What Are You Drinking ?

thought about buying this but not a great choice of beers i like. IMG_5081.thumb.jpg.ecdec5592387b2bf5e495d832d621564.jpgIMG_5083.thumb.jpg.5fae8e5e65292ec9e54337d1d55f1eb3.jpgIMG_5082.thumb.jpg.c698079e7c73ae28bc4faa872163726d.jpg

That’s the one I’ve got. I find that if you go on to Beerwulf first thing in the morning, you get a lot of better choices, I think they must update their stock overnight. I ordered 16 torps on Friday morning, due to arrive on Thursday. If you order 8 it’s free delivery. I was £143 for 16 of them, which roughly works out at just over £2.50 a pint. It’s expensive for beer, but it makes such a difference.

56 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m seriously tempted by the mini casks being offered by Stewart Brewing. £20 for 10L so just over £2 a pint. May have to head into the brewery today.

Just been to their website, mini kegs I saw were £20 for 5L. Do you have a link to the ones you've seen?

I had a wee look about last night and that one gets great reviews @welshbairn. Aesthetically, I prefer the Heineken Blade (I think it was called) but that comes in at a higher price too. They say you'll claw some back in the long run with that though as you don't need co2 canisters. 

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

I had a wee look about last night and that one gets great reviews @welshbairn. Aesthetically, I prefer the Heineken Blade (I think it was called) but that comes in at a higher price too. They say you'll claw some back in the long run with that though as you don't need co2 canisters. 

Fuckit, I'm worth it. Works out not much cheaper than pub prices, about £2.90 a pint, but WTF.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
5 hours ago, Dele said:
Short for submarine, obvs. 

Then why is it in capitals as if it's an acronym?

I've no idea. Probably the same reason why the (funnily enough) torpedo shaped beer barrels it holds are called TORPS. 

Edited by Dele

Glorious stuff this. Windswept in Lossiemouth - this is their 'Werewolf', a dark beer infused with chilli. My mouth is on fire!

I bought a mini keg a few weeks ago, but only got round to having it this weekend (thanks to furlough Mondays are now part of the weekend). imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aimageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729a

IMG_20200518_225308.jpg

Edited by Steven W

On 16/05/2020 at 21:53, Distant Doonhamer said:

We’re back to an old favourite. Bread and Butter Pinot Noir. Served at the perfect temperature of course emoji6.png

I've just noticed that Majestic now offering Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon. Well, that'll take care of wine for the bbq steaks.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've just noticed that Majestic now offering Bread & Butter Cabernet Sauvignon. Well, that'll take care of wine for the bbq steaks.

I’ve only bought one wine from Majestic because I’d been given a gift of it previously and it was wonderful.  I find their prices very expensive in relation to supermarkets.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve only bought one wine from Majestic because I’d been given a gift of it previously and it was wonderful.  I find their prices very expensive in relation to supermarkets.

More expensive than the supermarkets' cheapest, certainly, but Majestic's stock is not low-end and, generally, good value.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There's usually a good mix of fairly priced wines and more expensive bottles but I've looked through the brochure that arrived earlier and it does seem to have more in the 8-10 range and fewer in the below 8 range this time. Wines like the Bread & Butter are a bit dearer but they are really good. They seem to cut some really good deals with vineyards and the 'When it's gone it's gone' deals that I've tried have been excellent.