Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Not the main point, but I’m pretty sure that Hamas and ISIS fucking hate each other. Pretty certain that ISIS regard Hamas as apostates. 

I know that it’s said to try to justify killing Palestinian civilians, but still

One of the Israeli government propaganda ads that I'm being drowned in explicitly states "HAMAS IS ISIS", among other all-caps slogans in a very serious fontface set to "very big".

Incidentally, are Israel's propaganda department massive Gaspar Noe fans or something? Their promotional material is like sitting through the credits to Irreversible or Enter the Void, but sadly with no pounding techno.

On 18/10/2023 at 21:33, Thane of Cawdor said:

It can be quite complicated. I think that, sometimes, actual support for Zionism can be rooted in antisemitism. Do people remember Ken Livingstone arguing that Hitler was a Zionist? Similarly, Balfour was not motivated by love of the Jewish people.

Support for the dispossessed people of Palestine equates to neither anti-Zionism nor antisemitism. It is rooted in sympathy for a people whose needs and interests were not considered in Balfour's scheme, or at any time subsequently.

https://www.palestine-studies.org/en/node/232119

There is a very good , balanced programme on BBC I player about the origins of this conflict.

The plan of some Jews , plan D , to ethnically cleanse Palestine of Palestinians was mentioned.

David Ben Gurion was a liar.

You cannot be expelling Palestinians and at the same time telling them it is o.k. to stay

17 hours ago, BFTD said:

One of the Israeli government propaganda ads that I'm being drowned in explicitly states "HAMAS IS ISIS", among other all-caps slogans in a very serious fontface set to "very big".

Incidentally, are Israel's propaganda department massive Gaspar Noe fans or something? Their promotional material is like sitting through the credits to Irreversible or Enter the Void, but sadly with no pounding techno.

and in the past Golda Meir (?) , amongst others , was giving it " there are no such things as Palestinians "

15 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

If Hamas had just attacked the IDF on 7th October they would have just been following the usual example of the Irgun

If they'd just done that and taken a load of soldiers back to exchange for their own held by Israel, it would have been a far greater victory. 

I haven't followed any of this in the news because what's the point. All I've really seen is stuff posted in this thread. On the telly this morning there was footage of one of the Israeli guys giving a speech at the UN. "We are not dealing with human beings. We are dealing with monsters." What's the point indeed. The sooner I win the lottery and can go and live in seclusion at least 100 miles from anyone else the better.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67232925

Anwar El Ghazi sacked by Mainz for posting something pro-Palestine on Instagram. Germany doing completely normal things.

What did his initial statement say? It just says its been deleted.

His subsequent statement is perfectly reasonable.

The meaning of the word israeled -

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Israeled

Israeled

The act of taking something that is not yours and then kicking out the rightful owner

- Someone asked to share my table at a restaurant, and then asked me to leave the table because they had a meeting!
- looks like you just got israeled

by Freefelestin October 21, 2023

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67232925

Anwar El Ghazi sacked by Mainz for posting something pro-Palestine on Instagram. Germany doing completely normal things.

Said “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” which some construe to be anti-Semitic. The rationale is that you’re saying Israel shouldn’t exist which in turn means you want all the Jews there killed/expelled.

I personally think it’s a massive stretch to assume that is what is meant by that statement and is an utterly ridiculous thing to sack someone for, but the Germans tend to be (perhaps understandably) complete shitebags when it comes to anything to do with criticism of Israel.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

What did his initial statement say? It just says its been deleted.

His subsequent statement is perfectly reasonable.