Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Eilenriede Stadion (H96s training complex) for H96 II - Kilia Kiel, Regionalliga Nord (Tier 4).

Former H96 & Hearts manager Daniel Stendel currently in charge of the B team. Not the best of games that I've seen, wouldn't be able to tell that one team was top of the league and the other 2nd bottom. H96 II with the winner 5 minutes before the end as the Kiel keeper totally misjudged a speculative lob into the box, which bounced just in front of him, over his head and into the goal.

Attendance 496.

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

13 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Pollok 1 Cumnock 2 HT. 

First visit to Newlandsfield under lights and I must say it is perfection. A magnificent place to watch football.

IMG_9439.jpeg

IMG_9440.jpeg

IMG_9444.jpeg

Aye, I was there too. I must’ve been about 6 or 7 times now and I’ve never seen a game with less than 4 goals in it.

Pollok should’ve won it comfortably with the chances they had. Would like to see the offside goal again right enough. 

Best part of the evening was talking to a group of Frankfurt fans that were over for the Aberdeen game. No away fans allowed at that, so they came through from Edinburgh to make sure they saw at least one game. They’re trying to get a few tickets for the home end at Pittodrie, and were going about asking folk at Newlandsfield if they had an account with buying history at Aberdeen :lol:

40 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Aye, I was there too. I must’ve been about 6 or 7 times now and I’ve never seen a game with less than 4 goals in it.

Pollok should’ve won it comfortably with the chances they had. Would like to see the offside goal again right enough. 

Best part of the evening was talking to a group of Frankfurt fans that were over for the Aberdeen game. No away fans allowed at that, so they came through from Edinburgh to make sure they saw at least one game. They’re trying to get a few tickets for the home end at Pittodrie, and were going about asking folk at Newlandsfield if they had an account with buying history at Aberdeen :lol:

I didn’t meet the Germans. Think they saw a good game at least!

Enjoyed the Cumnock manager shouting “hit a Carlos!” just before the Cumnock free kick was leathered in. 

The disallowed goal looked miles offside from my position down behind the other goal (maybe a “slight” bias towards Cumnock here, ha!).

Here is a clip of it anyway, lifted from the West Premier League thread:

It’s Merksworth Park for Dalry Thistle v Lesmahagow. West of Scotland Third Division.

Had a grand day out. Away early to Irvine Beach for a wee stroll in the Force 10 gale, nice bit of lunch and then a game of football.

Two closely matched teams. Some decent football being played. 2-1 to Dalry at HT.

Finished 4-4. Dalry went 3-1 up, then 3-4 down, and finally equalised in the last couple of minutes with a “squiggler”, or like one of those shots you used to hit with a flyaway.

Thoroughly entertaining game. 

IMG_9459.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC
Full time

East Stirlingshire 3-2 Albion Rovers 

After a short enforced break due to mental health and weather reasons we're back on the road to witness the battle between two former SPFL clubs at the Bairnabeau.

I grew up close to Falkirk so have seen Shire at home several times. Mostly at dearly departed Firs Park and under the heady days of Spencer and Jim McInally at Ochilview.

Shire the first team to drop down and Rovers the latest. The Falkirk Stadium feels a bit cavernous with a hundred odd souls but at least Shire have somewhere to play. 

The game wasn't of particularly great quality and you can see why both clubs are at the arse end of the League. Shire open the scoring after a guddle rather than a stramash and a well worked goal equalises for the Rovers. Not the most entertaining of matches with Rovers fans breaking out into panto banter and Christmas Carols. That was until the last ten minutes when things went a bit mad. Firstly an excellently placed header puts Rovers ahead. a stramash rather than a guddle sees Shire equalise and wild scenes follow shortly afterwards with the winner.

It's a shame to see both these clubs out the league but they have no god given right to be there and, let's be honest, Edinburgh City and Spartans are far better than the teams they have replaced (not in facilities Meadowbank 😒).

Come and support the Shire, mad Bill is long gone but the ever optimistic Shire fans will always welcome you with open arms.

