Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Just scored hospitality at tonight's Basel v Vaduz game. Mate runs a couple of pubs and the brewery they have bunged him an exec suite at the last minute, presumably as someone else has pulled out. Free food, free bevvy and free football.

On 19.11.2016 at 13:48, Ross. said:

Just scored hospitality at tonight's Basel v Vaduz game. Mate runs a couple of pubs and the brewery they have bunged him an exec suite at the last minute, presumably as someone else has pulled out. Free food, free bevvy and free football.

Finished 6-0 to Basel, could have been twice that. 3 course meal(Closer to 10 courses if you count the number of deserts I went through), several glasses of wine and a near constant supply of Feldschlossen. The hospitality set up there is absolutely top class, as were some of the wags. Suffered a little yesterday but well worth it. Not sure I would pay for it myself mind you, can only imagine the cost.

I met some American lassie when I was drunk about a year ago in Camden. She seemed nice and I thought I was in there and she added me on Facebook to head out another night but I never bothered my arse because her London activities were all boring AF. Hardly spoke to her online either but she messaged me a coupla week ago to say she was coming back to London and really wanted to go to a game.

I think she was expecting West Ham v Chelsea or Arsenal v Man U or something because she looked particularly unimpressed to be taken to Wealdstone v Bath City.

I had a great time tho'.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I met some American lassie when I was drunk about a year ago in Camden. She seemed nice and I thought I was in there and she added me on Facebook to head out another night but I never bothered my arse because her London activities were all boring AF. Hardly spoke to her online either but she messaged me a coupla week ago to say she was coming back to London and really wanted to go to a game.

I think she was expecting West Ham v Chelsea or Arsenal v Man U or something because she looked particularly unimpressed to be taken to Wealdstone v Bath City.

I had a great time tho'.

Did you Raider?

Went to Newcastle for the Blackburn game yesterday. Was a dreadful game but I enjoyed the day out anyway. 

Newcastle were really poor - Benitez put out a weird team and didn't change it until it was far too late, Matt Ritchie had an absolute mare and Perez was anonymous. 

Blackburn won despite being absolutely dreadful. Was really surprised how poor they were. Some great trolling of the home support by the Blackburn keeper who was blatantly time-wasting from about the 60th minute on. However it was bizarre that the ref let him away with it for so long to be honest. 

Would also like to see a replay of an incident in the first half where a Blackburn player made what looked to me like the most blatant backpass you'll ever see and the ref did nothing. Wondering if I missed something or if he had a mare. 

Finished 6-0 to Basel, could have been twice that. 3 course meal(Closer to 10 courses if you count the number of deserts I went through), several glasses of wine and a near constant supply of Feldschlossen. The hospitality set up there is absolutely top class, as were some of the wags. Suffered a little yesterday but well worth it. Not sure I would pay for it myself mind you, can only imagine the cost.

Have been to Basel a few times and the set up is excellent. Hopefully not too long before I see them again. Love the city as well.

Was it easy to get tickets bud  ?

I've just about had enough of Mr.Strachan and his piss taking so thinking of taking in  random champions league games in the future instead. 

Sorry for the late reply. Aye, it was very easy getting tickets. They rarely sell out and we could even print our own tickets straight from their web page. Cracking day away, and if you're looking for cheap but excellent digs, I can recommend a hostel called "The Hat". Bang in the middle of everything.

On 20/11/2016 at 14:52, Marr1 said:

A few mates and I are doing a mini-Aberdeen ground hop next weekend

Aberdeen Uni vs Glentanar on Friday Night, before one Saturday Junior match at 1-30 and Cove vs Inverurie at 6pm (being played at Spain Park)

Aberdeen Uni match was postponed

Went to Lewis United vs Sunnybank at Aberdeen Sports village
1-1, both goals coming in the 89th and 92nd minute. The face of the committee member at Sunnybank who was sitting next to me when Lewis equalised was fucking hilarious. Attendance - ~50. Exluding the 10 Aberdeen EE players who came and watched the 2nd half.

Cove Rangers 3-0 Inverurie LW

Cove dominant, Inverurie showed very little. They did play 65 mins with 10 men, Spain Park is a nice wee set-up,it'll be improved when BOD build the second terrace.

Attendance - ~250ish

Have been to Stevenage and Mansfield Town since my last update so now down to 2 Scottish and 18 English ones left to do of the 134. 

Still planned are Coventry (although that one is dependent on being able to get away from work in time). Did Mansfield last Tuesday after work and got away about 4 but Coventry is another 30 mins. Was a very late night but its done and out of the way, so don't mind doing the odd one this way.

Been to Liverpool with Sunderland this weekend and we have Burnley away on New Years Eve. I am not a big fan of NYE and we normally stay over at Sunderland away games, but being in Burnley on NYE does not appeal. Spoke to my mate at Liverpool and suggested driving down to Cheltenham the day before and taking in their evening match and having our beer and day out there, then stay over and just drive to Burnley then home. He was up for that so that will be another one knocked off. Still considering Cambridge v Coventry in the FA Cup next Sunday as well.

9 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Have been to Basel a few times and the set up is excellent. Hopefully not too long before I see them again. Love the city as well.

