What Are You Drinking ?

Heineken are punting their new lager - Heineken Silver - which I got a couple of sample (150ml) tins of from Waitrose on Friday.

4% and as light a flavour as a lager can be.  Perfect for eating with seafood and/or as an afternoon refresher in the hot weather.

Finally got off the train the back of 4 and have been sampling the local ware since. 

Berliner Kindl raspberry Berliner Weisse, Oberbräu Hell and Konig Weissbier Hell at various bars in Mitte. The Berliner Weisse was especially refreshing in this heat. 

Also popped into the supermarket next to the hotel to get some water and found they have a superb craft beer selection. Currently drinking this IPA from Schoppe Bräu. Very nice it is too, will be popping back in tomorrow. 

20220719_212734.jpg

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Heineken are punting their new lager - Heineken Silver - which I got a couple of sample (150ml) tins of from Waitrose on Friday.

4% and as light a flavour as a lager can be.  Perfect for eating with seafood and/or as an afternoon refresher in the hot weather.

Had that at the Women's Euros in Sheffield last weekend. As mass produced lagers go it wasn't terrible, but I'll not be rushing out to buy more.

Was in Lidl earlier (toilet roll, cheese and a red pepper if you must know) and saw that they're doing another Scottish Craft Beer Festival from tomorrow.

They had the labels out and there's (as usual) some excellent looking stuff. Will definitely fire in tomorrow to grab some.

I went into the McColls next to Queen Street on Saturday afternoon, hoping to pick up a few cans of beer for the train journey back to Inverness. They don't sell booze, so I picked up a few cans of this, assuming it was bog standard canned shandy.

May be an image of drink

It tasted of fizzy burnt plastic. Utterly vile