Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Has anyone been to Fc Koln? Looking to get over on the 10th of December for their game against Dortmund and was wondering if anyone could help out with some advice in anyway

You'll know the music to one of their songs anyway

On 19.9.2016 at 09:37, Ross. said:

Aarau v FC Zürich next Sunday. Probably be close to a sell out for what, even this early in the season, is a must win game for Aarau if they are to have any chance of promotion. I was hoping the game would be off the back of an FCZ Euro tie and they would be knackered, but they got lucky and only had to worry about a cup game against a part time side instead.

Finished 1-1. Aarau opened the scoring with what looked like a blatant foul on the keeper, who dropped the ball into his own net as a result. FCZ equalised in the last minute with the aid of a couple of deflections, a dodgy bounce and some shite goalkeeping. Probably a fair result over the 90 minutes. Sell out crowd, great atmosphere, weather was perfect for watching a game, just a pity Zürich scored that last minute goal to avoid their first league defeat of the season.

8 hours ago, Slacker said:

Just out of interest, how many stadiums have you visited in Switzerland, Ross?

Apart from Aarau I've managed Basel, Young Boys, Luzern, the Letzigrund(FCZ and Grasshoppers), St Gallen, Vaduz(Does Liechtenstein count?), Neuchatel, Wil, Winterthur and Schaffhausen. Not made it to any of the Italian area grounds yet, though Aarau are due to play Chiasso a few days after I get back from my holidays, so if any of the guys I usually go to the games with are heading down for that I will probably try to go as well.

On 25 September 2016 at 18:14, Diamond8 said:

Has anyone been to Fc Koln? Looking to get over on the 10th of December for their game against Dortmund and was wondering if anyone could help out with some advice in anyway

Was there on Sunday. What do you need to know?

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

Apart from Aarau I've managed Basel, Young Boys, Luzern, the Letzigrund(FCZ and Grasshoppers), St Gallen, Vaduz(Does Liechtenstein count?), Neuchatel, Wil, Winterthur and Schaffhausen. Not made it to any of the Italian area grounds yet, though Aarau are due to play Chiasso a few days after I get back from my holidays, so if any of the guys I usually go to the games with are heading down for that I will probably try to go as well.

I saw Luzern v Young Boys at the old Allmend. Great noisy home support. Every time there was an incident on the pitch you got showered in beer.

Edited by The Mantis
spelling

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I saw Luzern v Young Boys at the old Allmend. Great noisy home support. Every time there was an incident on the pitch you got showered in beer.

Unfortunately that one was shut down and the Swisspor Arena built in it's place before I moved here. The new place looks tremendous from the outside, but is mostly nothing special when you are in there, unless you are in the expensive seats. The crowds over here  haven't changed much by the sounds of it.

4 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Just got an email from the club itself and tickets sold out weeks ago. Was it easy to access from Dusseldorf?

Yeah, train took about 30 minutes and they're fairly regular. You can just get a tram to the ground.
You can get to Köln, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Mönchengladbach, Schalke all really easily from Düsseldorf, and you've got Duisburg, Essen, etc too.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Unfortunately that one was shut down and the Swisspor Arena built in it's place before I moved here. The new place looks tremendous from the outside, but is mostly nothing special when you are in there, unless you are in the expensive seats. The crowds over here  haven't changed much by the sounds of it.

I took a couple of photos (slides) so one day they'll get scanned and appear on my blog amongst all the other demolished places.

Edit - just checked and I took 6 digital ones as well, think I was using 2 cameras at the time, 2001.

Edited by The Mantis

Going to Man City V Everton on the 15th October, Burnley V Everton a week after. And hoping to get tickets for Tottenham Hotspur V CSKA Moscow at Wembley in December. 

It will be 1st viisits to Turf moor and the new Wembley.

Never went to Slovan Bratislava V Tatran Presov in the end as it started raining and was cold so the wife basically said Not a chance! 

Anyone got any experience of Dutch leagues? Looking to get tickets for Utrecht v Go Ahead Eagles on 15th October, looking online theres loads of tickets left but season ticket holders only sale just now. 

Anyone know if that changes closer to kick off or is it a case of only third party sellers? 

23 minutes ago, richDFC said:

Anyone got any experience of Dutch leagues? Looking to get tickets for Utrecht v Go Ahead Eagles on 15th October, looking online theres loads of tickets left but season ticket holders only sale just now. 

Anyone know if that changes closer to kick off or is it a case of only third party sellers? 

I think it depends on which club and which game.

I went to a couple of games earlier this year. We got tickets for a Feyenoord game direct from their website, but for Ajax we had to buy them from Viagogo. Prices weren't too extortionate for the resold seats, though we did pay around EUR 15 per ticket more than face value.

9 hours ago, bairnabeau said:

Off to Berlin to see Hertha play Hamburg this weekend. First game outside of Scotland so hopefully it'll be the first of many!

Enjoy. The Bundesliga is awesome. Beer on the terrace, reasonably priced tickets and singing for 90 minutes!