Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Tickets bought for Aarau v Luzern in the Swiss Cup on the first of MArch. Quarter final and a derby match, with both sides having little else to play for now other than mid table obscurity in their respective leagues. Should be a good one.

Home at the end of the month, so hoping the Bankies game at Maryhill doesn't fall victim to the weather. Got a ticket for the Celtic v Hearts match on the Sunday as well and still hoping to get to a Bundesliga game in the near future but simply not had the time yet.

Winter break here is killing me, not been to a game in what feels much longer than the 4 weeks or so that it has been. Another 3 weeks I think before the league games restart here.

Since the Scottish winter break, I've made a couple of trips. Was at Sunderland - Burnley in the FA Cup recently which was absolutely dreadful, then went to Middlesbrough - Sheffield Wednesday which had a decent second half. Was at Preston - Brighton at the weekend, which I thought was a great game. Deepdale is a cracking ground and I would definitely go back. I was at the Fulham - Reading game in December (in which Fulham gave them an absolute doing) and my experiences of going to Championship games has been much better than that of the Premiership/FA Cup. 

Got Stirling Albion - Clyde on Saturday as part of my cousin's stag, then will probably go to FC Copenhagen - Horsens while I'm there in March, and will definitely be heading to Portimonense - Aves in April. Portimonense have become my "second team" of sorts since I first visited there about two years ago, and they were just above mid-table. They're now top of the league by a fair distance, and Aves are second as things stand, so should be a good game if things stay the way they are.

Tickets bought for Aarau v Luzern in the Swiss Cup on the first of MArch. Quarter final and a derby match, with both sides having little else to play for now other than mid table obscurity in their respective leagues. Should be a good one.
Home at the end of the month, so hoping the Bankies game at Maryhill doesn't fall victim to the weather. Got a ticket for the Celtic v Hearts match on the Sunday as well and still hoping to get to a Bundesliga game in the near future but simply not had the time yet.
Winter break here is killing me, not been to a game in what feels much longer than the 4 weeks or so that it has been. Another 3 weeks I think before the league games restart here.

I fancy that Maryhill away as well. One of my favourite grounds.

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I fancy that Maryhill away as well. One of my favourite grounds.

Aye, one of my favourites as well, especially in the junior game. The fact I can probably wheel my old man into the Social Club and out of the cold and sneak a couple of beers while we watch the game is an added bonus.

Aye, one of my favourites as well, especially in the junior game. The fact I can probably wheel my old man into the Social Club and out of the cold and sneak a couple of beers while we watch the game is an added bonus.

I've got a wheelchair in the cellar...

7 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

Hi hopefully estoril-academica in the Portuguese cup tonight

Good luck. Managed Cove Piedade 1 Benfica B 2, Benfica 3 Boavista 3 and Orientale 1 Loures 1 at the weekend. Couldn't be ersed going to Belenenses after that. 

Normally would be keener on the wee teams than the global brands but have to say the atmosphere at Benfica was terrific even when they went 3-0 down in 25 mins. 

16 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Good luck. Managed Cove Piedade 1 Benfica B 2, Benfica 3 Boavista 3 and Orientale 1 Loures 1 at the weekend. Couldn't be ersed going to Belenenses after that. 

Normally would be keener on the wee teams than the global brands but have to say the atmosphere at Benfica was terrific even when they went 3-0 down in 25 mins. 

Never made estoril unfortunately,issues with travel,benfica tonight though,oriental&belenenses last Sunday.watched in bars last night instead.Both games decent,wee upset from chaves for our enjoyment too

ANyone know the best/easiest way of getting tickets for Liverpool at Anfield (at a reasonable price)? Looking at going down for the Burnley game in March, but their website is a clusterfuck, and I don't fancy paying for membership just to get a ticket for one game.

Will now be Renfrew v Clydebank on Saturday rather than Maryhill. Never been to their new ground so I suppose that's one positive. Should be a decent walk from the Ferry too, more than a few drink stops in between.

Ticket bought for Roma V Cesena in the Coppa Italia QF. Treated myself to a posh'ish' seat in the Tribuna Monte Mario (half way up the main stand) for €25. 

For Napoli V Palermo I'm confident of getting one either in the Club shop at the main Rail Station or at an official ticket seller.

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 12:09, GrahamJags said:

ANyone know the best/easiest way of getting tickets for Liverpool at Anfield (at a reasonable price)? Looking at going down for the Burnley game in March, but their website is a clusterfuck, and I don't fancy paying for membership just to get a ticket for one game.

I looked at going to a game there. But this season it appears you need a Liverpool postcode to get a ticket on general sale. Maybe try through Burnley and go as an away fan. 

7 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

I looked at going to a game there. But this season it appears you need a Liverpool postcode to get a ticket on general sale. Maybe try through Burnley and go as an away fan. 

Good shout, although I expect that will sell out pretty quickly as well. Worth a shot though, cheers.

7 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Good shout, although I expect that will sell out pretty quickly as well. Worth a shot though, cheers.

That's worth a try Burnley might take the full 3000 but they are only £30 so you might need to be on their database or something. 

To get one in the home end you'd need to buy a membership and try to pick a ticket up in a late sale. That is FA Cup Quarter Final weekend and both are still in it so the game could get moved.