Snooker

RedWeb

11 minutes ago, Al B said:

He absolutely hates The Crucible and playing in the venue. He doesn't think the W.C. should be played there and is an advocate (maybe the only one) of moving it somewhere else.

I haven't been there but watching on tv with the 2 table set up it all seems very tight and the random noise coming of either table at what is sometimes a crucial time does seem a bit tinpot for a world championship but it seems like it's a popular venue for most players and fans.

Allen through to the semis with a scrappy win over Jones.

20 minutes ago, keptie said:

I haven't been there but watching on tv with the 2 table set up it all seems very tight and the random noise coming of either table at what is sometimes a crucial time does seem a bit tinpot for a world championship but it seems like it's a popular venue for most players and fans.

Allen through to the semis with a scrappy win over Jones.

I did a block-release degree at Sheffield Hallam through my work and they put us up in the Novotel around the corner for 2 weeks out of every 5, for 2 years. The rear entrance to the hotel faced the entrance to the big Greenhouse building they do the punditry in. However small you think The Crucible looks on TV, when you walk in it actually takes your breath away a little bit how small it is. It has a proper vibe about it though, especially if you're a big fan of Snooker and watched all the classic matches growing up, you can literally feel every one of them as soon as you enter the place.

I only switched on about twenty minutes ago thinking the Brecel match might have a bit to go and decided to watch Higgins-Selby (mainly to find out the score) not realising that I missed watching O'Sullivan getting papped out. Delighted he's out and disappointed I missed it in equal measure. 

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Not as painful as watching Selby ponder around the table, scratching his head, pacing about to then play a safety.

Need Higgins to come back into this game big time. 

I love watching Selby play. Would like to see Higgins come back into it and be a tight finish, has the makings of a classic. 

Would like to see either of those two wins, but happy with any of the players left.

Well maybe I don't have to worry about O'Sullivan winning the semi-final with a session to spare after all! 😆

Anyone but the winner of the Higgins/Selby match for me now, please. I much prefer to see a new winner. At least we are guaranteed a new finalist whatever happens.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

On 24/04/2023 at 21:20, Bully Wee Villa said:

Pretty boring Second Round. Only one game close and no deciders.  Hopefully the quarters are better and, more importantly, the first semi-final is close as I have tickets to the final session. Concerned O'Sullivan will beat MacGill/Si about 17-6 and I won't see any snooker.

You won't have to worry about O'Sullivan pumping McGill  😁

And when you are there remember and switch your phone off, we don't want the camera panning on to you with your Clyde top on 😉