What Are You Drinking ?

Was at a gig tonight, pre-drinks from my sister who got me these for my birthday, Buzzballz; pre-mixed cocktails. First was Lotta Colada

130. Buzzbalz - Lotta Colada.jpg

Whilst at Audio I imbided in the familiar embrace of JD & Coke

20240327_192800.jpg

Then afterwards another of the Ballz, this time the turn of Strawberry 'Rita. Neither were spectacular or something especially to write home about. Available online or from a few shops in town, an Irish friend likes their Chili Mango flavour but not tried that one. Depending on price it might be the thing for elder teens to sneak into handbags and drink on the buses/trains without trying to sneak bottles or cans. Can't see much of a market beyond that I'm afraid.

129. Buzballs - Strawberry 'Rita.jpg

Edited by AnderooMFC

After the last Ballz, I finished off the last of this vodka (possibly opened after my last post here but not added on cause I thought that was enough to be getting on with). Another present from the lil sis, but this time one that I had requested, kinda. My interest was piqued from an ad on facebook for Outer Space Vodka that came in a bottle shaped like an alien head, my sister got me this. As said before in this thread - I will always be impressed by shiny things. 

126. Outer Space Vodka.jpg

127. Outer Space Vodka.jpg

On 23/03/2024 at 18:23, Craig fae the Vale said:

Nice "Kölsch-ish" (their description) from Copenhagen's People Like Us.

20240323_232026.jpg

Does Kolsch have geographical protection that it has to be brewed in Koln? Any Chicago-brewed Kolsches I’ve had always say ‘Kolsch-style ale’ in the small print 

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Does Kolsch have geographical protection that it has to be brewed in Koln? Any Chicago-brewed Kolsches I’ve had always say ‘Kolsch-style ale’ in the small print 

In short, yes. It's a protected process.

A few in Brewdog Cowgate this afternoon, who have a stunning taplist on just now. 

I've had Foggy Skyline by Kuehn Kunz Rosen, Chocolate Orange Sour by Vault City and When the Seagulls Follow the Trawler by Boundary which have all been excellent. 

Taplist pictured.

20240329_162437.jpg

20 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

A few in Brewdog Cowgate this afternoon, who have a stunning taplist on just now. 

I've had Foggy Skyline by Kuehn Kunz Rosen, Chocolate Orange Sour by Vault City and When the Seagulls Follow the Trawler by Boundary which have all been excellent. 

Taplist pictured.

20240329_162437.jpg

I'm not an anti Brewdog snob, I like most of the beer and pubs. I don't like that they limit the amount of some. If I decide to buy it I want a pint.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Henry from No Limits was hosting a beer tasting at The Bottle Shop in Helensburgh this afternoon. 4 pours of draft No Limits beer for a tenner. I assume it was supposed to be 1/3 pints, but he poured me closer to halves. 

Helensburgh Helles, Windy Welly pilsner, Road Trip wheat and Dani Cali West Coast pale. Had all four before but they're all excellent and was delighted to sample them again. Great beer, great company and chat, a really good way to spend an hour this afternoon. 

20240330_143229.jpg

Had a couple of pints of this yesterday. I never really frequent wetherspoons, but when I heard my local one had this on I wasn't missing out, as its a nice drop.

20240330_153411.jpg