Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Was a cracking game and our seats were in the Stretford End so the atmosphere was pretty good as well. We were pretty high up, but still had an excellent view. Took a couple of photos near the start while it was still 0-0, obviously got a wee bit rowdier after Man U scored. Really glad we got the tickets, was one hell of a weekend.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456763115.325889.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1456763009.653698.jpg

OTs a great stadium, perfect mix of being really quite modern but still with plenty of character.

Not sure that I should add to this thread now as I watch Aarau on a regular enough basis that I can't say the matches are random. Anyway, away to Schaffhausen on Sunday. Another 3 points will likely move them to 4th in the league, which isn't bad considering it's only 2 games since they were bottom.

Being a Blackburn fan I would obviously say that but more for the drinking den options than the actual game :lol: Although you get a really good view of the game from practically anywhere in the ground. £1.99 a pint in the town centre although about £3 nearer the ground.

Only been to Blackburn and Preston in that area so can't really judge anywhere else. All the other sides in L1/2 from that area seem to be having pretty poor seasons except Accrington so they might be worth a shot.

Go to Burnley. They are playing some good stuff at present and look to be heading for promotion. I think I'm going to see them play against Blackburn tomorrow.

Finding out that all those diddy no-mark towns like Rochdale have their own, even diddier town rivals in the depths of the pyramid is always an eye-opener. Two teams fighting it out to be the best in Runcorn really tops the bald men and a comb analogy.

It's like when you first discover that Forfar sustains more than just one laughable pub team in the village at the same time. Truly bizarre.

Paderborn v Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2 yesterday. An enjoyable 1-1 draw in front of just under 8,000. Paderborn dominated and scored early on but never looked sound at the back so no-one was surprised when Furth got a late equaliser. 37 euros for a seat and 2.50 for a bratwurst.

The ground's miles from the station but they put on a ton of shuttle buses.

A newish stadium with seats on both sides and standing behind each goal. Cramped and cheaply built. Who still builds stands with pillars blocking the view?

I live in Padiham and go to some of the games. They got relegated to this league last year and aren't fairing too well this time round either.

I should get to some NW non league games next season. In the meantime I've got a Northern League extravaganza of 3 games in as many nights in a couple of weeks, then City v WBA next month. That was a present and it's a 5.30 ko, I might try to squeeze in Abbey Hey at 3.

Not sure that I should add to this thread now as I watch Aarau on a regular enough basis that I can't say the matches are random. Anyway, away to Schaffhausen on Sunday. Another 3 points will likely move them to 4th in the league, which isn't bad considering it's only 2 games since they were bottom.

Won 3-1 and have moved up to the heady heights of 5th in the league. 7 games undefeated in the league, and scored 3 in a league game for the first time in around 2 and a half years. Shame they were absolutely rotten in the first half of the season and have no chance of challenging for promotion.

Possibly the coldest I have ever been at a game of football yesterday. It was absolutely fucking freezing up there.

Paderborn v Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2 yesterday. An enjoyable 1-1 draw in front of just under 8,000. Paderborn dominated and scored early on but never looked sound at the back so no-one was surprised when Furth got a late equaliser. 37 euros for a seat and 2.50 for a bratwurst.

€37 seems quite a lot for a BL.2 game. Fortuna Düsseldorf was €12 in the stand or €15 seating, and Union Berlin was €12 in the away end. I guess they were relegated last season so using Bundesliga prices still but it's possible they're going to get relegated again this season.

Finding out that all those diddy no-mark towns like Rochdale have their own, even diddier town rivals in the depths of the pyramid is always an eye-opener. Two teams fighting it out to be the best in Runcorn really tops the bald men and a comb analogy.

It's like when you first discover that Forfar sustains more than just one laughable pub team in the village at the same time. Truly bizarre.

I was disappointed to miss this week's South Shields v North Shields derby. It's one of my ambitions to get to the Ossett derby as well.