P&B Ranks: The Top 42 Video Games of All-Time

Miguel Sanchez

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I've been meaning to go back and finish Lost Odyssey for about 10 years. 

Persona 5 has a turn based battle system that's really good. 

I got Persona 5 actually, got it free when I got my PS5 but I've not had a go yet. I'm right back into mass effect at the moment and it takes me a really long time to get through games these days.

I liked Lost Odyssey. Gets a bit grindy and hard at the end, but I enjoyed it a lot. I assume it would count as weeb crap but it didn't annoy me as much as a lot of these games do.

15 minutes ago, GAD said:

I got Persona 5 actually, got it free when I got my PS5 but I've not had a go yet. I'm right back into mass effect at the moment and it takes me a really long time to get through games these days.

I liked Lost Odyssey. Gets a bit grindy and hard at the end, but I enjoyed it a lot. I assume it would count as weeb crap but it didn't annoy me as much as a lot of these games do.

I got the upgraded version, Persona 5 Royal, and it's one of my favourite games ever made. The quality of life improvements might make it worth buying on the cheap if you ever get the chance.

Yea, I thought the story was really good and the battle system was class once it clicked (I died about a hundred times to an early boss) but I just dropped it when I lost my save and never went back. A podcast I listen to infrequently are covering it next month so might be a good point to jump back in.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I got the upgraded version, Persona 5 Royal, and it's one of my favourite games ever made. The quality of life improvements might make it worth buying on the cheap if you ever get the chance.

Yea, I thought the story was really good and the battle system was class once it clicked (I died about a hundred times to an early boss) but I just dropped it when I lost my save and never went back. A podcast I listen to infrequently are covering it next month so might be a good point to jump back in.

What's the podcast mate, I would like to hear that. 

1 minute ago, GAD said:

What's the podcast mate, I would like to hear that. 

Abnormal Mapping. Worth a look through their back catalogue as they focus more on older games so a ton of varied stuff in there.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Abnormal Mapping. Worth a look through their back catalogue as they focus more on older games so a ton of varied stuff in there.

Older games sounds very much my bag. Cheers.

I don’t want to give away a spoiler for Baptiste who’s playing it atm but there’s a boss you fight en route to kicking Sin’s head in and the music is so class like daft JRPG rave music

I can’t even post it because it’s not on the soundtrack so all the vids are called “X boss fight music”

IN 9TH PLACE, WITH 30 POINTS FROM 6 VOTES

Fallout New Vegas.jpg

Game: Fallout: New Vegas
Platform: PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date: 19 October 2010
Gameplay:

Zero Punctuation review:

User comments: 

"Josh Sawyer deserves a statue for making a Fallout game as clever as the originals that is willing to take creative risks and builds a cohesive world that makes sense out of an engine that wasn't fit for purpose when Morrowind was made. Unreal stuff."

"if Fallout games were Jackson Family members, New Vegas would be Michael."

Spoiler

"if Fallout games were Jackson Family members, New Vegas would be Michael."

Not sure how to interpret that one.

This was game #10 on my list, I played them in the order 4-> 3 -> NV and it was by far the most enjoyable.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm not posting anything else until I see a meltdown from @Mr X.

He's keeping his powder dry for when the #1 doesn't star an androgynous wood elf.

22 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm not posting anything else until I see a meltdown from @Mr X.

Nah, I expected it to finish quite high given the weird obsession people on here seem to have with it.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

He's keeping his powder dry for when the #1 doesn't star an androgynous wood elf.

I have a feeling #1 might be the same as my #1 pick

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I have a feeling #1 might be the same as my #1 pick

You voted for Age of Barbarian too?

Didn't think it would make the top ten, but Miguel hasn't listed it yet, so here's hoping.

humph

IN 8TH PLACE WITH 30 POINTS FROM 4 VOTES

Vice-city-cover.jpg

Game: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Platform: PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC
Release date: 20 October 2002
Gameplay:

User comments: I feel a bit uneasy here, there isn't anything and I feel like there should be. Talk about the radio stations among yourselves.

Poll-maker backlog status: Yes, it's on there!

Deserves its place in the top ten. Not even a big fan of Eighties pop, but it's just stuffed full of epic set pieces and movie pastiches set to a stunning A-list soundtrack of top pop tunes, at a time when video games hadn't started doing that shit yet. To this day I can't see footage of Miami without thinking about this game. They should just have introduced Tommy Vercetti as a character in CSI: Miami.

Twenty years old next year. Wow.

Another one in my top 10 where it hasn't aged particularly well, especially graphically, but was so amazing at the time. The soundtrack is ageless though. 

In "f**k, I'm really old now" news I got my ps2 and this game the day I handed in my dissertation at uni, and then probably didn't leave the house much for the next 2 weeks. 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Great game. Lost hours on this one and just didn't have the same love for San Andreas. Has to be the best soundtrack of any video game ever.

San andreas felt too big for back then i think, i dunno, just didnt have the same feel as VC at times, the gang stuff was cool, but him stealing a fighter jet was just "naw" lol

San Andrea's >>>> Vice City. 

You guys do know you can access your favourite music without loading up a video game and getting on a vehicle to do so? 

Vice City was cool, remember shooting the moon?