Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

On the way back from City v West Bromwich. Not a great match day experience. Lots of queueing. Not a very good atmosphere inside, but I've been I suppose. Not sure I liked Manchester City centre that much either.

Should have headed down Canal Street Sarge, more your scene.

I'm really Jealous 

Hope you enjoy it!

I'm taking in a North Fife derby on Wednesday Night.

St Andrews vs Tayport

Wanted to go to a game at De Kuip for years. Looking forward to that one. Ajax I'm not particularly bothered about to be honest, but we're there for the weekend and the game is on so why not. Just not sure if I'll be fit for the early kick off on a Sunday afternoon...

Is it easy enough getting tickets for games in Holland?

I'm over in Amsterdam in October and wouldn't mind taking a game in.

We got tickets for both via the club websites. Ajax game sold out about 6 weeks in advance but there are still a load up for sale on Viagogo* if you don't mind paying a little more than face value**.

*Other ticket resale merchants are available.

**Feel robbed but still paid about the same as I would to attend a top flight game in Scotland.

We got tickets for both via the club websites. Ajax game sold out about 6 weeks in advance but there are still a load up for sale on Viagogo* if you don't mind paying a little more than face value**.

*Other ticket resale merchants are available.

**Feel robbed but still paid about the same as I would to attend a top flight game in Scotland.

cheers, I'd probably just bite the bullet and pay extra if necessary seeing as it's a one-off.

I'm unlikely to feel too ripped off- having a lifetime of attending Scottish football behind me, I'm conditioned to hand over generous sums of money in exchange for shite.

cheers, I'd probably just bite the bullet and pay extra if necessary seeing as it's a one-off.

I'm unlikely to feel too ripped off- having a lifetime of attending Scottish football behind me, I'm conditioned to hand over generous sums of money in exchange for shite.

If you get in early enough you can pick up tickets for the Ajax games from 12-30 Euros via this bit of their website. Had a look on Viagogo towards the end of last week as we needed a spare and there were plenty going for 40-50 Euros, with a few in the away end a little bit cheaper.

Brighton 5 Fulham 0.

The stadium looks quite unwhelming from the outside, but it's not a bad place at all. I was 2nd row from the back in the West Stand, in 'the heavens' as it were. Cracking view. Pain in the arse to get there, mind; queueing at Brighton station for an hour for the 8min journey to Falmer. Wasn't so bad coming back.

The game itself was dull until the penalty - clearcut enough - on 28 mins, the home side offering nothing to that point. Fulham fell apart after the 3rd, and it could've been anything from then on.

Feyenoord v Groningen on Saturday and Ajax v Utrecht on Sunday. Looking forward to both.

Both games finished all square, 1-1 in Rotterdam and 2-2 in Amsterdam. Both games also lacked in quality, very little in terms of good play though Utrecht's second and Ajax' first goal were both screamers.

Impressed at how well both stadiums generate and retain noise. Despite not much happening on the park and the fans being relatively subdued, they still made a hell of a racket.

Highlight of the Feyenoord game was seeing some boy almost get his head kicked in for being stupid enough to applaud the Groningen goal while sitting in the home end.

Been to three games in Norway in the last week: Haugesund 2-2 Lillestrom, Bergen 2-0 Sogndal, and Haugesund 3-1 Staebek. Billy McKinlay was in the away dugout tonight looking a bit miffed with his team's defeat by Haugesund. Decent games and good atmosphere, Haugesund have a nice wee modern terrace at one end so that's where I go - cheaper than a seat and it's nice to stand at the fitba for a change.

A couple of weeks I got to Robur Siena v Teramo on the Saturday and the Tuscan Derby, Empoli v Fiorentina on the Sunday. Atmosphere at Siena was a bit poor given they've done a Rangers and are working their way up through the seaside leagues again, but Empoli v Fiorentina was brilliant. Went in the home end and it was fantastic, drinking beer in 25 degree heat watching a smashing game. 

Siena's main stand

12963728_10153760428554143_8738699594858

Siena's other stand (big flag tactic stolen from Celtic?)

12718214_10153760433044143_5898875779716

Empoli

12974365_10153762126099143_8735635379010

Was at Garforth v. Tadcaster earlier, finished 0-1. Leaves Tad 4 points clear at the top, with 2 games to go. Nice wee park with a fairly big stand for NECL. Cold doesn't do the temperature any justice and the wind would have halved you in two.

ETA crowd given as 337, thought it would have been nearer 500.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson