What Are You Drinking ?

Went to the free trade inn yesterday. I'd gladly spend a day in there drinking some ales whilst admiring the view. Went to the "beer street" micropub today,  was OK. 

20240315_173549.jpg

20240316_155558.jpg

I had a few pints over the weekend,  but the best one was a pint of "faith" hazy ipa by northern monk at the gunner tavern in Newcastle.  Outstanding stuff.

20240314_191143.jpg

After being closed for about 6 weeks a handy pub for me, The Archer, has reopened under new management. Had to check it out. Not much change inside although no happy hour prices yet. Carlton Draught $10 for a South Aussie pint, used to be $9 for an imperial pint. 

IMG_0293.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Eednud said:

After being closed for about 6 weeks a handy pub for me, The Archer, has reopened under new management. Had to check it out. Not much change inside although no happy hour prices yet. Carlton Draught $10 for a South Aussie pint, used to be $9 for an imperial pint. 

IMG_0293.jpeg

What’s the difference between south Aussie and imperial?

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Ouch! That represents a huge cost rise. Reminds me of a recent visit to the Innis and Gunn pub in Edinburgh. Prices on the menu board look ok, but they are for 2/3 of a pint. £7.90 for a full pint of I&G original.

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

Ouch! That represents a huge cost rise. Reminds me of a recent visit to the Innis and Gunn pub in Edinburgh. Prices on the menu board look ok, but they are for 2/3 of a pint. £7.90 for a full pint of I&G original.

The $9 was the previous owner’s happy hour price which was a very long happy hour. All day except weekends. 

Express train from Hannover to Amsterdam „cancelled“, so been hopping on & off local trains on the way to Amsterdam for tonight‘s game.

Now on the train from Hengelo with this stuff to help pass the time. 

IMG_7007.jpeg

Little Bang Sun Bear Hazy Pale inside the pub pictured and accompanied a while later with another beer, some people and a plate of pork sausages, mash, peas, bacon and onion gravy.

IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

Travla Australia’s Lager. Ultra low carb = ultra low head, although some I had the other day fine. The Trav part of the name comes from part owner, Travis Fimmel (Ragnar in Vikings). It’s brewed for them by Brick Lane Brewery, Melbourne. Not memorable but not as crap as mainstream equivalents.

IMG_0309.jpeg