Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

• 3 weeks later...

Ayr Utd v Forfar on the 23rd of August. I'm down to my final five grounds in the SPFL that I haven't visited. The problem I'm having though is finding match days where Aberdeen aren't at home and one of the final five are at home.

Hopefully the League and Challenge Cup draws is favourable for me in that aspect then as I was hoping to complete my list before the end of the year.

• 4 weeks later...

Ayr Utd v Forfar on the 23rd of August. I'm down to my final five grounds in the SPFL that I haven't visited. The problem I'm having though is finding match days where Aberdeen aren't at home and one of the final five are at home.

Hopefully the League and Challenge Cup draws is favourable for me in that aspect then as I was hoping to complete my list before the end of the year.

Going to Brora Rangers v Stenhousemuir in the Challenge Cup. Going to be one of those very long days out.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning to visit all the top division stadiums over here this season, following my local side FC Aarau. Managed to get another one out the way yesterday when I visited the disappointingly re named Stade de Suisse, which will probably always be known by the area it was built in as "Wankdorf Stadium".

Edited to add, match finished 1-1, both sides had decent chances to win, Aarau finished with 10 men after their final substitute was stretchered off less than a minute after coming on, and I have a c*nt of a hangover.

Edited by Ross.

Change of plans for me. UEFA have swapped dates for both Split clubs in the 2nd round Europa League. Instead of watching. RNK Split v Beer Sheva(Israel), it's now going to be Hadjuk Split v Dundalk! Happy? You bet.

Hope both sides go through, might mean there is a match on when I am in Split on holiday later this month. Whether or not I can convince my missus to go is another question.

Bought tickets just earlier for

Bolton v Bury - League cup 1st Round

Born in Bury and still got a lot of family down that way. Try to get to 3 or 4 games a season. Got tickets in the away end for this one at just £10 a pop. Should be a great atmosphere - would expect around 2,000 Shakers to make the short trip!

I went along to watch a pre-season friendly between Schalke and Stoke City on Tuesday night in Kufstein, Austria, 5 minutes walk from the office. Finished 2-1 to Schalke, their goals being scored by Joel Matip and Tranquillo Barnetta, after Stoke had taken the lead through new signing, and former Barcelona "wonderkid" Bojan Krkic. Stoke's Austrian international Marko Arnautovic had missed a penalty in the first half, which looked like justice to me as he took a bit of a dive to win the pen in the first place.

Decent enough game, with both sides fielding strong teams. Couple of points to make:

1. Marko Arnautovic looks to be about a stone overweight. He made Charlie Adam look anorexic.
  2. Peter Crouch looks ****ing ridiculously tall close up
  3. Ryan Shawcross and Robert Huth are about the most formiddable looking centre half partnership that I've ever seen
  4. Bojan is going to be wasted in that Stoke team. In the land of the giants, he looked like a midget!
Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child