Pregnancy And Parenting

How long are you Ireland for? Could you get a new cat ?

Moved permanently. Couldnt do that drive again with an animal in the car. Christ didnt even allow the wife in the car. She took wee man on the plane.

Wouldnt get another cat, the wife is allergic (was willing to take anti histamines) and she wasnt easy to get looked after when we needed to go away. No more pets till kid(s as that is something we might want again soon) are old enough to look after them

Who's all step parenting then?

My partner has a 7 year old girl who sees her dad every week (nice bloke btw) and when I moved in I wasn't sure how to proceed. My partner was a little defensive and the "so I'm not a good mum then?" was quick off the tongue for every little "you think she should have that sweet right before tea" from me.

We're a couple of years in now and all that is by the wayside and we're full on parenting together. It's strange having this person who is so integral in your life yet I've only known her for 3 years. There are no memories of a baby, learning to walk, first day at school it's just not there however she acts like I've always been here. Can't wait to see her grow into a young woman so I can judge the hell out of boyfriends and ask where she's been till this time.

I'm there as well. Got two step kids, 12 year old girl and 8 year old boy. Moved in just over 4 years ago now. Now what you mean with a lot of things you said. I was only 25 when I moved in, and it felt my whole life turned upside down. They go off and stay with their dad a couple of nights a week, and while I rarely speak to their dad, there's no ill feeling between us. He's said before how grateful he is for the stuff I do for them, which was nice for him to do.

It's great seeing them grow, especially the girl who's now at high school and becoming a young adult. Wee man loves his football, so it's nice to watch the games together during the week. I used to feel, strangely, a bit jealous when they went off with their dad but quickly realised that was daft. Tried being too nice and their pal, but now it's fully parent mode.

My partner and I had our own child last year, and she'll be 1 on Monday. I was unsure how it would all work out, but the two older kids have been absolutely brilliant with her. She took her first steps last week, and it took all my strength not to burst into tears. Was a very proud moment.

I'm glad I had the "step parent training" before my own came along. It's helped me no end. 5 years ago I was out on the piss every weekend with mates, and had next to no responsibilities. Now, I've got three kids in the houses and money that goes out faster than it comes in! Crazy how much life can change in a short space of time.

I'm there as well. Got two step kids, 12 year old girl and 8 year old boy. Moved in just over 4 years ago now. Now what you mean with a lot of things you said. I was only 25 when I moved in, and it felt my whole life turned upside down. They go off and stay with their dad a couple of nights a week, and while I rarely speak to their dad, there's no ill feeling between us. He's said before how grateful he is for the stuff I do for them, which was nice for him to do.

It's great seeing them grow, especially the girl who's now at high school and becoming a young adult. Wee man loves his football, so it's nice to watch the games together during the week. I used to feel, strangely, a bit jealous when they went off with their dad but quickly realised that was daft. Tried being too nice and their pal, but now it's fully parent mode.

My partner and I had our own child last year, and she'll be 1 on Monday. I was unsure how it would all work out, but the two older kids have been absolutely brilliant with her. She took her first steps last week, and it took all my strength not to burst into tears. Was a very proud moment.

I'm glad I had the "step parent training" before my own came along. It's helped me no end. 5 years ago I was out on the piss every weekend with mates, and had next to no responsibilities. Now, I've got three kids in the houses and money that goes out faster than it comes in! Crazy how much life can change in a short space of time.

Parenting at an Adult level, congratulations.

Was at first parenting classes today. Was unsure what it would be like or what value it would offer but I actually enjoyed it and thought it was very helpful. Initially I was going to go to this one and abandon the wife to do the rest but I'm going to them all now. Just under 5 weeks to official due date.

Snoring must be a side effect. Like sleeping next to a foghorn the last new weeks :lol:

Just good practice for sleepless nights...

How old is he now, Keith? We took the bairn away when she was 1 and 2 (both 4ish hr flights) and she was generally ok. Try to get some seats near old folk as they seem to be happy to take them for a bit whilst the drink trolley is in action.

He is 11 months now,his mum is coming as well so at least we can take turns (who am i kidding)

I suppose the best thing you can hope for to pass the time is for the wee one to sleep. That was the only thing that made our 8+ hour drive to Merseyside survivable. The wife and the 3 and 2 year olds conked out at about Gretna until Lancaster. Peace.

How old is he now, Keith? We took the bairn away when she was 1 and 2 (both 4ish hr flights) and she was generally ok. Try to get some seats near old folk as they seem to be happy to take them for a bit whilst the drink trolley is in action.

Ours found it hilarious to force me to drink as many (soft) drinks as possible on the plane, so the old folks may not be necessary if Keef plays his cards right.

We're taking our 2 and 6 year old girls away in October flying from Manchester. Sharing a room so plan will be to knacker them during the day.

Had the youngest in Spain at 3 and she was fine and the younger one came down to Blackpool with us last year and the 4 hour drive was fine. Think the thought of it is normally worse than the reality.

After a 6 am start to get through to Kilmarnock, I'm now (half fucking 4) almost halfway through my daughters dance competition.

For fucks sake.

Should have gone to Rugby Park...

Back at work now. Incredible how much I miss her when I'm at work. Managed to adjust fairly well though, baby has settled into a routine. Tends to cluster feed in the evening but sleeps a decent amount at night and in the morning/early afternoon so we are both getting a decent amount of sleep.

We've been racking our brains why the grandson Jack, who's 2 1/2 has suddenly wanted us to lie beside him on the floor till he falls asleep. A bairn who has always been as good as gold at bedtimes tae. Just happened over the last few weeks. Then the penny dropped as he was watching a wee shitebag called Bing on YouTube and his mum overheard the convo. He's been copying him 😂