Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Peebles Rovers 1 Dunbar United 2

I hadn't been to Whitestone Park to see a game for years. They have a pie stall and a not bad pie so everything is great. 

I'm not sure the crowd at the next door egg chasing was much bigger than the crowd for the football but which sport gets all the Borders money spent on it....?

pb5.thumb.jpg.d32539f0b067059502acac5b203e4d86.jpg

pb19.thumb.jpg.7e2b6199ecd93dee4fb1455b148c1f8d.jpg

Being at football at Peebles while the Rugger is on next door is a strange experience. As you say, can definitely tell the preferred sport in the Borders. We didn't actually pay anyone to go to the game at Peebles, still not sure if we were meant to. Enclosing the park e.g. Thornton Hibs would be handy but, as you say, council priorities lie next door.

6 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Being at football at Peebles while the Rugger is on next door is a strange experience. As you say, can definitely tell the preferred sport in the Borders. We didn't actually pay anyone to go to the game at Peebles, still not sure if we were meant to. Enclosing the park e.g. Thornton Hibs would be handy but, as you say, council priorities lie next door.

Probably one of the reasons Peebles are looking at moving. iirc what they can do with the ground is also limited by it being used by cricket during the summer.

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

That looks like a floodlight failure at Mussy ?  Some more grounds that i want to visit sometime - dependant on public transport of course.

cameraman failure. The floodlights are OK. 

There are frequent buses to Mussey from the city centre. Or it's a 15 minute walk from the station. 

On 10/09/2023 at 13:43, Oot N Obua said:

Heading to Munich at the end of October and Bayern play Darmstadt at home that weekend just wondering if anyone has been to Allianz Arena and how easy will it be too get 3 tickets together?

If you don't mind which end you are in, you might be better off buying tickets for the away end. Darmstadt probably won't sell out to members so you might be able to buy away end tickets in the general sale through them.

Bayern is very hard to get tickets for and many groundhoppers who want to go there actually end up going in the away end with a smaller club who don't tend to sell it out.

18 hours ago, Marten said:

If you don't mind which end you are in, you might be better off buying tickets for the away end. Darmstadt probably won't sell out to members so you might be able to buy away end tickets in the general sale through them.

Bayern is very hard to get tickets for and many groundhoppers who want to go there actually end up going in the away end with a smaller club who don't tend to sell it out.

Im not bothered which end i am in just want to experience the Allianz Arena so will definitely keep an eye on the Darmstadt website thats a good idea i see they have tickets available for there away end against Augsburg on sale so could probably get one that way. Hoping when the fixtures are announced i could take in another bundesliga game that weekend as well if Augsburg or Stuttgart are at home on different dates to Munich would take a train  

Tayport 0-4 Buckie Thistle 

Scottish Cup Saturdays!! Cannie whack it. A trip to the most Dundee feeling part of Fife for our third Scottish Cup game of the season and our first visit to a Midland league ground.

The excellent Tayport programme was certainly downplaying the home team's chances this afternoon and that came to pass. Buckie wrapped the game up by half time without really breaking sweat. Two brilliant goals and a penalty saw to that. Second half wasn't much of an event and Buckie sail into round two.

Canniepairt is brilliant. A shed in great nick. The Anderson shelter type building that seems to still have a home at "Highland" grounds. Infrastructure that could certainly be used further up the pyramid unfortunately for Tayport the team is a bit away from that. 

By the way we're on Facebook and Birdapps as Groundhopping Adventures if you fancy a look. I'll not tell Div, honest.

20230923_152946.jpg

20230923_152719.jpg

IMG-20230923-WA0009.jpg

20230923_152730.jpg

In Denny for Dunipace v Cumnock. Scottish Cup tie which has been pretty even throughout.

Cumnock leading at HT in extra time thanks to a goal which looked about 40 yards offside.

This followed a bizarre goal for Dunipace where the ball boinged off the post then off the keeper and in, and then a bizarre goal for Cumnock where the Dunipace keeper went for a walk out his box and got easily lobbed.

