Pregnancy And Parenting

My child is no longer 2/3s of the way here and is actually now 6 months old.

He's an absolute gentleman.

:lol:

Congrats. What did you call him?!

Seriously cannot find a boy's name we both like. The girl's name has been picked for years but just can't choose a boy's. "Choose" is probably a misleading word as that would suggest we have a list! We have zilch. The only name I really like is the name of my cousin's boy :( What's worse is that I find out the sex on May 11th as I'm hoping for a wee girl. The missus doesn't want to find out though so she needs to have a boy's name picked by then or she'll be able to tell by my lack of enthusiasm for picking a boy's name thereafter, that it's a girl :lol:

Seriously cannot find a boy's name we both like. The girl's name has been picked for years but just can't choose a boy's. "Choose" is probably a misleading word as that would suggest we have a list! We have zilch. The only name I really like is the name of my cousin's boy :( What's worse is that I find out the sex on May 11th as I'm hoping for a wee girl. The missus doesn't want to find out though so she needs to have a boy's name picked by then or she'll be able to tell by my lack of enthusiasm for picking a boy's name thereafter, that it's a girl :lol:

Pete's a nice name...

I was praying for a wee girl when we went to our scan and I was really sad when we found out we were having a boy.

We called him Thomas. I say we, but it was her choice. I get to pick the girls name.

Serious question, I'm really hoping for a wee girl and it's the reason I'm finding out before the birth so as to get used to the fact (if) it's a boy*. Were you glad you found out in advance or do you wish you had just waited and the joy of seeing your kid may have overtaken your want of it to be a girl? (If that comes close to making sense).

* That sounds awful, and as long as it's healthy is obviously my only real hope.

Edited by 19QOS19

We were the same, really struggled with boys names.

Surely, Stephen is top of your list ;)

I think the first thing you need to do is stop calling your child "it", they don't like it.

I'm glad we found out and I was over the fact I wanted a girl in about 12 seconds.

I'm afraid if I find out the sex and no one else is allowed to know then I will have to refer to it as "it" for 20 weeks :(

We were the same, really struggled with boys names.

Surely, Stephen is top of your list ;)

If I didn't know loads of them it would definitely be up there! I even considered Dobbie :lol: but this wee creep is all most folk would think of:-

post-12169-14610757613607_thumb.jpg

(Even though they are completely different pronunciations!!)

List updated

A couple more to chalk up on that list... Daughter born in January 2014, and baby number two due next month. Exciting times for sure and really looking forward to meeting him/her, although also quite hard to get my head around the fact that there'll be another baby here pretty much any day now (although our daughter arrived way way past her due date). Last time around we were so immersed in the pregnancy, the baby's development, planning for how it'll be when they arrive, etc. This time around our heads are so taken up with looking after baby #1 that it's hard to process things to close to the same level. And Christ knows when I'll sleep.

Still - it's all pretty much the best thing ever. Can't wait.

A couple more to chalk up on that list... Daughter born in January 2014, and baby number two due next month. Exciting times for sure and really looking forward to meeting him/her, although also quite hard to get my head around the fact that there'll be another baby here pretty much any day now (although our daughter arrived way way past her due date). Last time around we were so immersed in the pregnancy, the baby's development, planning for how it'll be when they arrive, etc. This time around our heads are so taken up with looking after baby #1 that it's hard to process things to close to the same level. And Christ knows when I'll sleep.

Still - it's all pretty much the best thing ever. Can't wait.

Never

If I didn't know loads of them it would definitely be up there! I even considered Dobbie :lol: but this wee creep is all most folk would think of:-

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1461075760.357159.jpg

(Even though they are completely different pronunciations!!)

Im sure you could find another Queens favourite to name him after? Unfortunately, my favourite player has the same name as me.

What about James? Or Gus?  :ph34r:

Im sure you could find another Queens favourite to name him after? Unfortunately, my favourite player has the same name as me.

What about James? Or Gus? :ph34r:

Hmm, Tommy doesn't sound too bad actually :o

I've got 3 boys - Keir, Caleb and Joshua and a daughter (2nd youngest) called Abigail.

I like Keirs name because his mother (my ex) was set on calling him Jayden which imo is a total makey upper (no offence to any Jayden's/fathers of Jayden's - just not my bag) and Keir was the only name I could get her to like - a day before his due date. Lucky escape imo.

Caleb is my favourite name because I picked it myself and my wife loved it immediately. Amazing the amount of c***s that can't pronounce it properly though.

Abigail had been picked for years and we let the boys choose her middle name, Emily was the choice. She goes by Abbie which I'm a bit disappointed about but she prefers it and I'm not enough of a w**k to correct her on her own name.

Joshua was a reserve name choice but I like it. I hold overwhelming bitterness towards my sister in law - she was pregnant at the same time as my wife but 6 months ahead. We were both having surprises so wanted the names on the table.

They wanted Pressley (Elvis fans) for a boy and Emily for a girl (you may note this was my daughters middle name - a clue as to their name stealing potential). We wanted Jacob and Amelia. Sorted.

Of course she had her wee boy and called him Jacob the thieving conniving bitch. Apparently he "just looked like a Jacob." Turns out he's a wee dick anyway so I've gone right off the name :lol: