Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

St Roch's v Ashfield. 2-1 FT.

Pretty lively, tackles flying in. Referee showing admirable restraint and keeping the game ticking over nicely.

Decent crowd in, maybe a couple of hundred.

Missed the big £20 raffle prize by one strip, my perfect run of zero wins continues unabated into a new season. IMG_20190726_184348.thumb.jpeg.24908b7c74c66fbb9538ef393f389a36.jpegIMG_20190726_184651.jpeg.5f0f37b8e2e35b42098e4b3d335d9747.jpegIMG_20190726_191347.jpeg.0206eed28ef233461ce720ad08d7d336.jpegIMG_20190726_184914.jpeg.fd3432976cf2ab48d05abe186ac5d653.jpeg

Pakhtakor Tashkent 3-1 Kokand 1912.

A pretty straightforward win for the league leaders against the bottom club. Both teams had a ridiculous amount of time on the ball. Kokand's defence were pretty rigid and were caught out by simple through balls on many occasions.

There was a display on the scoreboard and banner in the stands on the 79th minute to mark the 1979 death of the Pakhtakor team (and 110 others) in a mid-air collision on the way to play Dinamo Minsk.

The game was free entry and there were about four thousand there I reckon, including about 150 away fans. Decent atmosphere created by the young team but a pretty uninspiring game. It was also noteworthy for the child labor employed, all those selling snacks looked about twelve years old.IMG_20190726_220555.jpgIMG_20190726_202948.jpgIMG_20190726_200226.jpgIMG_20190726_121103.jpg

31 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

This rain is a menace today ! 

Aye trying to decide on a game today at the moment but rain is putting off. Going to end up somewhere with cover I suspect.

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

Aye trying to decide on a game today at the moment but rain is putting off. Going to end up somewhere with cover I suspect.

Got a few mates up for the game tomorrow we are going to Paties Road if on Jute. 

56 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Got a few mates up for the game tomorrow we are going to Paties Road if on Jute. 

See that’s off Rab. Think I will hedge my bets and go to Pefermill as if Uni game is off can always head round to watch Leith v Lothian on the plastic.

thinking of going to real mallorca v espanyol in october when i’m on holiday. not sure how easy it is to get tickets though ?
Should be a peice of piss. Outside of massive derbies getting tickets for Spanish football is fairly easy it seems.

Jeanfield Swifts 1 Camelon 0 HT.

Lovely park. Could benefit from a big air conditioned dome, it's steamy here.

Enjoyed the walk from here into Perth, over the rail bridge and back before the game.(Via Greyfriars for a wee pint of Alchemy.)

Close game so far. Camelon missed a great chance, Jeanfield took theirs and have shaded it. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more goals.

Huge step up in quality from the St Roch's game last night. IMG_20190727_151629.jpegIMG_20190727_144618.jpeg

Was at Edinburgh Uni v Caledonian Braves in lowland league today. First half was pretty even with both sides creating chances. Second half was pretty much one way traffic with Caledonian running out 6-0 winners.

F437ACAD-8C05-4A70-ACFD-2BE34FFFA8C8.jpeg

Been to 3 in the last week..all 'firsts' for the ground..

Civil Service Strollers 5 v Arniston 0

Dalkeith 2 v Spartans 1

Craigroyston 1 v Kinnoull 5

Best game certainly Dalkeith which had the interesting addition of a large circus tent in the park next to the ground with loud techno music pumping out throughout the match.

Favourite one of the summer so far though, despite the result was Killie 0 v Dinamo Bucharest 3 at the Marbella Sport Centre.

Hoping to get along to Ormiston v Craigroyston this week.

Edited by Jedi

Easter Road beckons tomorrow for Hibs vs Newcastle. Not really a random match anymore as I've been to that many Newcastle games recently.

My toon supporting mate informs me that they've sold out the whole allocation of 3000+. I'm in among them obviously.

1 minute ago, Connor1874 said:

Easter Road beckons tomorrow for Hibs vs Newcastle. Not really a random match anymore as I've been to that many Newcastle games recently.

My toon supporting mate informs me that they've sold out the whole allocation of 3000+. I'm in among them obviously.

Superb ! I went to the Hearts friendly a couple of years ago quite fancy this one tomorrow too. 

18 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Superb ! I went to the Hearts friendly a couple of years ago quite fancy this one tomorrow too. 

I was there too. Newcastle got a reduced allocation because of the ongoing stadium construction at the time.

It coincided with my mate going on holiday and he was gutted, but this has made up for it. 3 of us in the Toon end, and a few mates of ours in the Hibs end so making a proper night of it.

11 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

I was there too. Newcastle got a reduced allocation because of the ongoing stadium construction at the time.

It coincided with my mate going on holiday and he was gutted, but this has made up for it. 3 of us in the Toon end, and a few mates of ours in the Hibs end so making a proper night of it.

Ah did they. I remember it not being as big a support as I expected given the very good travelling support Newcastle have. 

I’ve seen Liverpool at Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen ... hopefully Hibs one day ! 

Sounds like a good one - enjoy ! 

Took in the Liverppol Napoli match yesterday, pretty poor as a spectacle if I'm honest. Murrayfield is not fit for purpose as a football stadium. If you're behind the goals then you've had it. Ala Hampden.

Noticed that - presumably due to lesser / no segregation - attendance for this friendly surpassed Hearts v Celtic in LC SF as the biggest Scottish football attendance for a generation: you have to go back to Scottish Cup Final in 1989. Something depressing about that for England-Italy club friendly. Ditto this talk of SRU setting up one of your Qatar v Brazil-style encounters.

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’ve seen Liverpool at Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen ... hopefully Hibs one day ! 

Aren’t you forgetting something 😉

Edited by The Mantis