Not a massive fan of the city itself but it's probably my favourite stadium of the ones I have been to here. As you say, very well set up, easy enough to get too and from and holds an atmosphere very well despite not being the biggest of grounds in terms of capacity.

Went to the Aarau game on Saturday night. Lost 3-2 to Neuchatel. Winning 2-1 and fairly comfortable until the ref sent one of the Aarau defenders off for what looked to be absolutely nothing. Will wait until the highlights are out before slaughtering him too heavily. Conceded two very shite goals thereafter to lose it, and have dropped to fifth in the league after a very promising opening few games. Much beer was imbibed, which took the edge off the frustration at what happened on the park.

Not a massive fan of the city itself but it's probably my favourite stadium of the ones I have been to here. As you say, very well set up, easy enough to get too and from and holds an atmosphere very well despite not being the biggest of grounds in terms of capacity.

Went to the Aarau game on Saturday night. Lost 3-2 to Neuchatel. Winning 2-1 and fairly comfortable until the ref sent one of the Aarau defenders off for what looked to be absolutely nothing. Will wait until the highlights are out before slaughtering him too heavily. Conceded two very shite goals thereafter to lose it, and have dropped to fifth in the league after a very promising opening few games. Much beer was imbibed, which took the edge off the frustration at what happened on the park.

Am going to be in Basel for the start of Fasnacht next March, but have a week skiing at Zermatt before that. Checked the fixtures, and Young Boys are at home to Thun, the last week in Feb. Depending on when the fixtures are, I'll try and stop off at Bern on the way to Basel. This'll be my 4th Fasnacht and they always play the Basel games away from home that weekend. Tis a bit of a pain.

11 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Am going to be in Basel for the start of Fasnacht next March, but have a week skiing at Zermatt before that. Checked the fixtures, and Young Boys are at home to Thun, the last week in Feb. Depending on when the fixtures are, I'll try and stop off at Bern on the way to Basel. This'll be my 4th Fasnacht and they always play the Basel games away from home that weekend. Tis a bit of a pain.

If you're going from Zermatt to Basel by train I'm almost certain you will need to pass through Bern on the way so shouldn't be too far out of your way. Very easy to get to Wankdorf from Central Bern, also a very comfortable stadium to watch a game in, albeit a bit anodyne.

I assume the city probably ask for the fixtures to be set out that way, given the planning that goes into Fasnacht in Basel. The whole city pretty much stops for the week. I'm actually trying to get to Köln this year for their equivalent, couple of my colleagues are from that neck of the woods and we are looking at a 6 day piss up with a couple of German matches thrown in to get us out the pub for a few hours.

Have been to Stevenage and Mansfield Town since my last update so now down to 2 Scottish and 18 English ones left to do of the 134. 

Still planned are Coventry (although that one is dependent on being able to get away from work in time). Did Mansfield last Tuesday after work and got away about 4 but Coventry is another 30 mins. Was a very late night but its done and out of the way, so don't mind doing the odd one this way.

Been to Liverpool with Sunderland this weekend and we have Burnley away on New Years Eve. I am not a big fan of NYE and we normally stay over at Sunderland away games, but being in Burnley on NYE does not appeal. Spoke to my mate at Liverpool and suggested driving down to Cheltenham the day before and taking in their evening match and having our beer and day out there, then stay over and just drive to Burnley then home. He was up for that so that will be another one knocked off. Still considering Cambridge v Coventry in the FA Cup next Sunday as well.

Where's the friendliest ground you have visited?

If you're going from Zermatt to Basel by train I'm almost certain you will need to pass through Bern on the way so shouldn't be too far out of your way. Very easy to get to Wankdorf from Central Bern, also a very comfortable stadium to watch a game in, albeit a bit anodyne.

I assume the city probably ask for the fixtures to be set out that way, given the planning that goes into Fasnacht in Basel. The whole city pretty much stops for the week. I'm actually trying to get to Köln this year for their equivalent, couple of my colleagues are from that neck of the woods and we are looking at a 6 day piss up with a couple of German matches thrown in to get us out the pub for a few hours.

Yup, the train stops off at Bern on the way there and back. We've got the Swiss transfer pass, which allows us to stop off and continue our journey in the one day. You haven't any idea when the Swiss will be announcing the fixtures for the 2nd part of the season. Once that's been done, it'll give us a clearer idea of what game we'll see, and see if my missus will fancy it as well.
Didn't realise that Koln had something similar. Mind you, the whole of Germany & Switzerland are awash with local festivals.

14 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Yup, the train stops off at Bern on the way there and back. We've got the Swiss transfer pass, which allows us to stop off and continue our journey in the one day. You haven't any idea when the Swiss will be announcing the fixtures for the 2nd part of the season. Once that's been done, it'll give us a clearer idea of what game we'll see, and see if my missus will fancy it as well.
Didn't realise that Koln had something similar. Mind you, the whole of Germany & Switzerland are awash with local festivals.

Not sure when they decide which matches will be televised or not, though the general fixture list is available:

http://www.sfl.ch/superleague/matchcenter/

Generally you'll have 2 or 3 games on the Saturday then the remaining matches on the Sunday. Looking at the fixtures scheduled for the 4th of March the only I would rule out for TV coverage is the Lugano v Lausanne match, so any of the other 4 could be shifted to Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.