The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2022

The world us a better place without the murderer of Angelika Kluk, Vicky Hamilton and Dinah McNicol. I'm not going to type or say his name as he doesn't deserve any recognition whatsoever. Hope he rots in hell as I collect the best points I've ever had in the dead pool.
Eta it turns out I don't have him but I stand by the rest of my post.

23 minutes ago, microdave said:

The world us a better place without the murderer of Angelika Kluk, Vicky Hamilton and Dinah McNicol. I'm not going to type or say his name as he doesn't deserve any recognition whatsoever. Hope he rots in hell as I collect the best points I've ever had in the dead pool.
Eta it turns out I don't have him but I stand by the rest of my post.

I am an atheist, but people like him make me hope there is a Hell. 

Week 41 update

Is five the most we've had in one weekend? I think so. Perhaps it's cheating though because up first is Rupiah Banda who died in March: Zambia declares mourning after the death of former president | The Independent

Zambia has declared seven days of national mourning following the death of the country's fourth president, Rupiah Banda, at the age of 85.

Banda, who was president from 2008 until 2011, died after a long battle with colon cancer, his son Andrew Banda has confirmed.

President Hakainde Hichilema declared the period of national mourning and said that Banda's state funeral will be held Thursday and he will be

There was more but then the log-in pop up appeared. He died at 85 so he's worth 40 Base Points with a Solo Shot for @Arabdownunder taking that to 90.

I should also add here for everyone, at the end of the year I check every pick to see if I've missed any deaths. If you have obscure ones like this it's very helpful if you keep track and post about them, but I will always make every effort to check every pick by the end of the year and make sure nothing's been missed.

=========

Up next this week was Sacheen Littlefeather: Sacheen Littlefeather, actor and activist who declined Marlon Brando’s Oscar, dies aged 75 | US news | The Guardian

Sacheen Littlefeather, the activist who declined Marlon Brando’s Oscar for The Godfather, has died aged 75, the Academy of Motion Pictures announced on Sunday.

Littlefeather had breast cancer.

The Academy announced her death in a tweet on Sunday night. The Hollywood Reporter cited a statement from her caretaker that said she died at noon on Sunday at her home in the northern California city of Novato, surrounded by her loved ones.

Brando won the best actor Oscar in 1973 for his role in the Godfather but did not attend the ceremony, protesting in support of Indigenous rights. Littlefeather appeared at the event on Brando’s behalf. She declined to accept the award and gave a short speech explaining the actor’s refusal was due, in part, to “the treatment of American Indians today by the film industry … and on television, in movie reruns.”

Littlefeather, then 26, was booed; she later alleged that actor John Wayne had to be held back by security guards backstage from assaulting her. Other individuals backstage reportedly made offensive gestures. She was blacklisted by Hollywood after the ceremony.

In August, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences issued a formal apology to Littlefeather over her treatment.

She died at 75 so she's worth 50 Base Points for @Arabdownunder and @Ned Nederlander, with a Deadly Duo bonus taking that to 75 points each.

=========

Up third this week is lawyer and thief Ian Hamilton: Lawyer who removed Stone of Destiny dies aged 97 - BBC News

The last surviving member of a group of Scottish nationalists who removed the Stone of Destiny from Westminster Abbey and returned it to Scotland has died.

Ian Hamilton KC was one of four students who broke into the Abbey on Christmas Day in 1950.

The stone had played a key role in the coronation of Scottish kings before being taken to London by King Edward I of England in 1296.

Mr Hamilton became a lawyer, and continued to campaign for independence.

He and a couple of mates stole a rock from a church. Simpler times. Hamilton died at 97 so he's worth 28 Base Points for @sophia and @tamthebam with a Deadly Duo bonus taking that to 53 points each.

=========

Up fourth this week is country singer Loretta Lynn: Loretta Lynn death: Country music icon dies aged 90 | The Independent

Loretta Lynn, the Kentucky coal miner’s daughter whose songs about life and love as a woman in Appalachia touched millions, has died aged 90.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Lynn’s family said she died on Tuesday (4 October) at her home in Hurricane Mills, Tennessee. Her cause of death has not been disclosed.

Lynn launched her career in the early Sixties, when she already had four children.

Her songs, which painted a portrait of the musician as a tough, defiant woman, were in stark contrast to the stereotypical image of most female country singers at the time. She wrote unapologetically about sex and love, cheating husbands, divorce and birth control.

