What Are You Drinking ?

On 27/02/2021 at 22:38, 8MileBU said:

First dabble with Camden and a nice cold Hells lager.

No bad. Wid drink again.

C1517801-6217-4856-8472-0FAA1325E107.jpeg

I searched the thread and there aren't many posts about Hells Lager.  I just had a couple of cans of this and agree with you.  Decent, easy-drinking, dry lager with not much aftertaste.  Would happily buy again.

Last night my son and I tried their Pale Ale which claimed to be more to British tastes and less 'shouty' than American-style IPAs - but it isn't.  It's still far too hoppy, smells of silage with a faint hint of vomit.

I'd love to find 330ml cans (perfect size for the fridge) of an English style bitter such as T Taylor's Landlord or London Pride.  British Airways used to do small cans of London Pride but I've never seen them sold in shops or online.

12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Birra Moretti. 

I seem to always find myself drinking Birra Moretti these days. 

I have come to the conclusion that I really like Birra Moretti. 

Hide contents

I FUCKING LOVE BIRRA MORETTI.

Curiously enough we discussed this last night.  "James' dad has a Blade and Birra Moretti is really nice" quoth my son.  He's right.  It is a nice drink but I don't drink a lot of lager and only stock the fridge when he's back from Uni.

Birra Moretti. 
I seem to always find myself drinking Birra Moretti these days. 
I have come to the conclusion that I really like Birra Moretti. 

Spoiler

I FUCKING LOVE BIRRA MORETTI.

Moretti is a lot better than Peroni I think.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I searched the thread and there aren't many posts about Hells Lager.  I just had a couple of cans of this and agree with you.  Decent, easy-drinking, dry lager with not much aftertaste.  Would happily buy again.

Last night my son and I tried their Pale Ale which claimed to be more to British tastes and less 'shouty' than American-style IPAs - but it isn't.  It's still far too hoppy, smells of silage with a faint hint of vomit.

I'd love to find 330ml cans (perfect size for the fridge) of an English style bitter such as T Taylor's Landlord or London Pride.  British Airways used to do small cans of London Pride but I've never seen them sold in shops or online.

I've only ever seen London Pride in 500ml bottles. It's a quality brew, and I feel like Terry McCann when I'm drinking it.

16 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

I've only ever seen London Pride in 500ml bottles. It's a quality brew, and I feel like Terry McCann when I'm drinking it.

Pride is a decent pint but not sure about Terry.  I always saw him as a 'pint of lager, mate' type.

When I graduated in 1984 we rented a flat near the George and Vulture in Hoxton - which was then a Fullers pub - so I have never lost my taste for Pride.  Mind you, draught Bass was also excellent but I haven't seen it for years.

12 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

This one from Buxton and Omnipollo classes itself as a lemon meringue ice cream sorbet pale ale. Surprisingly works very well. Refreshing. 

20210918_214619.jpg

Superb, but not my favourite Omnipollo. The bar in Stockholm is something else, they have Yellow Belly on tap.