 cans 2 of them were like £7 because they are super strength stouts. 

So maybe £3 for that? The stouts were a present absolutely no chance I would be paying those prices for myself.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Cracking place. Couple of decent taps which usually include one Overtone beer and an excellent selection of bottles and cans, been in a few times.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

It was £22 for 4 cans 2 of them were like £7 because they are super strength stouts. 

So maybe £3 for that? The stouts were a present absolutely no chance I would be paying those prices for myself.

Tbf some of those beers hit like a bottle.of wine!