What Are You Drinking ?

Any of you discriminating drinkers (dipsomaniacs) encountered this drink - Sotol. My Mexican son-in-law brought this back from a recent visit home. He tells me it was traditionally made and drunk by lonesome cowboys on the range. Probably no longer the case if major distillers are becoming involved, much as I suspect most Poteen is made in West Belfast garages rather than the hills of Connemara.

It's a drink I am not minded to try, yet. Could manage fine without being simultaneously drunk, stoned and on a hallucinogenic trip. Still, as we know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/drinks/a12798341/sotol-mexican-liquor-spirit/

Sotol4.thumb.jpg.031e3616e6d9db0d8d956cc2519808b5.jpgSotol3.thumb.jpg.d4164a8bc21370e61b0ba93ce0fbfb8a.jpg

Edited by Thane of Cawdor
Ineptitude

Betoota Bitter that isn’t from Betoota or even anywhere in Queensland. Brewed by Yulli’s in Alexandria, NSW although no mention of this on the can. Nothing special and a touch sweet. I’d much prefer a Melbourne Bitter or even a VB.

775E5243-4852-402E-8EE7-81373715BF94.jpeg

Best Pilsner from another South Australian brewer, Pirate Life. It’s not the best pilsner I’ve ever had but it’s certainly no bad. Actually named after malt produced by German maltster, Bestmalz. Pirate Life is no longer an independent brewer as they are part of CUB (Carlton & United Breweries) which is really AB InBev.

CDEBCCAA-07F1-4D32-97E3-B6EC44A66B7A.jpeg