Snooker

RedWeb

On 28/04/2023 at 00:01, GiGi said:

I personally thought that was an excellent session.

People just hate Selby because he's inevitable. Never been a player like him, he's that good.

2nd best now, mate...

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can dislike Mark Selby. Great competitor and an outstanding sportsman. His reaction to his maximum yesterday and the way he played around with Allen the other day is something you rarely see in other sports. What he had to say after the final was lovely too. Can you imagine any footballer or football manager speaking about opposition like that?

Seems like a genuinely lovely man.

Great final too. 

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can dislike Mark Selby.

I'm just not a fan. Great sportsman as you say. I can admire him and his achievements. But I'm not a fan. Simples.

Selby would rather not lose than try to win.

It's not nice to watch but it's damned effective,  he likes to drag his opponent into and safety battle,  to demoralise  them , make them doubt whether they should go for shots or play safe,

If you get drawn into that side of the game, only the likes of Higgins and maybe Williams are savvy and cure enough to cope with it , Allem got drawn in a probably should haven't allowed himself to be

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

To finish with a century break too. Best man won. Did anybody notice who the miserable guy was when everyone was cheering. He was front row in background no even clapping :lol:

20230501_222607~2.jpg

Has Steve David invented time travel?

4 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Selby would rather not lose than try to win.

It's not nice to watch but it's damned effective,  he likes to drag his opponent into and safety battle,  to demoralise  them , make them doubt whether they should go for shots or play safe,

If you get drawn into that side of the game, only the likes of Higgins and maybe Williams are savvy and cure enough to cope with it , Allem got drawn in a probably should haven't allowed himself to be

What does that even mean? 🤔😒

Och I get that people don't like how he plays, which is fair enough, but some posters were on saying that they hated him and wanted him to lose. Weird behaviour.

Anyhow, Hazel Irvine with some solid birthday caird pish at the end. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Genuinely don't understand how anyone can dislike Mark Selby. Great competitor and an outstanding sportsman. His reaction to his maximum yesterday and the way he played around with Allen the other day is something you rarely see in other sports. What he had to say after the final was lovely too. Can you imagine any footballer or football manager speaking about opposition like that?

Seems like a genuinely lovely man.

Great final too. 

You are right. Where he loses the love is is playing style. He takes longer than other players and is more prone to safety play. Many fans prefer to see players taking more risks. 

Agree that he seems a genuinely nice guy. His words tonight were spot on. When Hazel Irvine is asking about the 147 and he said "Tonight is about Luca, not me" - a class act. 

He seems a nice enough bloke, nothing against him but I always like to see new winners. I wanted him to win in his first final against Higgins and when he won it for the first time against O'Sullivan. Wanted him to lose against Ding and Brecel once he had already won it as I prefer to see new champions. I don't think it's good for the game for the same faces to keep winning it, no matter how brilliant they are.

Anyway, what the f**k am I supposed to do with my life now the tournament is finished? We should really get an extra bank holiday to take the edge off.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa