Pregnancy And Parenting

• 2 weeks later...

With delight and a fair dose of terror I write my wife and I are expecting our first, due on July 18. Finally hit the 12 week mark today (it's felt like 12 years) after initially having our 12-week scan two weeks ago and finding out we were a fortnight behind. Woops.

Came as a bit of a shock to be honest. We only got married on August 2, so I managed to survive around 10 weeks before making an erse of it. She was also on the pill as well, go figure! :ph34r:

The reaction from friends and family has been fantastic. My mum doesn't keep well so told her while she was in hospital, although it was my dad and her dad that ended up in tears. Big jessies. Like others on here I've been left horrified at the price of prams etc, but I'm already getting itchy feet and desperate to clear out the spare room and start getting things ready.

Also still trying to convince her Alba is a good name for a girl, but she's no for having it :ass

Congrats well star. We had a second girl Ruby early in December. She's doing great and her big sister has been remarkably helpful and not put up nor down with the attention Ruby gets.

The birth was again scary with the wife rushed back into theatre again afterwards. Really hit home since just how serious it was. Think that will be the last for us!

Congrats well star. We had a second girl Ruby early in December. She's doing great and her big sister has been remarkably helpful and not put up nor down with the attention Ruby gets.

The birth was again scary with the wife rushed back into theatre again afterwards. Really hit home since just how serious it was. Think that will be the last for us!

Nels - all the best to you and your misses. Ruby is a great name.

Have to register my eldest for primary one on Monday. Time flies...

I have to enrol Ruairidh again. He'll be a month off being 6 when he starts! Best thing we ever did was defer him.

Guest The Phoenix
I have to enrol Ruairidh again. He'll be a month off being 6 when he starts! Best thing we ever did was defer him.

Gives him half a chance of being able to spell his name before going to secondary.

With delight and a fair dose of terror I write my wife and I are expecting our first, due on July 18. Finally hit the 12 week mark today (it's felt like 12 years) after initially having our 12-week scan two weeks ago and finding out we were a fortnight behind. Woops.

Came as a bit of a shock to be honest. We only got married on August 2, so I managed to survive around 10 weeks before making an erse of it. She was also on the pill as well, go figure! :ph34r:

The reaction from friends and family has been fantastic. My mum doesn't keep well so told her while she was in hospital, although it was my dad and her dad that ended up in tears. Big jessies. Like others on here I've been left horrified at the price of prams etc, but I'm already getting itchy feet and desperate to clear out the spare room and start getting things ready.

Also still trying to convince her Alba is a good name for a girl, but she's no for having it :ass

18th July - what a fine date :)

We're just under 3 weeks from due date, things going well at present and no issues.

One of our mates was due the day before us and had the baby 4 weeks, that made the wife fairly nervous :lol:

Have to register my eldest for primary one on Monday. Time flies...

Have to register Thomas tomorrow, and that's with him having been deferred a year. I could indeed register both of them to go at the same time but we're going to defer Steven also.

Anyway, that's not why I came on. Just watched the fairly harrowing Panorama documentary on parents who had babies removed for perceived child abuse which it would seem from investigation was actually rickets. It's truly frightening. Bad enough the children were removed in the first place though I understand why they need to take no risks in light of Baby P, Daniel Pelka, etc but I cannot comprehend how the authorities can then force adoption on such cases without parental permission. That is absolutely scandalous. I could cry for the parents involved very easily. What kind of state are we actually living in here?

Anyone else watch it?

My partner has her 20 week scan on Tuesday, fingers crossed everything goes to plan. The baby is kicking like mad although i haven't felt anything yet.

Apparently the trick is to use your cheek but i have a beard just now, so no luck yet. Determined to get booted though.

Oh you'll be booted soon enough!

Ours used to waken me up in the morning by booting me.

Still does in fact and she's now 3.

My 2 year old daughter is the same. Gives me a boot then says "Wha's in cherge?". I think she might have found my copy of The Tartan Special One.

• 2 weeks later...