Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

35 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I don’t think it would be unreasonable for the Greens to think remaining in the EU is the most important thing right now.

When it comes to climate change, they would be most likely to see real change and reform come from Europe and they know that the inevitable Tory rule would 1) Try and prevent any real policy reforms that would damage the interests of their friends in high places and 2) Certainly would not find much in the way of funding to try to develop more climate friendly solutions to the issues that exist. 

It's hugely easier for the UK to elect a non Tory government than is to effect any change within the EU. There is no logic behind the argument that Brexit has to lead to Tory policies.

The EU signed a trade deal with Brazil this week to buy cheap beef despite the fascist President of Brazil pledging to destroy the Amazon rainforest to create new land for cattle. That is a disaster for climate change and should be another clear example of the nature of the EU but people will refuse to see it.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They'll walk away without a deal, then there will be an all out propaganda campaign by the British media to convince us foolish jocks that there has been some kind of deal..... and we'll believe it.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

They'll walk away without a deal, then there will be an all out propaganda campaign by the British media to convince us foolish jocks that there has been some kind of deal..... and we'll believe it.

This is my take on it aswell. There'll be a big propaganda push about how great Britain can be, and how we all need to stick together to make it work. We wont be allowed indyref2 then the Tories will go about dismantling the NHS and stripping away workers rights. 

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It will be up to the SNP to launch a counter propaganda campaign. 

Will Andy still be on our side after some of the shit that happened last time?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/23/andy-murray-scottish-independence-tweet-no-regrets

The Scots simply have to decide whether they support England or Scotland. Scottish Labour also need to have a long hard look at themselves. Do they really want to see Scotland governed by public schoolboy/Eton educated toffs?

Come on Scotland - Go for it - You know it makes sense! 

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

This is my take on it aswell. There'll be a big propaganda push about how great Britain can be, and how we all need to stick together to make it work. We wont be allowed indyref2 then the Tories will go about dismantling the NHS and stripping away workers rights

That was substantially achieved by Thatcher and Major.

Just as well Blair and Brown reversed* them.

*they didn't

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Serious question because I dont know the answer.

Bojo tells us we can have a referendum.... How do we proceed?

We'll have one. Then utterly shite the bed and "No" will win, presumably aided by some last minute Unionist Vow which will be ignored in future years. We will continue to be a region of largely servile, self-loathing wretches. We'll crash out of the EU resulting in economic disaster, and that fat c**t Davidson will blame the SNP, aided and abetted by that fucking doormat Willie Rennie and the hapless Dick Leonard. 

Basically little will change. 

We'll have one. Then utterly shite the bed and "No" will win, presumably aided by some last minute Unionist Vow which will be ignored in future years. We will continue to be a region of largely servile, self-loathing wretches. We'll crash out of the EU resulting in economic disaster, and that fat c**t Davidson will blame the SNP, aided and abetted by that fucking doormat Willie Rennie and the hapless Dick Leonard. 
Basically little will change. 
Whilst I understand what you are saying, that wasnt really what I was asking [emoji23]

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I understand what you are saying, that wasnt really what I was asking emoji23.png

I know. I have a hill hangover and fancied a rant 😂

I assume the SNP would need to draft a Bill re the timescale, proposed date, wording of the question etc and bring it before the Scottish Parliament. Thing is, would BoJo's granting of a Section 30 be depending on him agreeing to the question etc? 

I know. I have a hill hangover and fancied a rant [emoji23]
I assume the SNP would need to draft a Bill re the timescale, proposed date, wording of the question etc and bring it before the Scottish Parliament. Thing is, would BoJo's granting of a Section 30 be depending on him agreeing to the question etc? 
But lets assume we are sat here following his refusal. Whats next. Whats the mechanism(s) available for advancing the cause?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
I know. I have a hill hangover and fancied a rant emoji23.png

But lets assume we are sat here following his refusal. Whats next. Whats the mechanism(s) available for advancing the cause?

Did you mean "Can't" in your earlier post? I'm confused 😂

IF he refuses, then basically #scenes. I'd expect the SNP to draft the aforementioned bill, the Greens to hopefully support it in Holyrood and absolutely fucking massive tantrums from Lab/Lib/Tory. The referendum would still go ahead imo. However would we get a situation like Catalonia's where loads of No voters refused to recognise it's legitimacy? Or would we get the opposite where the No vote is so angry and energised they vote in massive numbers? Whatever the case, YES needs to be as disciplined as f**k, and prepared to fight seriously dirty. I suppose the next issue, even assuming we somehow win, is Johnson saying "So f**k, we don't recognise the result". I genuinely don't know how we get around that.

Did you mean "Can't" in your earlier post? I'm confused [emoji23]
IF he refuses, then basically #scenes. I'd expect the SNP to draft the aforementioned bill, the Greens to hopefully support it in Holyrood and absolutely fucking massive tantrums from Lab/Lib/Tory. The referendum would still go ahead imo. However would we get a situation like Catalonia's where loads of No voters refused to recognise it's legitimacy? Or would we get the opposite where the No vote is so angry and energised they vote in massive numbers? Whatever the case, YES needs to be as disciplined as f**k, and prepared to fight seriously dirty. I suppose the next issue, even assuming we somehow win, is Johnson saying "So f**k, we don't recognise the result". I genuinely don't know how we get around that.
Ahh f**k sake.... Yeah I meant tells us we cant have one [emoji23]