Granny Sanchez is probably a fan. While I'm not a fan of the genre it's a bit sad when an original country star dies, because you reflect on what modern country music is and how inauthentic it is and wonder. Lynn died at 90 so she's worth 35 Base Points for @buddiepaul, @Curmudgeon, @paulathame and @The Hologram.

=========

Last - and least - this week is Peter Tobin: Serial killer Peter Tobin dies while serving life sentences in Edinburgh | Scotland | The Guardian

Serial killer Peter Tobin has died after becoming unwell while serving three life sentences.

He was taken from HMP Edinburgh to hospital, thought to be the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, on Wednesday and subsequently died, sources said.

He was serving a life sentence for raping and murdering Polish student Angelika Kluk, 23, and hiding her body under the floor of a Glasgow church in 2006.

The killer, who was in his mid-70s, was also serving life terms for the murders of 15-year-old schoolgirl Vicky Hamilton, of Redding, near Falkirk, in 1991, and 18-year-old Dinah McNicol the same year.

Their bodies were found 17 years later, buried in the garden of his former home in Margate, Kent.

What can I reasonably add about a rapist and murderer who led an awful life? Nothing, really. His Wikipedia article has a decent amount of detail about the murders he was convicted of, as well as several others he was linked to. He died at 76 so he's worth 49 Base Points for @Billy Jean King, @gingette, @Lofarl and @The_Craig. @Karpaty Lviv and @ThomCat get a Vice-Captain bonus taking them to 74 points, while @Sergeant Wilson gets a Captain bonus taking him to 98 points.

After all of these, the standings now look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 691
2. Indale Winton 635
3. Ned Nederlander 571
4. chompmyroot 551
5. Billy Jean King 460
6. JustOneCornetto 452
7. Arabdownunder, Arch Stanton, sparky88 445
10. Moomintroll 416
11. gkneil 382
12. weirdcal 372
13. psv_killie 353
14. Sweaty Morph 342
15. Savage Henry 338
16. mathematics, The DA 321
18. peasy23 318
19. The_Craig 315
20. pub car king 288
21. The Master 273
22. scottsdad 262
23. buddiepaul 261
24. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
25. lichtgilphead 237
26. microdave 228
27. thistledo 226
28. tamthebam 221
29. senorsoupe 219
30. Raidernation 218
31. Desp 217
32. pawpar 216
33. Melanius Mullarkey 207
34. Aim Here 205
35. Florentine_Pogen 202
36. gingette 199
37. Fuctifano, jimbaxters 196
39. blootoon87 180
40. Lofarl 176
41. thisal 160
42. cdhafc1874 159
43. Mark Connolly 153
44. ThomCat 143
45. ayrunitedfw 140
46. Karpaty Lviv 133

47. HI HAT 122
48. sleazy 121
49. willie adie 115
50. Scorge 114
51. nessies long lost ghost, The Naitch 113
53. Hamish's Passenger, speckled tangerine 112
55. Les Cabbage 111
56. The Hologram 108
57. Miguel Sanchez 105

58. Bully Wee Villa 104
59. paulathame, Sergeant Wilson 98
61. djchapsticks, Enigma 81
63. cambozpar 74
64. D.V.T., qos_75 59
66. Aladdin, BillyAnchor, doulikefish, ICTJohnboy, invergowrie arab, mizfit, Oystercatcher, smpar, Soapy FFC 58
75. sophia 53
76. Cardinal Richelieu, get_the_subbies_on, Lex, RossBFaeDundee 52
80. Ray Patterson 47
81. Amarillo Bairn 44
82. Bert Raccoon, statts1976uk 39
83. Curmudgeon 35
84. 10menwent2mow 34
85. Bold Rover, dagane, Duszek, Hedgecutter, HTG, LoonsYouthTeam 29

91. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Thank the Lord! I was really worried about getting grannied.

What, bored to death about the inadaquacies of Dundee United?

I'm quite high up the table by my standards and am getting a nosebleed...

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 41 update

Is five the most we've had in one weekend? I think so. Perhaps it's cheating though because up first is Rupiah Banda who died in March: Zambia declares mourning after the death of former president | The Independent

There was more but then the log-in pop up appeared. He died at 85 so he's worth 40 Base Points with a Solo Shot for @Arabdownunder taking that to 90.

I should also add here for everyone, at the end of the year I check every pick to see if I've missed any deaths. If you have obscure ones like this it's very helpful if you keep track and post about them, but I will always make every effort to check every pick by the end of the year and make sure nothing's been missed.

=========

Up next this week was Sacheen Littlefeather: Sacheen Littlefeather, actor and activist who declined Marlon Brando’s Oscar, dies aged 75 | US news | The Guardian

She died at 75 so she's worth 50 Base Points for @Arabdownunder and @Ned Nederlander, with a Deadly Duo bonus taking that to 75 points each.

=========

Up third this week is lawyer and thief Ian Hamilton: Lawyer who removed Stone of Destiny dies aged 97 - BBC News

He and a couple of mates stole a rock from a church. Simpler times. Hamilton died at 97 so he's worth 28 Base Points for @sophia and @tamthebam with a Deadly Duo bonus taking that to 53 points each.

=========

Up fourth this week is country singer Loretta Lynn: Loretta Lynn death: Country music icon dies aged 90 | The Independent

Granny Sanchez is probably a fan. While I'm not a fan of the genre it's a bit sad when an original country star dies, because you reflect on what modern country music is and how inauthentic it is and wonder. Lynn died at 90 so she's worth 35 Base Points for @buddiepaul, @Curmudgeon, @paulathame and @The Hologram.

=========

Last - and least - this week is Peter Tobin: Serial killer Peter Tobin dies while serving life sentences in Edinburgh | Scotland | The Guardian

What can I reasonably add about a rapist and murderer who led an awful life? Nothing, really. His Wikipedia article has a decent amount of detail about the murders he was convicted of, as well as several others he was linked to. He died at 76 so he's worth 49 Base Points for @Billy Jean King, @gingette, @Lofarl and @The_Craig. @Karpaty Lviv and @ThomCat get a Vice-Captain bonus taking them to 74 points, while @Sergeant Wilson gets a Captain bonus taking him to 98 points.

After all of these, the standings now look like this:

1. Bishop Briggs 691
2. Indale Winton 635
3. Ned Nederlander 571
4. chompmyroot 551
5. Billy Jean King 460
6. JustOneCornetto 452
7. Arabdownunder, Arch Stanton, sparky88 445
10. Moomintroll 416
11. gkneil 382
12. weirdcal 372
13. psv_killie 353
14. Sweaty Morph 342
15. Savage Henry 338
16. mathematics, The DA 321
18. peasy23 318
19. The_Craig 315
20. pub car king 288
21. The Master 273
22. scottsdad 262
23. buddiepaul 261
24. Arbroathlegend36-0 255
25. lichtgilphead 237
26. microdave 228
27. thistledo 226
28. tamthebam 221
29. senorsoupe 219
30. Raidernation 218
31. Desp 217
32. pawpar 216
33. Melanius Mullarkey 207
34. Aim Here 205
35. Florentine_Pogen 202
36. gingette 199
37. Fuctifano, jimbaxters 196
39. blootoon87 180
40. Lofarl 176
41. thisal 160
42. cdhafc1874 159
43. Mark Connolly 153
44. ThomCat 143
45. ayrunitedfw 140
46. Karpaty Lviv 133

47. HI HAT 122
48. sleazy 121
49. willie adie 115
50. Scorge 114
51. nessies long lost ghost, The Naitch 113
53. Hamish's Passenger, speckled tangerine 112
55. Les Cabbage 111
56. The Hologram 108
57. Miguel Sanchez 105

58. Bully Wee Villa 104
59. paulathame, Sergeant Wilson 98
61. djchapsticks, Enigma 81
63. cambozpar 74
64. D.V.T., qos_75 59
66. Aladdin, BillyAnchor, doulikefish, ICTJohnboy, invergowrie arab, mizfit, Oystercatcher, smpar, Soapy FFC 58
75. sophia 53
76. Cardinal Richelieu, get_the_subbies_on, Lex, RossBFaeDundee 52
80. Ray Patterson 47
81. Amarillo Bairn 44
82. Bert Raccoon, statts1976uk 39
83. Curmudgeon 35
84. 10menwent2mow 34
85. Bold Rover, dagane, Duszek, Hedgecutter, HTG, LoonsYouthTeam 29

91. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mup1IJllKHs0a47J8G6IXUkvShJrV28Iuc-Kkn7RKuo/edit?usp=sharing

Miguel, am I getting points for Peter Tobin?

19 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

=========

Alluded to here...