Snooker

RedWeb

'Lucky' Stuart Bingham goes into the second half of this afternoon's session 12-9 up, currently outclassing yet another strong opponent. A lot will depend on his bottle going into the final strait seeing as he's been nowhere near this close to a World Championship title before, but on the evidence of his last three games and this match so far, I'd fancy him to win it from here. He's been the best player in the tournament til now and looks every bit a champion.

'Lucky' Stuart Bingham goes into the second half of this afternoon's session 12-9 up, currently outclassing yet another strong opponent. A lot will depend on his bottle going into the final strait seeing as he's been nowhere near this close to a World Championship title before, but on the evidence of his last three games and this match so far, I'd fancy him to win it from here. He's been the best player in the tournament til now and looks every bit a champion.

I'd agree with this, so unlucky not to get the 147 also.

Momentum has been everything in this final

The mini-session scores

Murphy 3-1 (Won first 3 frames)

Bingham 3-1 (4-4)

Murphy 4-0 (8-4)

Bingham 4-1 (9-8 Murphy)

Bingham 4-0 (12-9 Bingham)

If Bingham can have another dominant few frames now, he could have a pretty much unassailable lead by the end of this session.

14-11 going into the final session.

I hope Bingham wins it.

Me too. Clearly not the most naturally gifted player in the draw and must have worked especially hard to get where he is.

Expecting a shitfest.

Glad to tell you you were very wrong. An excellent final between undoubtedly the two best players in the championship this year.

Worthy winner too, well done to Stuart Bingham.

Usually I never get why people 'support' individuals at Sport (folk in the Olympics excepted) but I was rooting for Bingham from his match against Trump onwards. Got to love an underdog, especially one that's been at it for ages without that major win. :)

Every other final in the past I've never been fussed who wins. Enjoy just sitting back with a few beers and admiring the skill in a game where I'd just be happy to pot a ball, not giving a f*** where the cue ball ends up.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Stuart Bingham moves up to 2nd in the world rankings.

kLH7Wg2.jpg?1

Stuart Bingham made his crucible debut at the World Championship in 2000 where he beat the previous year champion & 7 times champion Stephen Hendry 10-7 before losing to Jimmy White in the next round 13-9.

Was chuffed for Bingham. Didn't see much of the tournament this year, but anyone who knocks out O'Sullivan and Trump gets my vote. Is he standing on Thursday, by any chance?...

Saw the afternoon session and most of the evening one yesterday - he was playing some cracking stuff. Hard earned and well deserved, as they say.