Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

20 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There is a school of thought that Arafat's plan all along was to use Oslo to get back into Palestine and then launch the intifada. Think the problem ultimately was more that neither side's politicians were able to persuade the populations they represented to go along with the two-state plan Bill Clinton came up with and the Americans were not forceful enough on insisting that Israel had to get back to something very close to the 1948-1967 borders or lose future American financial and military backing.

Ararat was a fucking crook more interested in his (and his extended family's) wellbeing than Palestinians - Abbas just continued that. No surprise they voted for Hamas in 2006.

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Horrendous pictures from al Jazeera just now. 

Looks like Israel has bombed a hospital where people were taking refuge. 

And a school run by the UN, several dead children.

Not sure how long they can deny what they are doing.

They told Palestinians to leave and move south out of Gaza city........and are now bombing southern towns.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

And a school run by the UN, several dead children.

Not sure how long they can deny what they are doing.

They told Palestinians to leave and move south out of Gaza city........and are now bombing southern towns.

Easier to hit if they’re all bunched together, plus when they drop the big one the blast radius won’t reach Tel Aviv.

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Easier to hit if they’re all bunched together, plus when they drop the big one the blast radius won’t reach Tel Aviv.

Gaza isn't much bigger than Greater Glasgow, they don't need nukes to flatten Paisley. 

42 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Horrendous pictures from al Jazeera just now. 

Looks like Israel has bombed a hospital where people were taking refuge. 

Fucking mental. 

I thought Liz Truss when Foreign Sec wouldn't be beaten for stupidity when she told British Citizens to go to war for a foreign country. But the response to this war makes Truss seem sensible.

Guest DannyBlue
2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Indeed..

I mean, all her other nonsense aside, it's pretty hard for me to believe that they are only targeting Hamas targets. The intelligence system was overwhelmed by people on motorbikes and hand gliders, and suddenly being asked to believe that the exact same intelligence system has precise locations to target only Hamas targets is genuinely ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Gaza isn't much bigger than Greater Glasgow, they don't need nukes to flatten Paisley. 

To be clear, I was being facetious, possibly inappropriately and wasn’t offering a tactical analysis. 

I don’t condone the use of nuclear weapons in Gaza.

Paisley however….

6 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

I mean, all her other nonsense aside, it's pretty hard for me to believe that they are only targeting Hamas targets. The intelligence system was overwhelmed by people on motorbikes and hand gliders, and suddenly being asked to believe that the exact same intelligence system has precise locations to target only Hamas targets is genuinely ridiculous.

Yup, 6000 specifically Hamas targets hit last week they claim, more than America dropped in the worst year of the Afghanistan war, which would indicate supernatural intelligence given that they didn't realise Hamas drones were knocking out their cameras and com towers on the border until most of their military bases on the other side had been wiped out. 

4 minutes ago, S7C said:

500 dead in a single strike on a hospital. Very hard to argue this wasn’t deliberate.

At what point is a stop put to this? How long will the UK and US blindly back it?

If we had decent journalists in this country Sunak and Starmer would be getting asked that question until they gave unequivocal answers.

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Reports and video suggesting this was one of the Hamas rockets that misfired.

Meanwhile,

How convenient. 

IDF just throwing darts out and seeing if any stick on the board.  

19 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Reports and video suggesting this was one of the Hamas rockets that misfired.

Usually the Hamas rockets don't carry enough explosives to blow up a garden shed, so I'm doubtful.