Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Lived here for 7 months and have yet to wander down the road to the Valley, so I'm going to Charlton v Millwall on Saturday. I've blackmailed the wife into coming with me as a late birthday present as well.

I'm hoping for a Josh Magennis hat-trick, while she's hoping to observe some violence from a safe distance.

Will be in Naples in 2 weeks. Napoli at home to Palermo. So hopeful of getting to that. I say hopeful. Because looking at the Listicket website it appears to get tickets for Napoli you need a fan card. Has anyone here been to a Napoli game? I'm wondering if I can get a ticket at the club shop in Napoli Centrale station or if there is a ticket office at the stadium. 

The Coppa Italia is also on. I'm hoping Roma get through their last 16 tie as they'll be at home to either Cesena or Sassuolo. Tickets for Roma games seem easier to obtain.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I thought that these days you had to have a fan card to get a ticket for all Serie A games (at least officially)? I have been to Naples a few times but never managed to see a game. @Allan Jacobsen might be the man to ask - he's certainly contributed a lot of good stuff on the Italian football thread?

1 hour ago, atfccfc said:

Will be in Naples in 2 weeks. Napoli at home to Palermo. So hopeful of getting to that. I say hopeful. Because looking at the Listicket website it appears to get tickets for Napoli you need a fan card. Has anyone here been to a Napoli game? I'm wondering if I can get a ticket at the club shop in Napoli Centrale station or if there is a ticket office at the stadium. 

The Coppa Italia is also on. I'm hoping Roma get through their last 16 tie as they'll be at home to either Cesena or Sassuolo. Tickets for Roma games seem easier to obtain.

Unfortunately I'm much the same as you. @Kris. might be a better shout despite being a Parma fan. Or @paul-r-cfc who I believe has been across to some Roma games recently (no accounting for taste) :P. However, I'm your man if you ever want to know about semi-pro/amateur Italian football. :lol:

In terms of tickets, as far as I am aware, 'officially' you need a fan card but you also need valid ID such as a passport etc to prove who you are. You've got sites like Viagogo, who are affiliated with the Football Italia wesbite, too where you can buy tickets. I would imagine that there would be a number of ticket touts about too. However, I can't give you a definite answer - you might be better asking the other two who I've tagged. Or I'm sure you could go on the official Facebook/Twitter page and ask?

Napoli-Palermo should be good. It's the derby delle Due Sicilie and both sets of supporters get on well. I like Palermo but I like Napoli better.

*edit* I remember there was a poster called @Zanetti who lived in Italy. He was well on top of things. Haven't seen him posting in a while so no idea if he still visits the site.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On 12/01/2017 at 19:28, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Lived here for 7 months and have yet to wander down the road to the Valley, so I'm going to Charlton v Millwall on Saturday. I've blackmailed the wife into coming with me as a late birthday present as well.

I'm hoping for a Josh Magennis hat-trick, while she's hoping to observe some violence from a safe distance.

They make you sign up to their fan database when you buy a ticket, so I'm now constantly getting spam emails about Charlton events after going once. Very annoying.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

They make you sign up to their fan database when you buy a ticket, so I'm now constantly getting spam emails about Charlton events after going once. Very annoying.

Most clubs do this. A quick click on the unsubscribe link hidden in the small print at the foot solves this without effecting you being registered as a previous ticket purchaser.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I thought that these days you had to have a fan card to get a ticket for all Serie A games (at least officially)? I have been to Naples a few times but never managed to see a game. @Allan Jacobsen might be the man to ask - he's certainly contributed a lot of good stuff on the Italian football thread?

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Unfortunately I'm much the same as you. @Kris. might be a better shout despite being a Parma fan. Or @paul-r-cfc who I believe has been across to some Roma games recently (no accounting for taste) :P. However, I'm your man if you ever want to know about semi-pro/amateur Italian football. :lol:

In terms of tickets, as far as I am aware, 'officially' you need a fan card but you also need valid ID such as a passport etc to prove who you are. You've got sites like Viagogo, who are affiliated with the Football Italia wesbite, too where you can buy tickets. I would imagine that there would be a number of ticket touts about too. However, I can't give you a definite answer - you might be better asking the other two who I've tagged. Or I'm sure you could go on the official Facebook/Twitter page and ask?

