Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Man city / West ham this sunday. Another EPL to tick off list. Expecting a lovely looking ground pish with no atmosphere. £30 ticket price really good compared to previous prices paid over last few seaaons.....

That's pretty good, I was there 2 years ago, Liverpool midweek with Rab B Nesbit. £55 to get in. Mind you it'll still be £4 or maybe more now, for some bowfing cold fizzy John Smiths in a  flimsy plastic glass, and £6 for a hot dog at the vans outside. 

What amused me was, I got a beer just before half time to beat the crowds, and I got ticked off for putting my foot in the hatched area where you could see part of the pitch. Good stadium though. Best song of the night, to Sloop John B, was the City fans singing "You've seen the champions, now f**k off back home" :lol:

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Been off this thread for ages - doon to Wigan v QPR in the overrated-to-f**k Championship tomorrow though. Anywhere recommended for a beer, etc in the vicinity?

Inside the DW, great stadium. Though there is a pub outside the main stand IIRC

I saw this gem on Ciftci's debut:

Edited by Marr1

1 minute ago, Marr1 said:

Inside the DW, great stadium. Though there is a pub outside the main stand IIRC

I saw this gem on his debut:

Ah big Nadir. He actually looked a player at one time.

Cheers we'll probably have a few up at the ground if there's a bar there. 

Wigan v QPR. It's early in the season but I don't expect to see a worse match than that shitfest between now and the trophies being handed out in May.

Great match day experience as always at English grounds but the standard of the lower league football is far below what they'd have you believe.

five rapid to the jaw of the Scots that bum this shit up at the expense of the Scottish game should be mandatory.

After the Spurs Liverpool game yesterday headed to White Hart Lane to Brimsdown 5 Bedford 1. This game in the Spartan South Midlands 1st Division was played a Haringey Boroughs Coles Park Stadium which has recently had a new 3G pitch laid. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

9 hours ago, yogisbairns said:

Booked flights for Madrid in November to go and see Athletico v PSV in the Champions League. Fly in on the Wed, fly home on Thurs. £61 return.

I've a week off after a nightshift in late November,am planning catching an English lower league game midweek then go somewhere for CL or EL game weds/Thurs& some continental league games over the weekend.as you can see,very much a plan in progress!I'll eventually get there.slowly.

I've a week off after a nightshift in late November,am planning catching an English lower league game midweek then go somewhere for CL or EL game weds/Thurs& some continental league games over the weekend.as you can see,very much a plan in progress!I'll eventually get there.slowly.

Feel free to join me in Madrid if you fancy.

Has anyone been to matches in Belgium? I've a week off work in December and was looking to go over to see either Anderlecht or Club Brugge or even someone else. Noticed from their website that Anderlecht say you need an Identity card (is passport enough?) Or do you have to by some sort of membership? 

Edit. 'Buy'

Edited by atfccfc

7 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Has anyone been to matches in Belgium? I've a week off work in December and was looking to go over to see either Anderlecht or Club Brugge or even someone else. Noticed from their website that Anderlecht say you need an Identity card (is passport enough?) Or do you have to by some sort of membership? 

Edit. 'Buy'

Friend of mine went to an Anderlecht game last year and IIRC bought the tickets on the day of the game, no hassle. Decent seats too. Might just depend on who they're playing.

I went to Formartine against Forres Mechanics at North Lodge Park today.

Was quite a good game and both sides gave their all in a 2-2 draw, even if the quality wasn't very high.

Forres were quite well organized and were 2 up after half an hour, with a couple of decent goals. It was the siege of the Alamo in the second half and Formartine did enough to earn the draw. They didn't really convince as title challengers; too disjointed, for a side chock full of ex-pros, and not very imaginative in their attacking play.

Attendance was 140-150. It's a strange wee place. You get the feeling that the ground could be dismantled overnight, and no one would really notice.