Pregnancy And Parenting

With regard to the bottles being made up in advance, I did it with my eldest two (we weren't told not to do it then) so I saw no harm in doing the same with Charlie, as it's a right pain in the arse having to make up a fresh one each time. Then I had a bright idea (well, read it somewhere actually): we made up 3 sterilised bottles of boiling water at a time and put them in the fridge. When it came to using them, we heated the water up either in the microwave or by standing them in boiling water and then added the milk. Piece of wee wee.

That's what we do.

Then I had a bright idea (well, read it somewhere actually): we made up 3 sterilised bottles of boiling water at a time and put them in the fridge. When it came to using them, we heated the water up either in the microwave or by standing them in boiling water and then added the milk. Piece of wee wee.

We do that sometimes, except we don't put the sterile boiling water in the fridge. What does that achieve, it's just water? :huh: Sometimes we just have the bottles of boiled water ready and put the milk in them at that point before heating. I wouldn't say we do it very often though. It's more usual just to make the milk up and put it in the fridge.

We do that sometimes, except we don't put the sterile boiling water in the fridge. What does that achieve, it's just water? :huh: Sometimes we just have the bottles of boiled water ready and put the milk in them at that point before heating. I wouldn't say we do it very often though. It's more usual just to make the milk up and put it in the fridge.

That's a good point, actually. I'd not thought of that. There must be a reason I put the water in the fridge although I don't know why. It was always used within a few hours so I'm not sure what chilling it achieved. :lol:

We stick them in the fridge because it gets a boiling hot bottle of water down to a drinkable temperature quicker than standing it on the worktop. It's far easier to bring a cold bottle up to temperature in the microwave than getting a scalding hot bottle of water right under the cold tap.

We stick them in the fridge because it gets a boiling hot bottle of water down to a drinkable temperature quicker than standing it on the worktop. It's far easier to bring a cold bottle up to temperature in the microwave than getting a scalding hot bottle of water right under the cold tap.

Well yes, but we're talking about multiple bottles of water boiled hours before it's going to be needed. On the first bottle then maybe, although for that we just made the milk up before we put it in the fridge. On the other bottles the temperature was never going to be an issue.

We'd make the bottles with boiling water and then fire them straight in the fridge. They'd be used on the same day too.

Our wee boy needed the Gaviscon satchets for a little while too due to colic. My wee lass was fine though, thankfully!

:blink: That's like putting hot food right from the oven into the fridge,it's madness.

:blink: That's like putting hot food right from the oven into the fridge,it's madness.

Stop being so melodramatic.

As I said, we did it for two kids and had no adverse effects whatsoever.

I've also put hot food straight from the oven in to the fridge and scranned it later and I'm still alive.

Now please excuse me whilst I run at full pelt around the house whilst holding scissors.

I've also put hot food straight from the oven in to the fridge and scranned it later and I'm still alive.

Now please excuse me whilst I run at full pelt around the house whilst holding scissors.

I don't think she was suggesting it was unsafe. She was suggesting it was pointless (Apologies if in fact she WAS suggesting it was unsafe, but that's not how I read it).

The girl I am seeing is 3 months pregnant, really like her so not letting it bother me. Despite everyones opinion on it. :)

If it works out I shall be on here in 6 months time no doubt! :rolleyes::ph34r:

All the best bud. Hope it works out for you.

Still waiting, and who said the 2nd baby always comes early ?

I now have to do loads of shitey jobs at work, that I thought I would miss due to parental leave.

:lol:

Yep, I had that too. Steven was actually 2 or 3 days late. I can't recall exactly now.

Wee menace rolled off the bed today when he was left alone whilst I was in the shower. None the worse for it I think though. You can't leave him for a second. He rolls over in an instant and then screams about it. On the positive side though he slept from 8pm to 7am last night which is a first by miles! More of the same tonight please.

I don't think she was suggesting it was unsafe. She was suggesting it was pointless (Apologies if in fact she WAS suggesting it was unsafe, but that's not how I read it).

That's what I meant. You could have just put the bottle into a bowl of ice and got it to the right temp,that is if they baby is due a feed. Well that's what I used to do.

Is it safe to warm the milk in a microwave? I never did it when I had my daughter as I had a bottle warmer thing.