Napoli-Palermo should be good. It's the derby delle Due Sicilie and both sets of supporters get on well. I like Palermo but I like Napoli better.

*edit* I remember there was a poster called @Zanetti who lived in Italy. He was well on top of things. Haven't seen him posting in a while so no idea if he still visits the site.

Thanks for the response.

I noticed on Roma's site that you can just book tickets easily enough. And I've been to a few games in Italy (mainly Milan, Roma and Bologna) where its easy to book online or at ticket offices. But Napoli is the first time I've encountered the 'fan card' on online booking. I've always been aware of bringing your passport to games. 

As for Facebook. I went on Napoli's site and asked the question. The fans who answered said go to official ticket outlets in the city. 

Feb 8th BVB - Hertha Berlin - Last 16 eh the cup

Feb 10th - Fortuna Dusseldorf - Kaiserslautern - Bundesliga 2

Feb 11th - Leverkusen - Eintracht Frankfurt - Bundesliga

Was at Sunderland/Liverpool a few weeks ago which was not bad fare. The Victory boozer roond the corner fae the groond is some gaff had a meat raffle wiz class.

On 12/01/2017 at 19:28, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

0-0, and big Josh got injured after about 10 minutes :(

He was replaced by Tony Watt, who got very little service, and when he did receive the ball went to extreme (but understandable) lengths not to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

Atmosphere was good, and really ramped up in the second half when the both sets of fans became incensed at a pretty baffling refereeing performance. Highlights being him pulling play back for a Millwall free-kick, when a Millwall player was clean through, and stopping a promising Charlton counter-attack by accidentally shoulder-charging one of their midfielders as he was receiving a pass.

League 1 football though, dear God. I'm forever being told that the Scottish Premiership is sub-League 1 standard, but Aberdeen would annihilate both of these mid-table teams. Neither side had any players capable of any flair or creativity, and we were sitting next to two Dutch PSV fans, who spent the game p*ssing themselves laughing at the amount of time the ball spent soaring over the midfielders' heads.

2 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

0-0, and big Josh got injured after about 10 minutes :(

He was replaced by Tony Watt, who got very little service, and when he did receive the ball went to extreme (but understandable) lengths not to pass the ball to any of his teammates.

Atmosphere was good, and really ramped up in the second half when the both sets of fans became incensed at a pretty baffling refereeing performance. Highlights being him pulling play back for a Millwall free-kick, when a Millwall player was clean through, and stopping a promising Charlton counter-attack by accidentally shoulder-charging one of their midfielders as he was receiving a pass.

League 1 football though, dear God. I'm forever being told that the Scottish Premiership is sub-League 1 standard, but Aberdeen would annihilate both of these mid-table teams. Neither side had any players capable of any flair or creativity, and we were sitting next to two Dutch PSV fans, who spent the game p*ssing themselves laughing at the amount of time the ball spent soaring over the midfielders' heads.

I got the same impression when at Charlton vs MK Dons. Two teams of pretty dreadful quality, particularly the defenders who were absolute cloggers that just played a long ball every time they got it.

On 13/01/2017 at 23:21, atfccfc said:

Thanks for the response.

I noticed on Roma's site that you can just book tickets easily enough. And I've been to a few games in Italy (mainly Milan, Roma and Bologna) where its easy to book online or at ticket offices. But Napoli is the first time I've encountered the 'fan card' on online booking. I've always been aware of bringing your passport to games. 

As for Facebook. I went on Napoli's site and asked the question. The fans who answered said go to official ticket outlets in the city. 

Sorry, don't notice tags on my phone and just seen this.  Listickets is good for Roma but you'll need an italian postcode to register.  If you just stick a random one in along with your real address it will accept it and let you proceed.  I used my cousin's code but you can use a hotel one or anything really.  Google is your friend!

Failing that, you won't get an easier ground to find tickets for than the Olimpico right now tbh!  Plenty of fan shops, official and unofficial, around the city that sell them

I'm very much aiming to get to the last league game v genoa as it may be Totti's last game :(