Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If rAngers are liquidated can someone nip in and buy the name Rangers from company house or probable derivatives? Purely cosmetic but it would be nice just to remove their name from what ever league they end up in, at least for a season or two :P

Good point. Should cut through some of the hysteria, really. Companies and individuals have technical disputes with the tax people all the time. Sometimes those companies or individuals end up with a tax bill. As far as I understand this particular matter, the club reached an agreement with the tax people. Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, if truth be told. Far from the actions of The Great Satan or whatever. Moreover, as I said, earlier, David Murray effectively gave Craig Whyte more than enough money to settle this bill. But Whyte didn't pay it over.

Run of the mill when the hmrc send round bailiffs to raid your offices and force you into administration... :lol::lol:

Run of the mill when the hmrc send round bailiffs to raid your offices and force you into administration... :lol::lol:

:rolleyes: I obviously wasn't talking about that part of the process. There was no need at all for that. As I mentioned, Whyte was effectively given more than enough money to pay that bill.

I enjoy bearwithme's reasoned and sensible posts. But some of the points he makes genuinly scare me. Most notably that before Whyte came in everything was more or less fine and under control.

I specifically remember that Lloyds were running the show (see Walter Smiths own mouth) and if it wasn't for a fortunate nearly goalless run to a european final the existing bank debt would have increased.

If my club was in that position, even without the BTC, I wouldn't be claiming that everything was "manageable". I would be holding my hands up and saying "we were humped.

The rot truly set in during the last big spending spree in 08ish but the club has been a financial basket case since Dick was spending £12 million on shite. Only a really blinkered individual would surely claim otherwise.

I enjoy bearwithme's reasoned and sensible posts. But some of the points he makes genuinly scare me. Most notably that before Whyte came in everything was more or less fine and under control.

I specifically remember that Lloyds were running the show (see Walter Smiths own mouth) and if it wasn't for a fortunate nearly goalless run to a european final the existing bank debt would have increased.

If my club was in that position, even without the BTC, I wouldn't be claiming that everything was "manageable". I would be holding my hands up and saying "we were humped.

The rot truly set in during the last big spending spree in 08ish but the club has been a financial basket case since Dick was spending £12 million on shite. Only a really blinkered individual would surely claim otherwise.

Yeah his bling loyalty to protecting his club is beyond embarrassing now,

1333869330[/url]' post='6120660']

:rolleyes: I obviously wasn't talking about that part of the process. There was no need at all for that. As I mentioned, Whyte was effectively given more than enough money to pay that bill.

You're doing your best, almost singlehandedly, to fight off the attacks. General Custer would've been proud of you.Trouble is, as noble as your attempts at defending the 'honour' of your club are, denial seems to be the only weapon in your arsenal and it's been firing blanks for pages now. I'm ashamed to say I've lived and breathed a similar scenario at my own club and, to be fair, the immediate implications of administration are difficult to grasp. The long term effects, however, are a real pisser and, while you might think all you have to do is come out of administration and everything will be alright, that's actually when the hard work really begins. I genuinely wouldn't wish this on any club as you really are on your own. Don't even assume the preferred bidders all have your Club's best interests at heart either, 'just because you are Rangers' - sharks are emotionless creatures and can smell blood from miles away.

Denial and abrasion are simply two side-effects of the process. We saw it with Dundee, although to their credit, their supporters are less thick than that of the average OF punter.

I fear this all may be too much for their tiny pea-brains which are already filled to capacity with bigotry and paranoia.

Denial and abrasion are simply two side-effects of the process. We saw it with Dundee, although to their credit, their supporters are less thick than that of the average OF punter.

I fear this all may be too much for their tiny pea-brains which are already filled to capacity with bigotry and paranoia.

The main problem for Rangers fans is that they have brainwashed themselves into believing that none of this is their fault,that they are victims and being picked on.