Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Was at Fulham v Hull a few weeks ago. Awful game and terrible atmosphere, Craven Cottage (or certainly the section we were in) is what I imagine going to football was like in the 1950's, was half expecting some c**t to pull out a cracker whistle.

One of the highlights of visits to Craven Cottage is trying to watch anyone who is particularly overweight trying to get in. The away end at least has the narrowest turnstiles of any ground I've ever been to.

Heading to Neuchatel tonight to watch Aarau. Results over the weekend put them back to bottom of the table, but a win tonight puts them 3 points off 4th place...

Edited by Ross.

Heading to Neuchatel tonight to watch Aarau. Results over the weekend put them back to bottom of the table, but a win tonight puts them 3 points off 4th place...

Finished 0-0. Moves Aarau from bottom to 3rd bottom of the league.

Neuchatel have a rather strange stadium. From the outside it looks massive, you need to walk up a couple of flights of stairs to get into the seating, then when you walk out towards the park you walk out at ground level and the whole thing looks much fucking smaller than expected. The picture below gives an idea, with the entrance being on the street beside the black portacabin at the bottom and the pitch being level with the grey concourse behind that metal fence that starts 20 odd foot above.

1292766508-1.jpeg

Quick question. Anyone been to a game at Ajax? Aware you can't buy match tickets on their own in the UK but what about when you're there?

They sell match packages for each game. They vary in price depending on opponent. About 60 to 100 if memory For that you get ticket, Scarf, hat and programme. Think when you are there it would be hard to get tickets. For Feyenoord and Vitesse Arnham you can buy online and email club respectively.

Edited by atfccfc

I don't understand what difference it makes anyway? Surely 80,000 odd fans singing is 80,000 fans singing? Unless Simon Cowell is in the crowd can it really be critiqued as genuine or artificial? :lol:

The atmosphere at PSG was superb it has to be said. 46,000 in attendance and they sang for the majority of the game. They did sing one song at one point that sent the Angers fans nuts. Like really mad :lol:

Sorry Fudge but that post is complete and utter nonsense. Was at Dortmund v Ingolstadt barely a month ago. The atmosphere was absolutely brilliant and probably the stand-out feature of the day as the game itself wasn't the best. Nothing artificial or forced about it at all. Just 80,000 or so Germans drinking beer and cheering on their team.

Can be like that here at times. Only thing I struggle with is that the atmosphere quite often bears no relation to whats happening on the park. It's good and fucking strange at the same time.

Man United!

Surely won't manage a ticket for that? Or will the Europa league still struggle to sell out?

Be tough Paul as suddenly now everyone can make it. Can get away from work, take a day off, Great Granny's 150th birthday party is cancelled etc.

There will definitely be no general sale now.

Be tough Paul as suddenly now everyone can make it. Can get away from work, take a day off, Great Granny's 150th birthday party is cancelled etc.

There will definitely be no general sale now.

Yeah thought as much. Disappointed at that. Was looking forward to it as well

/Up in the Heavens there I see.

On a serious note, how is it viewing a match from the third tier of a ground?

Tbh it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. That seat was €70 euros worth face value, it wouldn't bother me again sitting there again.

Edited by Waspy

Was at Fulham v Hull a few weeks ago. Awful game and terrible atmosphere, Craven Cottage (or certainly the section we were in) is what I imagine going to football was like in the 1950's, was half expecting some c**t to pull out a cracker whistle.

Going to Manchester next weekend for the Quigg v Frampton fight, so managed to get tickets for Man U v Arsenal on the Sunday, hopefully be a decent game.

Was a cracking game and our seats were in the Stretford End so the atmosphere was pretty good as well. We were pretty high up, but still had an excellent view. Took a couple of photos near the start while it was still 0-0, obviously got a wee bit rowdier after Man U scored. Really glad we got the tickets, was one hell of a weekend.post-30544-14567631162677_thumb.jpg

post-30544-14567630106912_thumb.jpg