What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Ghost Shark. Ghost. Fucking. Shark. A movie about a shark that is a ghost.

Haven't actually watched it myself, but the kid's all over it like shite on...well, a film called Ghost Shark.

When you get round to Das Boot G-Man try and watch the full uncut version, it's a bit of a marathon but worth it imo. 3 Ghibli films in the top 100 too, lucky man.

That's advice that you can take for most movies that get butchered for cinema release. Not such a big problem recently, with a lot of biggies hovering round the three hour mark, but do the studios think these scenes are just filmed for fun?

Das Boot is an immense movie, btw - enjoy!

Another word of Das Boot-related warning: make sure you watch the subtitled version. My DVD automatically gives you the terrible dubbed soundtrack.

Same goes for the Emmanuelle films, BTW. Much better with the original dialogue track.

What? :huh:

You better hope he doesn't find out about Ghostquake! Ghostly earthquakes! Inexplicably, Danny Trejo of Con Air and Machete fame agreed to star in it!

Jesus, that trailer just gets worse as it goes on :shutup It's amazing what Danny Trejo shows up in; the man must work for food. Good for him - always respect an actor who likes to keep working, like Donald Pleasence.

The kid's more into sharks than ghosts, so any shark-related recommendations are much appreciated. Aside from the Jaws films, of course, I think his favourites are Sand Sharks and Jurassic Shark, which I think he's somehow still convinced is a sequel to Jurassic Park. Bless :P

Oh, despite loving Jaws 3 for some reason, even he knows Jaws: The Revenge was dreadful - watched it once, and never again.

And noticed without prompting that Michael Caine is bone dry when he shows up at the end :lol:

Thor 7/10. Generic superhero film. Was all right.

Birdman. 8/10. Edward Norton is the fucking boy. Until Keaton starts flying this was utterly superb, but that was the turning point for me and I really disliked the ending, but I guess they need to end it on a surreal/happyish note. Definitely want to watch this again and should be up for an Oscar for one of the cinematogrophy or the editing or something.

The Wolverine - 5/10

I'm usually a sucker for a superhero movie, but this one was pretty pish. Between the constant speaking to Jean Grey's ghost, a dull plot and some (even by Marvel movies standards) ridiculous action scenes, this one left me cold.

Got dragged to the cinema yesterday to see Annie. I'm sure most of you will know the plot - foster child meets rich potential mayor. He takes her in for publicitity but grows fond of her. They bond. They sing. They dance. They live in a penthouse suite with the latest technology.

3/10 - 2 for Jamie Foxx who made me laugh in most scenes he was in and another 1 for Mila Kunis making a cameo appearance in a fake movie premier.

Take away the music numbers and it wasn't actually too bad a film. Cameron Diaz suddenly bursting into song with Jamie Foxx actually made me burst out laughing it was so ridiculous.

If you have young children in the family then I bet they'd love it. Otherwise - don't take the girlfriend. Don't take yourself. Don't buy the DVD.

Next cinema trip should be to see Taken 3. Thank Christ a proper film.

Jesus, that trailer just gets worse as it goes on :shutup It's amazing what Danny Trejo shows up in; the man must work for food. Good for him - always respect an actor who likes to keep working, like Donald Pleasence.

The kid's more into sharks than ghosts, so any shark-related recommendations are much appreciated. Aside from the Jaws films, of course, I think his favourites are Sand Sharks and Jurassic Shark, which I think he's somehow still convinced is a sequel to Jurassic Park. Bless :P

Oh, despite loving Jaws 3 for some reason, even he knows Jaws: The Revenge was dreadful - watched it once, and never again.

And noticed without prompting that Michael Caine is bone dry when he shows up at the end :lol:

Sharknado > Jaws IMO.

Another word of Das Boot-related warning: make sure you watch the subtitled version. My DVD automatically gives you the terrible dubbed soundtrack.

Absolutely - goes for any foreign language films really. Hate dubs.