20231216_152720.jpg

20231216_155116.jpg

20231216_163434.jpg

Musselburgh Ath 2-2 Tynecastle. 5th v 10th in East of Scotland Premier. Was a lot closer than I was expecting given reverse fixture finished 7-1 to Musselburgh. Tynecastle took lead in first half with a goal from a great free kick. Musselburgh pulled level not long after and game was pretty even if a little niggley. 2nd half Tynecastle had the better chances and deserved to go 2-1 up. Musselburgh equalised at the death with nice finish. 

IMG_9400.jpeg

IMG_9401.jpeg

IMG_9402.jpeg

Kings Lynn Town 0-0 Warrington Town.

Draw a fair result I'd say. Kings Lynn had a pretty good opening 15-20 minutes then Warrington came into it. Pretty even after that. 

A point stops the rot, Lynn having lost their last four (I think). Combination of that and Christmas seeing a low crowd today. I'd guess about 500. Way down on the usual 800-1000 or so.

Hopefully the Boxing Day derby v Boston will see a bumper crowd. And a win. 

Edited by Trackdaybob
Fuckin smart phone my arse...

Vale of Leithen 0 Rosyth 2, EOSL Div 1.
Vale come agonisingly close to grabbing their first point of the season but the Fifers break their hearts with 2 sloppy goals in the 87th and 89th minutes.
Vale defend well with the two centre halves winning practically everything and the keeper saving them, and Rosyth miss a barrowload of crosses whipped across the face of the Vale goal.
Earlier I caught some of the South Cup 2nd Round tie on the adjacent pitch. Leithen Rovers 2 West Barns Star 3.

IMG_8813.thumb.JPG.8650ab21ec459f5fd4c31ee983c4c926.JPG

IMG_8816.thumb.JPG.d0105bb911c699757f0674735a7e707f.JPG

DJI_0404.thumb.jpg.2ff9d7992c41b40ae3163e60c1bf1093.jpg

DJI_0405.thumb.jpg.801caba76d0ffd8d2acc3805fface1f0.jpg

South Shields 1-2 Peterbrough Sports - National League North - 16/12/23

National League North is the thing I hadn't realised was missing from my life. It's fucking amazing. Already been to Blyth and Darlington this season and made the trip to South Shields this weekend. Absolutely brilliant.

Good wee stadiums with a decent atmosphere, not too pricey to get in (£14 for this one) and a passable pint on offer to be enjoyed while watching the game.

Visitors went 2-0 up in the first half after two pieces of calamitous home defending, but South Shields got back into it in the second half and were unlucky not to get anything in the end. A really enjoyable game with the right amount of dig about it.

Peterbrough Sports have a player called Gash.

The ground is right next to a metro stop and only takes about 20 minutes to get to from Newcastle Central, only points off are that there isn't really a pub close by. A good walk in any direction as far as I could tell, and I ended up in a run-of-the-mill boozer some distance from the ground. It's great once you get into the ground though. Really friendly place too. Lost count of how many people I ended up chatting to.

Looking forward to a few more of these this season, hopefully.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

AC Milan v Monza

What a stadium the San Siro is. Everything you'd dream of and more. Massive, imposing, industrial, gritty, steep. Atmosphere was good for a run of the mill win v mid table opposition. Sat in the Curva Sud, in the top tier, with the ultras in front of us in the middle tier. Took my fiancé, who is a black woman, and was a little nervous given what you hear about Italian football but no issues at all. Only 21 euros for a ticket and can drink pints at your seat. Brilliant.

IMG-20231217-WA0012.thumb.jpg.676b03be665fc531779b93d6f1ba5477.jpg

IMG-20231217-WA0014.thumb.jpg.c8173638850c7716477865712d74df41.jpg

IMG-20231217-WA0027.thumb.jpg.f5b30563acc4c055aefef47b1f8dfe3b.jpg

IMG-20231217-WA0032.thumb.jpg.ef40554849797ea4bb12582a580b9dec.jpg

On 16/12/2023 at 14:24, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

It’s Merksworth Park for Dalry Thistle v Lesmahagow. West of Scotland Third Division.

