Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm pretty much bricking it to be honest, scared yet excited, trying to play it low key at the moment but deep down petrified of anything going wrong, gonna be a long morning at work.

is it appropriate to dance like my old fella at getting the thumbs up tomorrow?

That is pretty much a given Mr Pelt. smile.gif

I think the tears will show before the dance show though wink.gif

I was shitting myself before I went in - expecting them to tell me there was nothing there and was I stupid? :lol:

:lol: I did that with my first. I'd done the home test and went to my GP, but he didn't confirm it or anything, just told me from my dates how far along I was. That was it. I was expecting them to shout at me for wasting their time at the scan.

About time you informed this forum TM wink.gif. Great news, all the best to your family . thumbup2.gif

Edit for green dot. Not for you though, its for the missus for going that long over her due date

Edited by ffcsam

Zack Adam arrived yesterday at 23:16 after an 11 hour labour. It took so long because he a big boy, 9lbs 5oz.

Everyone was home by 2pm today and he's now in his room sleeping like the proverbial.

Happy days and well worth the wait.

Fantastic! Congratulations Thundermonkey :)

Zack Adam arrived yesterday at 23:16 after an 11 hour labour. It took so long because he a big boy, 9lbs 5oz.

Everyone was home by 2pm today and he's now in his room sleeping like the proverbial.

Good stuff!

What ?

Mrs WB was in for 3 days first time.

I have planned some time with the boy, when she is in hospital.

Can't be doing with this in and oot, the same day nonsense.

Congratulations. :D

We had a much longer labour than that for a 8lb 10 oz boy though.

What ?

Steven was born at 4:46pm. By 7:30pm (whilst mum was still not able to keep any food down) they asked if we wanted to go home that evening! :o

She didn't needless to say but he was out before lunch the following day. So much for getting some peace to have a few beers. At least when Thomas arrived on a Thursday she was in to Sunday.

Congratulations. :D

We had a much longer labour than that for a 8lb 10 oz boy though.

Steven was born at 4:46pm. By 7:30pm (whilst mum was still not able to keep any food down) they asked if we wanted to go home that evening! :o

She didn't needless to say but he was out before lunch the following day. So much for getting some peace to have a few beers. At least when Thomas arrived on a Thursday she was in to Sunday.

Exactly. I was home at 3am so managed one before crashing out. In my dream scenario I was free to spend 3 or 4 hours with Mrs and baby and be free to have a few beers by 9pm.

1st song on the radio when coming home - Girls and Boys by Blur :D

Congratulations!! 11 hours ain't too bad ;)

What ?

From what I gathered, they only keep you in a bit longer if it's your first. By the 2nd they assume you know what you are doing and if nobody is actually sick there is no reason to stay in!

laugh.gif I did that with my first. I'd done the home test and went to my GP, but he didn't confirm it or anything, just told me from my dates how far along I was. That was it. I was expecting them to shout at me for wasting their time at the scan.

I did about 4 tests at home and the GP did one too, but I didn't have any symptoms, so thought I was making it up!

My girlfriends feeling a bit like this at the moment. She's done the pregnancy tests, seen the GP & had first point of contact with the midwife but she says it still doesnt feel real yet. She likes going to bed early at nights so she can be one day closer to the first scan.

From what I gathered, they only keep you in a bit longer if it's your first. By the 2nd they assume you know what you are doing and if nobody is actually sick there is no reason to stay in!

Feck thats ruined my plans, however on the upside, no need for Mrs WB to get new jammies, and baffies if she's only in a few hours.

Feck thats ruined my plans, however on the upside, no need for Mrs WB to get new jammies, and baffies if she's only in a few hours.

Don't get too worried. Some women prefer to stay in. She might want the peace for a couple of days!

Charlie got over a cold last week. Two days at nursery and now he's got another one. :(