Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Enjoy the game tonight Mark. 

I usually pick up the central line heading into London from my in laws so wI'll be much easier than the old ground. 

I'm down for the Liverpool game at Wembley on Saturday wish I'd noticed the West Ham v Juventus game on Sunday earlier it's sold out :( 

Missing the trip to Hawick for a wee game at Wembley:P

5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Enjoy the game tonight Mark. 

I usually pick up the central line heading into London from my in laws so wI'll be much easier than the old ground. 

I'm down for the Liverpool game at Wembley on Saturday wish I'd noticed the West Ham v Juventus game on Sunday earlier it's sold out :( 

Was a decent night, atmosphere was pretty good, and the locals seemed to like the new stadium. Guy next to me was a season ticket holder who admitted he had nearly given it up, but is now fully on board with the move.

Getting out of the stadium itself was simple enough, with loads of space in the Olympic Park to move about. Queue for the tube was quite slow, but no worse than Hampden, Murrayfield or Wembley. Train was fairly quiet, but again it will be interesting to see how they go on a normal Saturday/Sunday in London.

West Ham looked decent but not great, especially without Payet, but the new Norwegian Nordveidt looked a tidy player, and Feghouli looks a threat, and scored the third. First time I've seen Noble in the flesh- classic British midfielder. Lots of huff and puff, decent tackler, but gives the ball away a lot without getting the same stick from the fans as others. Andy Carroll spent the game being wound up by the two hoofball centre halves, and just being generally shite.

Went to Aresenal Ladies v Notts County Cup QF at the Hive last night. I'd been to Underhill but the first time at Barnets new ground. Two good women's sides with Arsenal coming from 2-1 down to win 3-2 with a last minute penalty. 

I was at Starthspey Thistle v Buckie Thistle.  It was a long day out with a train to Inverness then another to Aviemore before catching a bus to Grantown-on-Spey.  I left Aberdeen at 8:20am and wasn't back until 11:45pm.

Their ground is very basic.  The whole thing is enclosed by a big steel barrier, a few cabins for facilities and a very small stand.  Goals were not in short supply as Buckie ran out 9-2 winners.  I think its probably the highest scoring senior game I've been to.  There was a good turn out from the Buckie fans as well.

CpLiG3VXYAE59ls.jpg

Hit the FA Cup trail early this afternoon with Sporting Bengal United v Ipswich Wanderers. Played at Wadham a stones throw from Walthamstow dog track. 

0-0 draw with the woodwork rattled at both ends but the Sporting should have won. Replay on Tuesday. 

Not a completely random match, as such, but went to Man City v Sunderland yesterday.

The Etihad is a cracking stadium but the atmosphere was terrible. If the Sunderland fans weren't there the place would have been silent. There was also a fair amount of empty seats and I expected more to be going on given it was Guardiola's first game.

Not a completely random match, as such, but went to Man City v Sunderland yesterday.

The Etihad is a cracking stadium but the atmosphere was terrible. If the Sunderland fans weren't there the place would have been silent. There was also a fair amount of empty seats and I expected more to be going on given it was Guardiola's first game.

This is because Manchester City are an absolute nothing club with a pathetic fan base who got lucky with obscene amounts of money thrown at them by corrupt foreigners. Best league in the world though:

Going on holiday to New York on Thursday and got tickets for New York City against LA Galaxy at Yankee Stadium this Saturday.

All past their best but Pirlo, Lampard, Gerrard & David Villa in one game… Absolutely buzzing for it :thumsup2

hoping to head down to Edinburgh for Scotland-Macedonia u21s on 2nd September,overnight bus to London for Wimbledon-chesterfield 3rd then gilingham-sheffield utd on sunday before flying home that night,should be hectic.dreading the bus journey though done worse

At Gillingham hit up Rainhem End for atmosphere or upper Medway for good views. If you ignore the shitty temporary away stand it's a cracking small ground. The club is literally the only good thing about an otherwise horrendous town.

25 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

At Gillingham hit up Rainhem End for atmosphere or upper Medway for good views. If you ignore the shitty temporary away stand it's a cracking small ground. The club is literally the only good thing about an otherwise horrendous town.

blades are my English team so unfortunately its that away stand for me:-(