Pregnancy And Parenting

I have no idea, haven't had time to look up on it yet. I assumed as she is American, it wouldn't be a problem.

There's no free health service in the US. You either have insurance or you get billed. Or if you can't pay you take your chances on the odd free clinic service.

I don't know how that relates to pregnancy (rather than illness or injury) but I'd presume it needs paying for in some way. If she has insurance won't be a problem. If she's been living and working here it might be.

In about five weeks my son will be ten years old.

All new and recent parents be sure to enjoy your kids as much as you can, because time just disappears.

Sage advice I guess.

Thomas is 19 months now and watching him at play tonight we were struck by how much he's grown up in the last few months. From being unable to crawl he's now a demon crawler and also storms up and down the corridor pushing his baby walker or shoving his toy cars. Starting to form words now too.

Steven is nearly sitting up and rolls around the living room to get to things he wants to reach. He's showing signs of wanting to crawl too.

Sage advice I guess.

Thomas is 19 months now and watching him at play tonight we were struck by how much he's grown up in the last few months. From being unable to crawl he's now a demon crawler and also storms up and down the corridor pushing his baby walker or shoving his toy cars. Starting to form words now too.

Steven is nearly sitting up and rolls around the living room to get to things he wants to reach. He's showing signs of wanting to crawl too.

It really is to be honest!

They talk back as soon as you look at them, so absolutely enjoy the fun times before that.

I know they're fabby cute when they're wee, but the fact is we always wish for them to dress themselves and talk and so on, when really we always long for the time when they didn't.

I'm broody but with no chance, sadly. That said, you get one you get more than lots of folk, so I'm genuinely grateful.

Beat him 2-1 at FIFA earlier. 8)

I was out at my bro's earlier for a drink with my daughter and Mum and Dad.

My daughter is now 8 and she is always telling me she aint a "baby" anymore

One hour later, she is sound asleep on my dads lap and I had to take her home

Treasure these moments folks. The innocence will soon end

It really is to be honest!

They talk back as soon as you look at them, so absolutely enjoy the fun times before that.

I know they're fabby cute when they're wee, but the fact is we always wish for them to dress themselves and talk and so on, when really we always long for the time when they didn't.

I'm broody but with no chance, sadly. That said, you get one you get more than lots of folk, so I'm genuinely grateful.

Beat him 2-1 at FIFA earlier. 8)

See, I dont really get that. My two are 3 and 5, so they have their own personalities and can hold a conversation and communicate pretty well (of course they can also answer back too!) and I have no desire at all for them to be "babies" again

Guest Kincardine

See, I dont really get that. My two are 3 and 5, so they have their own personalities and can hold a conversation and communicate pretty well (of course they can also answer back too!) and I have no desire at all for them to be "babies" again

I entirely agree with this. My three are 8, 9 (10 next Friday) and 11 and are brilliant company. They're at the stage of being quite independent but not having teenage attitude.

We also play lots of board games (eg draughts, chess, Monopoly) and card games (like cribbage, whist, rummy and switch)

You just can't do that with a toddler!

My three year old (who is 4 tomorrow) has decided that 4.30am is time to get up today. :angry:

If it becomes a regular thing, look at "day/night" clocks. We got our daughter one and it worked pretty well. Basically, its a night light but you set the time that the light switches off ie its now morning. Then tell them that they cant get up until the clock says its morning.