Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

You can probably pick up Benfica tickets up until the day itself, definitely a few days beforehand. There's probably a shop in the city centre, but otherwise they can be bought in the huge fans store at the ground. The ground is near the metro stop Colegio Militar/Luz and the path to the ground (underneath the motorway) should be signposted from there. There's also an online shop but the system didn't seem to be working for me.

I think my ticket for a lower tier seat near the centre circle cost 21 Euros in January.

Going to London on April 25th to have a weekend on the piss run in the marathon and I'm hoping to take in a game. Options are Palace vs Hull, QPR vs West Ham, Millwall vs Derby or Leyton Orient vs Sheff Utd.

Doubt I'd get tickets for QPR but Palace is meant to be a good atmosphere or Millwall could be an interesting one. Will report back.

im thinking of heading to Lisbon for the weekend of 15th march. benfica-braga and belenenses-estoril are on that weekend along with some lower league stuff. anyone got any useful info about getting to the footy in Portugal eg ticket prices, how to access tickets etc?

after all that,im off to Krakow instead. Cracovia are at home that weekend(14th march) so ill be going to that but anyone know anything about the local footy scene there eg wee teams etc

Going to London on April 25th to have a weekend on the piss run in the marathon and I'm hoping to take in a game. Options are Palace vs Hull, QPR vs West Ham, Millwall vs Derby or Leyton Orient vs Sheff Utd.

Doubt I'd get tickets for QPR but Palace is meant to be a good atmosphere or Millwall could be an interesting one. Will report back.

I'd go palace best fans in Britain

Working down in Essex just now so decided to go tomorrow on my day off to watch non-league Burnham Ramblers as its the next town along from where I am.

They play in the Ryman premier league, not sure what the standard is like but looking forward to it nonetheless!

Rothes v Nairn for me next Saturday in the Highland League. Not been to a game as a neutral since December and I have been missing the enjoyment of a day out somewhere new. Rothes are currently bottom of the table and Nairn are midtable so I'm not expecting a classic match but will be expecting a comfortable Nairn win. I did see Rothes play Banks O' Dee in a pre-season friendly at Spain Park a few years ago and it was a terrible game even for a friendly. I was further annoyed to discover when I got home that Cove had been playing Dundee just up the road. Somehow despite checking the local fixtures I hadn't spotted it!

after all that,im off to Krakow instead. Cracovia are at home that weekend(14th march) so ill be going to that but anyone know anything about the local footy scene there eg wee teams etc

I'm going to the Wisla game tomorrow against Zawisza Bydgoszcz, also thinking of taking in the Krakow derby in 2 weeks time (I think), Have you already got a ticket for the game? If not then you should get it in advance. For Wisla you need to get a supporters card and I imagine it would be the same at Cracovia. It doesn't take long, but can imagine it would be a hassle on the matchday.

As for the football scene in Krakow, Wisla are definitely the bigger team at the moment, but the difference isn't huge at the minute. Cracovia aren't doing too well in the league just now, but I think they drew with Lech Poznan a couple of weeks ago and look like they have a decent chance in the game you're going to.

Rothes v Nairn for me next Saturday in the Highland League. Not been to a game as a neutral since December and I have been missing the enjoyment of a day out somewhere new. Rothes are currently bottom of the table and Nairn are midtable so I'm not expecting a classic match but will be expecting a comfortable Nairn win. I did see Rothes play Banks O' Dee in a pre-season friendly at Spain Park a few years ago and it was a terrible game even for a friendly. I was further annoyed to discover when I got home that Cove had been playing Dundee just up the road. Somehow despite checking the local fixtures I hadn't spotted it!

Got on the train at noon to head up to Elgin where I could then catch a bus to Rothes. Got as far as Dyce, sat there for 10 minutes and then the train got cancelled so back to Aberdeen it went :thumbsdown

Edit: Saw it finished 9-0 to Nairn, would have liked to have seen a goalfest today Scotrail b*****ds.

Edited by NorthernLights

Took in Aarau v St Gallen yesterday. Finished 2-0 to the visitors. Aarau are almost hilariously bad this season.

Watched them last week away to FC Zürich, one of the forwards missed an open goal from about 5 yards out. Yesterday the same guy missed a similar chance but from about 3 yards out. St Gallens first goal was the sort of defending and goalkeeping which puts you in mind of Hibs.

Relegation beckons for Aarau, but on the bright side it means if I keep following them next season I'll get to see all sorts of backwaters of Swiss football.