What Are You Drinking ?

On 27/08/2023 at 12:35, Craig fae the Vale said:

Connect Festival serving Brooklyn Pilsner, which is very decent indeed.

image-e764f343-ff73-48d3-81bc-ddc807519fb62046985154457235691.jpg

This was also a very pleasant surprise at the same venue for The Killers on Tuesday having expected the usual carlsberg etc.

Even got I.D. for one 🥰

7 hours ago, Ken Ickie said:

IMG_20230901_235310304_HDR.thumb.jpg.0c541e51ce30e7a1928a7d3279fdbdf5.jpgBrains S.A. ; Edinburgh, The Booking Office; first time in over 30 years.....

After I switched from lager, I went back and tried beers I hadn't liked, to see how my newly educated palate had changed.

Brains beer is, was, always will be fucking horrible.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

After I switched from lager, I went back and tried beers I hadn't liked, to see how my newly educated palate had changed.

Brains beer is, was, always will be fucking horrible.

All of the beers that I enjoyed at Paisley Beer Festival from 1988 to 1992 are decidedly meh to me now (if they still exist); Old Jock,, Skullsplitter, Landlord, etc. Either they have changed or my tastes have moved on. Or a bit of both.....

33 minutes ago, Ken Ickie said:

All of the beers that I enjoyed at Paisley Beer Festival from 1988 to 1992 are decidedly meh to me now (if they still exist); Old Jock,, Skullsplitter, Landlord, etc. Either they have changed or my tastes have moved on. Or a bit of both.....

Aye, all that stuff, didn't like it, re-tried and it's all gotten worse if anything. I tried Brains attempt at modernising SA IE putting some gas throught it. Still didn't like it.

13 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

ALDI trips all round gents?

I tried them last night too after a trip to Aldi and preferred the Ribbons of Sound.

Yup, fired in to Aldi on Thursday and picked a couple of cans up. As someone else said earlier in the thread, they do a 'showcase' of Scottish beers each week just now, so we get a couple of featured cans.

Surely Aldi are due another beer festival event soon? Lidl had theirs a couple of months ago.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

What did you make of the Cutty Sark Prohibition btw?

I enjoyed it. Thought it was very good value for money. I love having a solid quality quaffer available. I don't think it's any better than that but the price I got it at I'd have no problem buying it again