Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

19 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Now, now. I've been known to go to West Allotment Celtic games. Stalybridge got postponed, so they remain on the Celtics to visit list with Farsley. Went Macclesfield who won 2-0. They now have Tranmere in the semi-final. Can't seem to upload phoaties.

Could never go to a club that is an extension of the bgiot brothers I'm afraid. 

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Went to Dunfermline 1 Queen of The South 1 last night. Far from s classic. Should have went to Berwick

IMG_3264.PNG

Rab, you're a bloody teacher!

18 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Could never go to a club that is an extension of the bgiot brothers I'm afraid. 

Rab, you're a bloody teacher!

They are nothing to do with either of them. It's Scottish self flattery that allows that perception. It's been established a thousand times over, no-one in England cares or wants anything to with them.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They are nothing to do with either of them. It's Scottish self flattery that allows that perception. It's been established a thousand times over, no-one in England cares or wants anything to with them.

Agreed the English don't want the bigot brothers to join their league set up but that doesn't mean that numerous decades ago there wasn't an Old Firm influence on local sides, especially given the number of Glaswegian and Irish workers in the industrial cities. Despite playing in blue Staleybridge were apparently named to attract 'Scottish' supporters to games, Stockport fans sing a version of The Sash and despite knowing nothing about West Allotment it's surely more than coincidence they are called Celtic and play in green and white hoops. 

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a debate about this. It was really just a throwaway line. Enjoy the City game.

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Agreed the English don't want the bigot brothers to join their league set up but that doesn't mean that numerous decades ago there wasn't an Old Firm influence on local sides, especially given the number of Glaswegian and Irish workers in the industrial cities. Despite playing in blue Staleybridge were apparently named to attract 'Scottish' supporters to games, Stockport fans sing a version of The Sash and despite knowing nothing about West Allotment it's surely more than coincidence they are called Celtic and play in green and white hoops. 

Anyway, I didn't mean to start a debate about this. It was really just a throwaway line. Enjoy the City game.

Fair enough, last post then. The clubs called Rangers or Celtic outwith Scotland might share origins, but the baggage has long gone.

City game wasn't very good. Atfc might share his thoughts.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Fair enough, last post then. The clubs called Rangers or Celtic outwith Scotland might share origins, but the baggage has long gone.

City game wasn't very good. Atfc might share his thoughts.

Yep it was awful, Stoke sat-in and played for a point, Man City were far too predictable in their attacks. Pep Guardiola teams usually move the ball much quicker going forward, but Man City's players wanted 3/4 or 5 touches just getting the ball under control. I am neutral and it was doing my head in! 

37 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Yep it was awful, Stoke sat-in and played for a point, Man City were far too predictable in their attacks. Pep Guardiola teams usually move the ball much quicker going forward, but Man City's players wanted 3/4 or 5 touches just getting the ball under control. I am neutral and it was doing my head in! 

City showed virtually no urgency, except for the last 5 minutes. I was going to leave at half time, it was that bad. The first half City held the ball, which suited Stoke because they didn't want it.

Booked some cheap train tickets to London there and want to see a game but think I'll be cutting it fine for catching  the train back up the road. 

Which (preferably non Premier League) clubs could you definately get to Euston Station by 18:15 on a Saturday from (about 1.5 hrs). 

In a normal place I wouldn't even ask but I know London can be a cahnt to get from a to b in . 

(My preference of venue is Millwall). 

Edited by Shanner

55 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Booked some cheap train tickets to London there and want to see a game but think I'll be cutting it fine for catching  the train back up the road. 

Which (preferably non Premier League) clubs could you definately get to Euston Station by 18:15 on a Saturday from (about 1.5 hrs). 

In a normal place I wouldn't even ask but I know London can be a cahnt to get from a to b in . 

(My preference of venue is Millwall). 

Should take about 30mins from south bermondsey tube sation to euston,change at london bridge.i was back in my hotel at 1730 just beside kings cross last november but i left 5 mins before the end of the match

You can walk to Arsenal in about 30mins from euston,basically they are all "do able" but at the prem teams there will be queues at the tube so thats your hindrance,if you know where your going ive always found walking to the next tube station is faster than queueing

Edited by doulikefish

44 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Should take about 30mins from south bermondsey tube sation to euston,change at london bridge.i was back in my hotel at 1730 just beside kings cross last november but i left 5 mins before the end of the match

You can walk to Arsenal in about 30mins from euston,basically they are all "do able" but at the prem teams there will be queues at the tube so thats your hindrance,if you know where your going ive always found walking to the next tube station is faster than queueing

Cheers, that's much better than I expected. 

Will be avoiding prem games like the plague anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Cheers, that's much better than I expected. 

Will be avoiding prem games like the plague anyway. 

Some cracking boozers down at fulham but putney bridge(nearest tube) is 15-20 mins walk away

9 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Some cracking boozers down at fulham but putney bridge(nearest tube) is 15-20 mins walk away

8 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Fulham is a great day out. 

Cheers troops will bear these comments in mind. Hadn't really considered Fulham but that sounds decent. 

Edited by Shanner

50 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Can't decide between Civil Service Strollers, Gala Fairydean, Bonnyrigg Rose and Preston Athletic. Anyone recommend any of them?

All good clubs worth a visit. Gala is a great set up and trip on the train. 

Get yourself to Lothian v Whitehill 3pm at Ainslie Park though :) 

On 11/03/2017 at 11:08, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Can't decide between Civil Service Strollers, Gala Fairydean, Bonnyrigg Rose and Preston Athletic. Anyone recommend any of them?

Far bigger game at Bonnyrigg this Saturday, it might even stop me travelling up for the Highland Derby. Surprised if you're a Lithgae fan and you need to ask though?

Managed a double header on Tuesday ... Hibs 0 Hamilton Accies 3 in the Development League at 4.30pm at Oriam followed by the Big One ... Cowdenbeath 1 Elgin City 1. 

Last night maybe not quite random but Dalbeattie Star 2 Whitehill Welfare 0 ... 

IMG_3485.PNG

Edited by Rab B Nesbit