Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

While I’m in no way justifying the tactics deployed by Hamas here (their targeting of civilian targets), Israel invites these events with the heavy handed military and police shooting events that happen every few days, the attacks on civilian infrastructure in the Occupied Territories, and their legal system’s unwillingness to give the Palestinians a fair shake while supporting confiscating their property.

The level of hatred and venom deployed by both sides makes it nearly inevitable the next use of a atomic/nuclear munition will be in this area in some manner. It’s a hell of a thing for Jimmy Carter to see on his way out.

Even with the advantage of surprise, I'm not sure I fancy going into battle on a motorised kite.

My conspiracy theory is, there was no failure by intelligence service. They let them do it so they can pulverise Hamas and anyone else who happens to get in the way. Not that they need an excuse usually.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Even with the advantage of surprise, I'm not sure I fancy going into battle on a motorised kite.

My conspiracy theory is, there was no failure by intelligence service. They let them do it so they can pulverise Hamas and anyone else who happens to get in the way. Not that they need an excuse usually.

Its a conspiracy theory but has just enough to make it belivable, hamas always feck it up for Palestine

The number of dead and hostages will continue to rise - current its estimated that 52 Israelis have been taken to Gaza as hostages. Reports are 100 killed in Israel with Palestinian officials saying 198 have been killed in the strikes carried out by the Israeli Air force since the attacks began. You have to assume these numbers are underestimates.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such savage violence in a conflict since the war on ISIS. There are videos of Hamas men shooting children in a bomb shelter dead, naked bodies of Israeli women dragged through the street. Even in the Israel-Palestine conflict it seems an escalation. When Russian troops massacred Ukrainians in Bucha or other towns they tried to hide it and denied it, Hamas are releasing videos of what they are doing, they are proud of this.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Its a conspiracy theory but has just enough to make it belivable, hamas always feck it up for Palestine

As I recall,  Hamas were originally democratically elected, as the majority of Palestinians viewed the then ruling PLA as corrupt,

and acting only for themselves.  Israel and the 'international community' denounced the election result, and refused to engage

with the democratic choice in any way.  As for the 'international community', I recall that around then their chosen Peace Envoy for the

Middle East was one Tony Blair.  The sickest of sick jokes in terms of any kind of even handed approach to peace making.

For me, Israel is a country that is rotting from within, due to its behaviour.

Edited by beefybake

21 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Rumours of Iranian Special Forces in country, Hezbollah opening a northern front and that some high profile/value IDF hostages have been taken.

There are conflicting reports that Hamas captured the head of the IDF Gaza division. The impact of these hostages could be to curtail Israel’s response. 

A unity government is being formed in Israel as a response to the attack. 

34 minutes ago, beefybake said:

As I recall,  Hamas were originally democratically elected, as the majority of Palestinians viewed the then ruling PLA as corrupt,

and acting only for themselves.  Israel and the 'international community' denounced the election result, and refused to engage

with the democratic choice in any way.  As for the 'international community', I recall that around then their chosen Peace Envoy for the

Middle East was one Tony Blair.  The sickest of sick jokes in terms of any kind of even handed approach to peace making.

For me, Israel is a country that is rotting from within, due to its behaviour.

No argument there but Hamas treat their own people like shite, women especially. Even if Palestine happened tomorrow, under Hamas women and anyone with different views LGBT for example wont be free. Thats on top of the fact that whenever a 2 state solution is closer than normal  either Hamas or right wing israelis feck it up. Palestinians deserve far better.