Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

6 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I saw your can of R. White’s lemonade and their wee advertising jingle of my childhood came back into my head.  You’ve made me google this now…

Ah, before my time I'm afraid. 

DFB Pokal 1st round.

VfV 06 Hildesheim (Tier 5) v SV 07 Elversberg (Tier 2), at a driech Friedrich-Ebert Stadion.

47 years since Hildesheim played in the DFB-Pokal. Their participation this season being courtesy of winning the amateur section of the Lower Saxony cup.

Home team started off well enough and had a good few chances in the 1st 10-15 minutes. Elversberg took the lead shortly thereafter, and over the piece the gap in league status between the 2 teams became more & more noticable. 0-3 at half-time, 0-7 at full-time.

Was late getting in, so unable to get a side on spot, resulting in a fairly sh!te view from behind the goals.

5186 in attendance, including just over a hardy 100+ from Elversberg (fair going considering the k/o time and distance).

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_7992.jpg

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

DFB Pokal 1st round.

VfV 06 Hildesheim (Tier 5) v SV 07 Elversberg (Tier 2), at a driech Friedrich-Ebert Stadion.

IMG_7989.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

Central Park in Cowdenbeath with schnitzel tbh.

Even 'half & half' grandstand.

Rushall Olympic visiting The Walks this evening. 

7.45ko.

Edited by Trackdaybob
I'm an idiot.

50 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Rushall Olympic? Saw them at Blyth earlier in the year. Nice folk from the Walsall area 

Ah yes, Olympic, not Athletic :rolleyes:

Edited. 

To add to my earlier post, Truro City ran out deserved winners 1-2. Just had a mental few days. Gig at PRZYM on Thursday, beers and Sichuanese in Westminster on Friday, haircut and beard trim before match on Saturday, All Points East Festival at Victoria Park in London; 46 years after The Clash played Rock Against Racism.

APE apparently a conduit for the LGBTQ plus community.....I'm just happy to see girls with guitars.....

Probably watch Farnborough Town in the months looking forward. And, Maidstone United is a cracking little club, if anyone is nearby. (Although, in my view, the town is a bit of a dump.....)

Kings Lynn Town 2-1 Rushall Olympic 

Att: 1070

QWjSMQD.jpeg

Hard fought game. Lynn maybe just shading it against a dogged Rushall team. Game stopped in the second half for 15 minutes with a bad injury to Kian Ronan who was stretched off after lengthy treatment. Wish him a speedy recovery. 

Big win tonight for Lynn after Saturdays defeat. Two games over bank holiday weekend. I may pop along on Monday. 

Edited by Trackdaybob

Tranent 0 Albion Rovers 2.

First time I’ve seen Albion Rovers as a non-league team. A team many have a soft spot for, including myself. In my case, my first childhood home was just along the road from Cliftonhill, a few Van der Ark’s along the road in Baillieston.

Sadly for me, my Dad’s work took him to the far east (Edinburgh) before I was much into my school years, and Cliftonhill became a forgotten treasure. They always seemed to give the Spiders a bit of a doing when I saw them play over the years.

I was at Cliftonhill last on the awkward day when Bongo Rose came to town and effectively relegated Rovers.  I think many at Bonnyrigg must now have some form of survivor’s guilt seeing how they’ve failed to kick-on since. That Rovers team battered Bonnyrigg at least twice that season, but not on the important day alas, and so they find themselves down in the league of shame.

Anyway, a measure of revenge could be taken here at Tranent tonight, where at least four ex-Bonnyrigg players could be sighted for the home team. (I also saw Lee Currie at Aldi this week, but that’s not relevant.)

Rovers reasonably comfortably won this game, two early goals and a solid defensive display. 

Two wins on the road for Rovers this week, ten goals, and collecting points from a team many would tip to finish high up the Lowland League table makes for a pretty impressive week’s work for Rovers.

Great to see them doing well, and not just sinking into the abyss.

IMG_2283.jpeg

IMG_2288.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Tranent 0 Albion Rovers 2.

First time I’ve seen Albion Rovers as a non-league team. A team many have a soft spot for, including myself. In my case, my first childhood home was just along the road from Cliftonhill, a few Van der Ark’s along the road in Baillieston.

Sadly for me, my Dad’s work took him to the far east (Edinburgh) before I was much into my school years, and Cliftonhill became a forgotten treasure. They always seemed to give the Spiders a bit of a doing when I saw them play over the years.

I was at Cliftonhill last on the awkward day when Bongo Rose came to town and effectively relegated Rovers.  I think many at Bonnyrigg must now have some form of survivor’s guilt seeing how they’ve failed to kick-on since. That Rovers team battered Bonnyrigg at least twice that season, but not on the important day alas, and so they find themselves down in the league of shame.

Anyway, a measure of revenge could be taken here at Tranent tonight, where at least four ex-Bonnyrigg players could be sighted for the home team. (I also saw Lee Currie at Aldi this week, but that’s not relevant.)

Rovers reasonably comfortably won this game, two early goals and a solid defensive display. 

Two wins on the road for Rovers this week, ten goals, and collecting points from a team many would tip to finish high up the Lowland League table makes for a pretty impressive week’s work for Rovers.

Great to see them doing well, and not just sinking into the abyss.

IMG_2283.jpeg

IMG_2288.jpeg

Did Tranent have a shot on target tonight? Me and a mate weren't so sure...

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Did Tranent have a shot on target tonight? Me and a mate weren't so sure...

I’ve been thinking, and the answer is yes! First half, Gray (ex Bonnyrigg) cut in from right wing and hit a shot straight at the keeper. That was about that.