Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

The Wisla Krakow game wasn't the best I have to say. Zawisza Bydgoszcz won 1-0 from one of their few chances, but from their play they probably just about deserved it. Wisla were terrible, they could still be playing today and not have scored. They were so slow and toothless. On that performance I would expect even St Mirren to beat them.

The atmosphere could have been better too, but I think that was because the stadium was less than a third full (and no away fans, that I noticed anyway). The Ultras did sing the entire game, but it's weird when it doesn't have a bearing to what's happening on the pitch.

I'm going to the Wisla game tomorrow against Zawisza Bydgoszcz, also thinking of taking in the Krakow derby in 2 weeks time (I think), Have you already got a ticket for the game? If not then you should get it in advance. For Wisla you need to get a supporters card and I imagine it would be the same at Cracovia. It doesn't take long, but can imagine it would be a hassle on the matchday.

As for the football scene in Krakow, Wisla are definitely the bigger team at the moment, but the difference isn't huge at the minute. Cracovia aren't doing too well in the league just now, but I think they drew with Lech Poznan a couple of weeks ago and look like they have a decent chance in the game you're going to.

the games at 6 so il nip to the ground early afternoon,its close to the centre anyway,that should sort it in plenty time.gabarnia krakov early doors saturady and possibly wislaII in the afternoon

the games at 6 so il nip to the ground early afternoon,its close to the centre anyway,that should sort it in plenty time.gabarnia krakov early doors saturady and possibly wislaII in the afternoon

Yeah, it's easy to get to. Get a tram or a bus to Cracovia and you'll find the stadium quite easily...if you need any information about either stadiums give me a PM though, I live close to both.

managed 2 games,cracovia on the Friday night and garbarnia in league 3 on Saturdays, total cost 11zloty(£2). cracovia was 1 zty,a promotion,needed photo scan to buy ticket and same entering the ground;not so garbarnia,turnstile was a parked car with window wound down!

cracovia was bizarre,in with the ultra types,guy with back to the game coordinating singing,he didn't see a bit of it from what I saw..means theres an atmosphere but not any more real than piped in music when theres a goal in my opinion-Im used to atmosphere ebbing and flowing with the game.

gabarnias ground made central park look like hampden

Edited by highlandcowden

managed 2 games,cracovia on the Friday night and garbarnia in league 3 on Saturdays, total cost 11zloty(£2). cracovia was 1 zty,a promotion,needed photo scan to buy ticket and same entering the ground;not so garbarnia,turnstile was a parked car with window wound down!

cracovia was bizarre,in with the ultra types,guy with back to the game coordinating singing,he didn't see a bit of it from what I saw..means theres an atmosphere but not any more real than piped in music when theres a goal in my opinion-Im used to atmosphere ebbing and flowing with the game.

gabarnias ground made central park look like hampden

That's what I find with the atmosphere at polish games...it has no bearing to what's happening on the pitch. Even when the other team scores they continue singing the same song. I don't think the less than half full stadiums help either though. Although that may not be as much of an issue with Cracovia.

Was at Vitesse v AZ in the Dutch top flight on Friday night. Have to say expected more from the actual match, did not seem to be too much higher a standard than your average Scottish game. Atmosphere/crowd were cracking though and they make a fair amount of noise with the roof of the stadium closed.

Just back from Crystal Palace 3 v QPR 1. Pretty decent game from Crystal Palace with QPR being mince. The only bright spot for them was Matt Philips 40 yard goal. My first thought was that Speroni had made an arse of the goal. However, after seeing it on TV, it was a stunning goal. Crystal Palace support was excellent, as always and are a good 12th man. Traditional old fashioned ground that has been adapted, but still holds a bit of character. £40 a ticket was a bit steep, but it's London, so I suppose that's the going rate there.

Anyone else applied or applying in the ballot for the Champions League final?

Being held in Berlin. Not too keen on athletics style stadiums with the running track between the park and the crowd, but it is being held in Berlin and I've been looking to try and go there for a while and if I get lucky in the draw it will give me a good excuse.

Think you can apply up until the 23rd of March.

Was at Vitesse v AZ in the Dutch top flight on Friday night. Have to say expected more from the actual match, did not seem to be too much higher a standard than your average Scottish game. Atmosphere/crowd were cracking though and they make a fair amount of noise with the roof of the stadium closed.

i was there about 16ys ago,vitesse vs AEK Athens in the uefa cup.in the away end,it was mental and utterly chaotic

did you?and if so,how was it?

Nah, ended up just watching it on TV. Both teams aren't doing too well this year. Wisla won 2-1, but the game wasn't great. Better than the game against Zawisza mind you! The atmosphere looked cracking though! Will probably try to get to another couple of games in the next few weeks.

Nah, ended up just watching it on TV. Both teams aren't doing too well this year. Wisla won 2-1, but the game wasn't great. Better than the game against Zawisza mind you! The atmosphere looked cracking though! Will probably try to get to another couple of games in the next few weeks.

thought wisla looked decent away to legia,very unlucky to just get a point

bought a new magazine in whsmiths in queen st station earlier this month called "football weekends" which is al about travelling to various easy to reach places to watch footy.apologies to the mods if that comes across as advertising,it isn't,i feel it might be of interest to the folk who visit this thread.

the 1st issue had articles on the Czech republic/Madrid/perth(!)/Dortmund/milan/Debrecen/Coventry/boulougne etc.

new issue out tomorrow I believe

not the most brilliantly written magazine but a lot of handy stuff for people that are into travelling to see football I thought

Munchengladbach v Leverkusen on 9th May. Standing in the away end. €14.50 a ticket. Cheap as chips. Compare that to the cost of football in Britain !

Probably go to Bochum v Ingolstadt on the Sunday.

Been to a good few German games. Football not always the best but atmosphere usually superb.

We were trying to get Cologne v Schalke tickets for 9th May as Cologne is easily the best atmosphere we have experienced, but some of the ground has been closed off due to the poor behaviour of the Cologne fans in recent matches (they seem to have a problem element amongst them. When we were there, they were fighting with the police and amongst themselves after winning 2-0. Crazy).

I went to Pakhtakor V Sogdiana in the Uzbek Premier League a couple of months back. Bit surreal really, free entry, almost no atmosphere other than one part of the ground with a small group of 'ultras' with a megaphone, having to stand for the national anthem at the end.... the standard was pretty good, though.

Went to see Legia Warsaw against Piast Gilwice on Saturday night. Technically good game with Legia winning 2-0. Mental fans behind the goals at one end with them never stopping chanting. A squad of pissheads on the bus going down to the stadium falling all over the place and spilling beer on my wife wasn't very pleasant. Also got our tickets through the day only to find out when we arrived that they didn't work. Queued up for another 45 minutes to get them changed and just made the kick off. The stadium is top notch with a capacity of about 27,000. Reckon their was about 12,000 at the game. At a tenner a scull for decent seats it was a bargain and would recommend it to anyone. A foot note on the drinking, I've been to Bundesliga games as well and been in the middle of trouble due to drink. None of this ever gets brought up and it's a throw back to the 70/80's over here. This is one reason that we should keep football and drink separate.

Aarau v Sion yesterday, with Sion winning 1-0 despite being utterly woeful.

Aarau play some decent football but I have never seen a team so inept when it comes to taking chances. Every time I have seen them this time they have missed 2 or 3 that really should have been buried.

Going to head to Vaduz on Sunday for what is pretty much a relegation decider. If Aarau don't win it, they are almost certainly going down.