Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Sheffield United v Spurs this Wednesday.

Alright mate, where you going before the game? 14 Morton going down to this game. We're hoping to get to Sheffield for about 4pm and will probably head into town for a bit before settling in the Cricketers Pub. If you're about be sure to say hello.

Edited by midTONs

Alright mate, where you going before the game? 14 Morton going down to this game. We're hoping to get to Sheffield for about 4pm and will probably head into town for a bit before settling in the Cricketers Pub. If you're about be sure to say hello.

Devonshire Cat, Sheaf Island and Golden Lion looks like my plan.

Possibly Royal Standard after the game.

Do you know there's a 'ring of steel' going up around the outside of the away end, right outside the Cricketers?

Not sure exactly how that affects access.

Headed to Bath last weekend on a boys rugby tour to watch Glasgow. Thanks to BT switching game to Sunday we had a free Saturday afternoon. A few boys went to Newport to watch more rugby, but a couple of us went to FA Cup tie between Cardiff and Reading. Cracking stadium at Cardiff now, and dearest ticket was £12!!! And you could have beer. Just reminded me of everything that's wrong in Scottish football.

TD

Devonshire Cat, Sheaf Island and Golden Lion looks like my plan.

Possibly Royal Standard after the game.

Do you know there's a 'ring of steel' going up around the outside of the away end, right outside the Cricketers?

Not sure exactly how that affects access.

Alright mate, just seeing this now. We were in Sheaf Island for one, intended going to the Crown but there queues outside and ended up next door in the Barrel on London Road.

Unlucky last night, done us proud.

Edited by midTONs

Alright mate, just seeing this now. We were in Sheaf Island for one, intended going to the Crown but there queues outside and ended up next door in the Barrel on London Road.

Unlucky last night, done us proud.

Aye.

Left Sheaf Island without a pint as it was too busy and hardly any staff.

Stuck my head in the door of the Cricketers at the back of 7 but left there too!

Booked a refundable hotel room for the potential Man U game when I was hauf cut yesterday afternoon.

We shall see!

Freezing cold. Pitch is in a poor condition but a decent crowd considering how far and quickly Stockport County have fallen.

I used to travel past Edgeley Park regularly on the train during that late Nineties period when Stockport were established in (what's now) the Championship and Manchester City were slumming it with local derbies against Macclesfield in the third tier. Amazing how quickly things can change in football - it's a cruel mistress. Good to see the Hatters' fans are still supporting the club; they'll no doubt eventually return to the Football League if people stick with them.

At Stockport County v Stalybridge Celtic.

Hopefully I get to see Celtic lose.

A team in blue that are a financial basketcase and whose fans continually sing The Sash playing Celtic? Sounds all too familiar to enjoy!

I've been trying to work out the words to that. Definitely the sash tune but no idea what they are singing.

£15 quid to get in which is a bit steep but been an entertaining game so far. 1-1.

You're right. The Stalybridge Celtic fans haven't been brainwashed, they've got the Union Jack with them. 2-2 now.

It is. They were singing it at Bradford Park Avenue when I was there last season.

My next visit will most likely be to Farsley next month.

Yep. It's their song. There's even a local beer dedicated to it with a scarf a feature of the bar tap badge. Someone on here said the song was introduced to them many years ago by relocated Glaswegian workers but I can't remember the exact story.

Booked up for Istanbul late September this year and looking to get a game in. Anyone got any experience of taking a game in over there? Any feedback would be great fully accepted.

Yeah, I've been to Kasimpasa, which is the most central of the Istanbul clubs being just 10 mins from Taksim Sq. Tickets go up on Biletix about 3 weeks before the games and you collect them on the day.

The cheapest seats are for the Kapali Tribune behind the North goal. This is where the ultras go, but there's only about 200 of them and five times that in terms of seats, so you'll not get any hassles. Anybody we spoke to was perfectly friendly as well; they seem used to tourists coming along as they're so easy to get tickets for. The only time they ever sell out is for matches against the three big Istanbul clubs.

Istanbul is a fantastic city. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.