Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Would have been a good game to go to if you weren't supporting Chelsea Iain! The away end at Newcastle is a nightmare. You need to get into training weeks before just to make it up the stairs to the top. They used to put us in the corner but now moved round behind the goals. A couple of times I have passed my away ticket on, sat in the home end and taken having to sit on my hands for a decent view.

Makes the pre-match pint all the more worthwhile once you do reach the top though! And, on the plus side, if you're there on a clear day and the game is rotten, then at least you get a nice view of the Newcastle skyline....

Got my tickets in! attachicon.gif1359921805498.jpg

Not exactly a bad game to be going to that one!

Does anyone have any experience of getting tickets for Polish games? There's a fair chance i'm going to be in Warsaw for Legia Warsaw v Lech Poznan in May but their website didn't translate very well so i have no idea how to go about investigating it.

An article from last year says they average around 19,000 per game and have a 31,000 seater stadium so i suppose i could always just turn up and try and pay at the gate.

Going to FC Groningen V Zwolle on Saturday Feb 23rd - ticket was 22 euro, then Utrect v Roda on the Sunday which is pay at the gate.

Quite looking forward to it as never been to a Dutch match before.

The Euroborg is a good ground IMO: might not be rocking given the home side have been piss-poor this season, though it is a local derby of sorts. Look out for the home fans behind the goal, they usually bring some form of party piece like a giant flag.

post-11540-0-31780500-1360133317_thumb.j

post-11540-0-57391400-1360133226_thumb.j

^^^ giant flag

The Merleyn is a great wee bar to stop in before or after the match, south of the city centre, walking distance from the ground.

Heading down to London in the 16th of march for the boxing and plan to take in a game. West ham v Chelsea and spurs v fulham on that day. Not much chance of tickets, so opting for leyton orient v Carlisle. With Carlisle being semi local, it's turned out not too bad!

Heading down to London in the 16th of march for the boxing and plan to take in a game. West ham v Chelsea and spurs v fulham on that day. Not much chance of tickets, so opting for leyton orient v Carlisle. With Carlisle being semi local, it's turned out not too bad!

I'm heading to that one. My mate got tickets through a lad from his work who's in the supporters club. Pricey though.

You're a bit unfortunate with that weekend as it's derbys in the Prem and only one Championship team is at home.

I was going to a Brentford v Carlisle game about 15 years ago and the game was called off at about 2.30, just as a bus load of Carlisle fans had arrived.

Ouch!