Had a grand day out. Away early to Irvine Beach for a wee stroll in the Force 10 gale, nice bit of lunch and then a game of football.

Two closely matched teams. Some decent football being played. 2-1 to Dalry at HT.

Finished 4-4. Dalry went 3-1 up, then 3-4 down, and finally equalised in the last couple of minutes with a “squiggler”, or like one of those shots you used to hit with a flyaway.

IMG_9459.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

My memory of Merksworth is getting out alive after Musselburgh beat them in the Junior Cup semi-final...

Must go back in less seething circumstances...

On 16/12/2023 at 15:24, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

IMG_9459.jpeg

IMG_9465.jpeg

My home town, my parents live not far from there, really like what they've done to the little covered seating area outside the ground  spent many an evening hanging about there as a teenager in the 80s.

FC Porto 0-2 FC Sonaco.

Decent game in the top flight of Guinea-Bissau. Impossible to find any fixtures online so I wandered down to the national stadium where I had a very interesting conversation with the head of media, who invited me to meet the squad when they arrive after Christmas for training before the pre-AFCON friendlies. He told me the league fixtures just get posted to a WhatsApp group, so no wonder I couldn't find them.

Anyway. Nice little stadium with about 350 fans there. It was actually a double header with Benfica playing sometime else an hour later, but unlike most of the crowd I didn't hang around.

Game got off to a bad start when the match ball burst after less than a minute; a good example of the lack of funding the sport gets here.

Sonaco were the better team in the first half but struck a weak penalty which was easily saved. They took the lead early on the second with a lovely chip then Porto got back into it. It turned into quite an enjoyable game. Sonaco got the insurance goal with a penalty late on.

No snacks at the game but a bar you get a decent view from and a literal boatload of oysters, 15p each, on sale on the street outside.

Ticket price 66p. Would recommend.

IMG_20231222_174624.jpg

IMG_20231222_165833.jpg

Edited by DiegoDiego

Rutherglen Glencairn 0 Kilwinning Rangers 0. HT.

I believe teams had to ask for a fixture to be allocated today, so a big “thank you” to these two clubs and the volunteers here who made this game happen. To someone who is at best “ambivalent” to Christmas, it means a lot to get out of the house for a bit of normality before the madness begins.

It has been a fiercely contested game so far, both teams playing some decent football, despite the incessant gale.

IMG_9510.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

Rutherglen Glencairn 0-0 Kilwinning Rangers

Came through to Ruggie for some festive football. One of only a handful of non league fixtures on today.

Been before but it suited. Wet and wild but not that unpleasant, the kind of weather that impacted the game but didn't ruin it. The lack of goals was a quality issue not a meteorological. Very surprised to see Neil McGregor playing for Kilwinning. I believe he is the last member of the Clyde team that beat Celtic still playing, if anyone wants to feel ancient.

A game of several chances, Glens hit the bar and there was one magnificent save at the other end but no goals in this one. Decent crowd, good park and to get a grass pitch on, on a day like this, is a credit to the Ruggie ground staff.

Absolute scenes at the end as the Glencairn keeper handles the ball outside the area and is sent off, fortunately they still had a sub left to make so no outfield player in goals for the freekick. In keeping with the game though, the shot is off target.

20231223_134141.jpg

20231223_134436.jpg

20231223_142341.jpg

Looks like we were all at Glens today... I blame my mate for dragging me along though! It wasn't bad for a 0-0, a couple of good saves and a shot off the bar. There was a bit of feistiness as well. Seemed to be a decent Buffs support too.  

rg1.thumb.jpg.b840aead097161c36484f81357715f2c.jpg

rg2.thumb.jpg.0d5c38f07cae526813e380f377917670.jpg

rg3.thumb.jpg.4b342158979853f96eeb726ef78abd01.jpg