Pregnancy And Parenting

f**k that shit; they're all different, with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Don't let anyone else make you feel bad about your kid's progress. Folk who use their kids to validate their own existence are worstcunts. Not saying your friends are doing that, but I get the impression that maybe somebody has, which would be no surprise.

Not at all and don't get me wrong she'll get there in her own time, she's way too determined not to. I in no way feel bad about her progress or feel disappointed however when I see a friend and their kid out for a walk or maybe running around a soft play area it can be hard, I'm only human after all.

She'll do as well or as badly as anyone else and if anyone calls her "an inspiration" I'm punching them in the bottom really hard.

My wee boy is nearly 10 months old. Not walking yet but is fast on the ground and starting to pull himself up on furniture etc. It's a real joy to see him progress and some smiles I get when I come home from a hard days work make it all worth it!

Not at all and don't get me wrong she'll get there in her own time, she's way too determined not to. I in no way feel bad about her progress or feel disappointed however when I see a friend and their kid out for a walk or maybe running around a soft play area it can be hard, I'm only human after all.

She'll do as well or as badly as anyone else and if anyone calls her "an inspiration" I'm punching them in the bottom really hard.

My youngest, completely physiologically and neurologically typical, didn't walk until he was 22 MONTHS old. Lazy wee sod.

You'll absolutely love it ya old curmudgeon!  Just leave nappy-changing to his maw and you'll have a blast.

Really looking forward to it,told the woman they can have a day to themselves getting pampered and basicly drunk whilst Ben and I will have a man's day.

Edited by keithgy

My youngest, completely physiologically and neurologically typical, didn't walk until he was 22 MONTHS old. Lazy wee sod.

My youngest was 20months

She's now developed a swagger and walks like a boss.

Then a week or two later you're constantly strapping them to things and lashing them to yourself when you go out, will you just stop for 5 bloody minutes!

Well that's what I remember when my boys were little but that was 16+ years ago.

Baby girl born this morning. My wife was in the hospital overnight anyway for high blood pressure when she texted at around 7 to ask if I could sack off work and come be with her. By the time I got in she had been moved to the delivery room and was starting to push. Baby born at 7:55.

Bit at a loss as to how it happened that quickly!

Pretty sure my baby shares her birthday with Aberdeen football club so pretty pleased all round.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear - 3

Rowan - 2

Reina - 2

Mrs M (Lm) - 1

Swarley - 2

Mozza - 1

Skyline Drifter - 2

die hard doonhamer - 2

scottsdad - 1

Bobby Skidmarks - 1

Weirdcal - 1

Mallo_Madrid -2

Shuggie - 3 (Shuggie_Murray7)

lightscamera - 2

nelsjfc - 2

G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone - 2

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1

pub car king - 2

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 1

Sparky88 - 1

8MileBU - 1

James Keatings, a.k.a.The Lochend Brazil - 1

Dee Dee - 2

Septentrional Wasp - 1

madwullie - 2

KiwiDB - 1

K.T. (Kid Twist) - 1

mattydfc - 2/3

The Woolshed - 1

Ally - 2 x 1/2

11thHour - 2

Le Tout P'ti Fc - 1

panddarilla - 2

WeAreElgin - 2

KnightswoodBear - 2

RoversMad - 1

DarkBlues62 - 1

endieinreekie - 1

killienick - 2

jmothecat - 1

banana - 2

carpetmonster - 1

Deefiant - 3

SlipperyP - 2

Ando - 3

Penny Lane - 1

Sweet Pete - 1

bambino7 -1 + 1/2

Anonymous Spider - 1

Glen Medeiros - 1

the snudge - 1

Bear in Sweden - 2

Scotty79 - 1

stimpy -1

Rugster - 2/3

Aberdeen Warrior - 2/3

LoonsYouthTeam - 2/3

19QOS19 - 1/3

BoobyMann - 2/3

Running total - 90 + 5 x 2/3 + 3 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Grandchildren:

JG - 5

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1

heedthebaa - 3

Raidernation - 1

supermik - 1

printer - 1

Eednud - 1

Archie - 1

scottsdad - 2/3

Grand total - 106 + 6 x 2/3 + 3 x 1/2 + 1 x 1/3

Took my wee one hillwalking (a miniature form, walking over a huge hill in the middle of town near my house) recently and he got on great guns. Had taken yesterday off work to get some stuff done and had the day at home, about 11am I asked him if he fancied going out for a walk to get some fresh air and he says "want to climb big mountain", so we put our wellies and raincoats on and climbed it again, then spent an hour walking all round finding muddy puddles to jump in. Was the best Wednesday I've had in a while.

Baby girl born this morning. My wife was in the hospital overnight anyway for high blood pressure when she texted at around 7 to ask if I could sack off work and come be with her. By the time I got in she had been moved to the delivery room and was starting to push. Baby born at 7:55.

Bit at a loss as to how it happened that quickly!

Pretty sure my baby shares her birthday with Aberdeen football club so pretty pleased all round.

congrats ðŸ‘

So far so good, feeding is the one stumbling block. She basically wants to feed constantly in the night, but falls asleep as soon as she attaches. I personally would prefer to bottle feed but my wife is determined to persevere with breast feeding though it's proving to be less than easy.

Edit: also she hates lullabies. Only song that calms her down is an old radio advert theme song for a window company that I found myself deliriously singing to her last night, but it really calms her down.

Edited by jmothecat

I breastfed my first exclusively for six hideous weeks, stupidly I thought it would be natural and easy!

Anyway try stripping her to vest/naked to keep her awake, tickle her toes (baby not wife or you may get kicked in face). Gently blow in face. Change nappy half way through.

Also the nct and breastfeeding network have helplines and their will probably be a local support group too.

I breastfed my first exclusively for six hideous weeks, stupidly I thought it would be natural and easy!

Anyway try stripping her to vest/naked to keep her awake, tickle her toes (baby not wife or you may get kicked in face). Gently blow in face. Change nappy half way through.

Also the nct and breastfeeding network have helplines and their will probably be a local support group too.

They make it sound a lot easier than it is. Weirdly she seems to feed fine during the day but really badly at night. Going to pass on your suggestions.

A couple of wet happiest is morning so a good sign she is getting fed.

Still getting lost looking at her. Can't believe this wee quine is mine.