Quick Question Thread

Were the two challenges that led to Peter Crouch being sent-off last night REALLY that bad?

I can definitely see why the referee has sent him off, I just think some of the backlash and blame is a little harsh.

Pundits have been claiming that he was irresponsible and 'dropped his team in it', and I overheard someone on the train earlier describe the tackles as 'absolutely horrendous'.

The first one was worse than the second one, granted, but the second one he was going for the ball and wasn't THAT late.

Is that harsh, or is my 'liking of a tackle when playing football' clouding my judgement here?

They were just two run of the mill yellows. Poorly timed tackles but not horrendous.

Willie Lyle thinks they were never fouls in a million years though.

Edited by Fudge

Does anyone have a rough figure for how much it costs to sponsor Partick Thistle's home shirts for a season? Rough estimates are perfectly fine, and indeed a quote for any First Division side would be more than adequate.

Cheers.

For the season, no idea. Rumour has it that one of our directors is sponsoring our kits from next season after putting in £50k though.

What sort of punishment should one expect if one was to crash into a wall after traveling at double the speed limit? Also would filming this while taking over someone before the crash make one receive a worse punishment? Would one be expected to lose ones licence?

I've just watched an episode of The Simpsons which has a flashback of Homer doing gymnastics to music. I recognised said music and have established it was this:

My question: can anyone else remember this being the music that accompanied a computer game years ago? I'm convinced it was Tetris, but videos on Youtube with the Tetris music are different.

What sort of punishment should one expect if one was to crash into a wall after traveling at double the speed limit? Also would filming this while taking over someone before the crash make one receive a worse punishment? Would one be expected to lose ones licence?

Jail, I would hope.

Just make sure you give the Police the URL of your Youtube video please.

Edited by th1stleandr0se

Never been to an engagement party before, good mate of mine is having one.

I'm assuming it's the done thing to give a gift but what kind of shit are you expected to get and how much money are you expected to spend? Buying something for him would be no bother but I'm struggling to think of anything for 'the couple'.

I'm assuming it's the done thing to give a gift but what kind of shit are you expected to get and how much money are you expected to spend? Buying something for him would be no bother but I'm struggling to think of anything for 'the couple'.

*Assuming they have not been married before*, something on the lines of a "Wedding Present Lite".

Think of what you would buy/spend on the wedding present, then wind it in a bit.

P.S. * they may have a lot of stuff already.

Is there much, if anything, you can do to stop the colours in jeans running when washing them? I prefer to wear darker jeans and treated myself to an expensive pair at Christmas. However, the colours are running and they're near enough wrecked. I'm going to buy another pair of expensive jeans if I can be assured that the colours won't run as much or if something can be done to stop it.

Is there much, if anything, you can do to stop the colours in jeans running when washing them? I prefer to wear darker jeans and treated myself to an expensive pair at Christmas. However, the colours are running and they're near enough wrecked. I'm going to buy another pair of expensive jeans if I can be assured that the colours won't run as much or if something can be done to stop it.

Turn them inside out before putting them in the machine. It helps a little.

Turn the washing machine temperature down, wash inside out, don't tumble dry, iron inside out.

Cheers, I thought you might be the lad with the answer.

Basically, I'm running through a marketing plan for Whyte & Mackay, and just now I'm throwing money at Thistle, the Glasgow Warriors and I'm even considering renaming the North Stand at Firhill ;)

£250k should do it, don't you think!

Oh... ahem... er.... we also command about £3 million to have your company's logo grass-etched into our dirt-pitch :angel

Basically, I'm running through a marketing plan for Whyte & Mackay, and just now I'm throwing money at Thistle, the Glasgow Warriors and I'm even considering renaming the North Stand at Firhill ;)

You need to come up with a fancy advert that destroy the clever famous grouse one...

Tin opener?

Get them vouchers for a restaurant or something that they have to go out and use to treat themselves.

Otherwise you're assisting with phase one of the furnish a couples house for them plan.

Throw some at us, we have the Dalmore Distillery, which has the award winning "Worlds Best Single Malt", which is of course Whyte & Mackay owned. :rolleyes:

I've been to a few and never brought a gift to any of them, it's never even occurred to me. I thought you only brought gifts to weddings?

I've been to a few and never brought a gift to any of them, it's never even occurred to me. I thought you only brought gifts to weddings?

Yeah, I didn't think you needed to take a gift as well.

Who has an engagement party anyway? What an utter pointless night.