And as I type Cumnock score a quick third which should be enough to put the game to rest.

IMG_8600.jpeg

IMG_8604.jpeg

Banks O’Dee 6-0 Dalbeattie Star. First half hour was pretty competitive with the Banks keeper possible making the better of the saves but as the game wore on Dalbeattie started sitting deeper and deeper and it was obvious that if Banks got one the roof would come in and that’s what happened with Banks O’Dee scoring their first in 42 minutes and their 5th just 5 minutes into 2nd half. 6th was added mid way through second half and the home sided just coasted from there. No programme but there was a free team sheet. 

IMG_9196.jpeg

IMG_9197.jpeg

Edited by Jute

First of a English Premier League double header down south this weekend and what a stinker to start with...

Crystal Palace V Fulham 0-0. Both teams lucky to get Nil!

Paid £55 plus a membership for the 'privilege' of watching this. Programme was £3.50. The weather was nice and the Atmosphere generated by the Palace support was excellent. That's all the positives I've got for this one. 

I've been to Selhurst Park back in 1992. When I seen Palace play an  Everton team which had Mo Johnston in it. That was a better game which Palace won 2-0. 

20230923_150019.jpg

20230923_131237.jpg

At Somerdale on the sight of the old chocolate factory for Somerset Prem : Fry's v Keynsham Town Res - just the rugby club  sits between the two clubs in Keynsham nr Bath. At 02 it looked all over until a storming last ten, when the hosts somehow turned it around for 32 - late sending off for the visitors didnt matter.20230923_170657.thumb.jpg.6fe69b5c97cda0f91d4ef0d445f9e30d.jpg20230923_161405.thumb.jpg.c0677fd2fcb2afdb39b46e9a54408c63.jpg20230923_151711.thumb.jpg.4010aa8fcb0bd908286d156ad51925ac.jpg

21 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Tayport 0-4 Buckie Thistle 

Scottish Cup Saturdays!! Cannie whack it. A trip to the most Dundee feeling part of Fife for our third Scottish Cup game of the season and our first visit to a Midland league ground.

The excellent Tayport programme was certainly downplaying the home team's chances this afternoon and that came to pass. Buckie wrapped the game up by half time without really breaking sweat. Two brilliant goals and a penalty saw to that. Second half wasn't much of an event and Buckie sail into round two.

Canniepairt is brilliant. A shed in great nick. The Anderson shelter type building that seems to still have a home at "Highland" grounds. Infrastructure that could certainly be used further up the pyramid unfortunately for Tayport the team is a bit away from that. 

By the way we're on Facebook and Birdapps as Groundhopping Adventures if you fancy a look. I'll not tell Div, honest.

20230923_152946.jpg

20230923_152719.jpg

IMG-20230923-WA0009.jpg

20230923_152730.jpg

Changing rooms are quite amusing too. Just a house. 

At Broomhill v The Cumbernauld Gregory’s Boys at the Rock.

First visit to the Rock. My previous Dumbarton FC home games were all played at the superior in every way Boghead.

Which meant that I had to of course ascend the Castle steps to get the classic “Newcastle away” view of this stadium.

When the teams ran out I was a bit surprised to see the Cumbernauld Cougars wearing their change colours. The respective blue strips from the front don’t really clash, but look uncannily similar from behind at a distance. 

BSC, sorry Broomhill, have taken the lead with a splendid free kick. The Cheviots have just equalised in keeping with the direction of play of late. 

Heavy downpour has also came, as forecast by the yellow weather warning in place, which will give a stiff early season test for this famously dodgy pitch.

IMG_8618.thumb.jpeg.c738fc079b29f9ae31d86b2ff9f4a0fd.jpeg

IMG_8627.jpeg

IMG_8628.jpeg

Porto v Gil Vicente last night. 

Ticket.. 27 euros (in the cheap seats) great view still.

Crowd of about 38k, good atmosphere generated by the home ultras throughout. 

