Pregnancy And Parenting

A wee quiz, my 4 yr old eilidh is a complete film fiend but won't accept any film's given title. With that in mind, here's a few of her retitles, your task, should you choose to accept it, is to give the proper title. Nothing too complicated:

Princess and the doggy.

Sophie and the giant. BFG

Ladders.

Froggy princess.

The great fox. Fantastic mr fox

Punzle. Tangled

Is the Froggy princess, simply The Princess and the Frog?

Callum *loves* Curious George, too. It's his favourite. I think it's even surpassed Buzz at the moment! :o

Tell you what I find a bit annoying. Curious George is an excellent programme, really quite educational in its own way. It's been around for decades and is now quite high profile on the Disney channel.

So why, oh why, oh why is it that there's almost no merchandise about to buy for it apart from the books and dvd's themselves. Particularly there's no t-shirts, no quilts, no pyjamas, nothing. A google search turns up suggestion of pj's in the USA but not only would postage be prohibitive but when you search the store in question through links from the Official Curious George website they actually don't sell them now anyway (out of date link).

Just about any other popular kids programme you care to name is marketed beyond belief. Bob The Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Timmy, Chugington, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You can get just about anything you could possibly ever want with all of that stuff on it. Curious George, nope. Nada. :(

The boys would love Curious George PJ's or t-shirts or even a quilt cover. You'd never get Steven out of bloody bed if he had a Curious George quilt! :lol:

Yeah, you're right. Although I'm quite glad in a way - we're overrun with Toy Story stuff thanks to his last obsession. We get screaming tantrums in shops when he sees something Buzz-like and I don't allow him to get it. :rolleyes: At least if he doesn't see any Curious George stuff, he doesn't want it!

Tell you what I find a bit annoying. Curious George is an excellent programme, really quite educational in its own way. It's been around for decades and is now quite high profile on the Disney channel.

So why, oh why, oh why is it that there's almost no merchandise about to buy for it apart from the books and dvd's themselves. Particularly there's no t-shirts, no quilts, no pyjamas, nothing. A google search turns up suggestion of pj's in the USA but not only would postage be prohibitive but when you search the store in question through links from the Official Curious George website they actually don't sell them now anyway (out of date link).

Just about any other popular kids programme you care to name is marketed beyond belief. Bob The Builder, Thomas the Tank Engine, Timmy, Chugington, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You can get just about anything you could possibly ever want with all of that stuff on it. Curious George, nope. Nada. :(

The boys would love Curious George PJ's or t-shirts or even a quilt cover. You'd never get Steven out of bloody bed if he had a Curious George quilt! :lol:

We've got my wee niece staying over tonight - she's 15 months and her mum had said to my missus "she'll sit quite happy watching anything on the telly, but she goes DAFT when Curious George is on - she shouts and shakes her head, so we turn it off". An hour after she's been dropped off, Curious George came on - and she sat utterly transfixed through the whole show, and when it finished she turned and looked at us as if to say "why has it finished? ":lol:

Regards merchandise SD - my wife had the same problem at Christmas, one of our other nieces is daft for Rihanna, and she couldn't find anything for her - she ended up using a tshirt printing website who basically take any image you like and print it on a tshirt - needless to say, this wee cheap white Tsirt that cost sweeties with a photo of Rihanna on it is the wee scones favourite item of clothing! Would genuinely wear it all day is she could.