Porto scored in 8 mins, then had a second disallowed, from then on they got sloppy at the back and created less. Vicente equalised and looked like a draw until an injury time Porto winner.

One of the best stadiums I've been to.

20230923_203412.jpg

20230923_202953.jpg

20230923_191827.jpg

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

Second game of the weekend and Headed down to Brighton for their game against AFC Bournemouth. 

This was a much better game than the Crystal Palace game. Though Brighton started sluggishly and Bournemouth took the lead on 25 minutes when the Seagulls goalkeeper got caught messing about at the back by Ryan Christie (who had a good game) who set up Dominic Solanke to give the Cherries a deserved lead. 

Brighton equalised against the run of play in first half injury time when Man of the match Billy Gilmour, who was superb in the game. Sent a cross into the box which the Bournemouth defender should have cleared. But inexplicably ducked...! As the ball went in! 1-1 at half time.

Brighton made two changes at half time, one was Evan Ferguson for Mitoma who took seconds after coming on to give Brighton the lead. A Bournemouth player got caught on the ball by Mitoma who fed the ball to Dahoud, who gave it back to Mitoma to slot the ball home. 

Brighton were much brighter in the second half, but Bournemouth also were good as the game opened up. Bournemouth had a couple of shouts for a penalty. The first I thought was a penalty, but the refund VAR gave neither. 

Brighton scored the third on 76 minutes with a short, sharp passing move as Mitoma scored again. Bournemouth very nearly and should have scored again as a scramble was cleared of the line moments later. 

In the end a deserved win based on the second half for Brighton, but Bournemouth deserve credit for making it an entertaining afternoon. 

Ticket was a reasonable £32 (PDF) And programmes £3.50.

Tickets also include travel to and from the game over quite a generous area. Its very well organised both in Brighton and at the stadium. Stadium is a superb for a new build as well, if not a bit out of the centre. 

20230924_154732.jpg

20230924_153728.jpg

20230924_152215.jpg

20230924_135620.jpg

56 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Porto v Gil Vicente last night. 

Ticket.. 27 euros (in the cheap seats) great view still.

Crowd of about 38k, good atmosphere generated by the home ultras throughout. 

Porto scored in 8 mins, then had a second disallowed, from then on they got sloppy at the back and created less. Vicente equalised and looked like a draw until an injury time Porto winner.

One of the best stadiums I've been to.

20230923_203412.jpg

20230923_202953.jpg

20230923_191827.jpg

That looks superb. I'm heading to Portugal (Porto) in January. Any tips about buying tickets etc? Thanks?

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

That looks superb. I'm heading to Portugal (Porto) in January. Any tips about buying tickets etc? Thanks?

I was able to buy online from the Porto website no problem, and the tickets were QR codes sent via email.

Don't panic about them not being on sale until close to the day, they only seem to go up 7-10 days before the match. 

Apparently if its not a game via Sporting or Benfica it doesn't usually sellout. Not sure how difficult it is to get tix for those two fixtures.

The metro out to the game and back in to town works really well and you won't have to queue too long. 

One thing that slowed us down slightly was not having a ticket for the return leg.. there was a barrier check and we got sent back to the ticket machine queue, so worth getting a return in advance. 

You could also easily walk it from town.

23 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I was able to buy online from the Porto website no problem, and the tickets were QR codes sent via email.

Don't panic about them not being on sale until close to the day, they only seem to go up 7-10 days before the match. 

Apparently if its not a game via Sporting or Benfica it doesn't usually sellout. Not sure how difficult it is to get tix for those two fixtures.

The metro out to the game and back in to town works really well and you won't have to queue too long. 

One thing that slowed us down slightly was not having a ticket for the return leg.. there was a barrier check and we got sent back to the ticket machine queue, so worth getting a return in advance. 

You could also easily walk it from town.

Cheers. There's no big games between those 3 when I'm there. There is the League Cup final in Leiria (which I have a ticket for already, as they went on sale at a reduced price at the start of the season!?!) So hoping for a couple of big names in the final.