Pregnancy And Parenting

Thank you all for your good wishes and congratulations. Hannah is understandably still in hospital with our wee girl considering the circumstances but getting better as time progresses.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Xxx

Great news. Congrats guys.

C sec aftermath isnt the best, your wife will be rather limited in movement for about 6 weeks.

Did you get to scrub up for it? I was in for my wife and helped keep her calm and kept me sane.

Glad all is well.

Great news. Congrats guys.

C sec aftermath isnt the best, your wife will be rather limited in movement for about 6 weeks.

Did you get to scrub up for it? I was in for my wife and helped keep her calm and kept me sane.

Glad all is well.

Thanks mate. Yes, I scrubbed up and apparently I suited the scrubs lol. Without a doubt being there for the section was the most traumatic thing of my life. I felt completely helpless and because of the anaesthetic she was shaking continually and I was in tears pretty much the whole time. Yes, I'm a wuss. I just wanted to help her but could do nothing but hold her hand and talk to her all the time. I was absolutely fucking petrified of something bad going wrong. Thank f**k it's all done and ok, and I will never forget the moment the surgeon held my daughter up and said congratulations. I will also never forget the next 30 minutes after that as I held my daughter whilst they tried to stem the bleeding and get my wife sorted. That felt like ten hours.

The fucking NHS. Anyone who criticises them can f**k right off.

Have you not picked a name yet?

^^^Mumsnet type post.

HSF is a chap?! :huh:

Oops, sorry! Her name is Catherine after my wee deid granny. Middle name Bessie after Hannah's wee deid great granny.

Thank you all for your good wishes and congratulations. Hannah is understandably still in hospital with our wee girl considering the circumstances but getting better as time progresses.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Xxx

She's a wee smasher.  Congratulations to you and very best wishes to HSF for a speedy recovery.

Thanks mate. Yes, I scrubbed up and apparently I suited the scrubs lol. Without a doubt being there for the section was the most traumatic thing of my life. I felt completely helpless and because of the anaesthetic she was shaking continually and I was in tears pretty much the whole time. Yes, I'm a wuss. I just wanted to help her but could do nothing but hold her hand and talk to her all the time. I was absolutely fucking petrified of something bad going wrong. Thank f**k it's all done and ok, and I will never forget the moment the surgeon held my daughter up and said congratulations. I will also never forget the next 30 minutes after that as I held my daughter whilst they tried to stem the bleeding and get my wife sorted. That felt like ten hours. The fucking NHS. Anyone who criticises them can f**k right off.

I had to don the scrubs and crocs too. You did all that's needed. You were there for your wife when she needed you most. It was probably the longest moment of your life yet also one of the quickest ( from op start to baby out in air).

Plus you get to steal the first cuddles. Thats a bonus for the stress you were under worrying about both.

Just dont let her go on about 'push presents' haha

If you don't get that feeling, you're probably way too overconfident about the whole thing!   :lol:

Sheer terror's OK; you just have to work at keeping yourself calm and take everything step by step. And don't feed the wean too much like I did. I figured he'd just stop when he'd had enough   :shutup

I did that with Jack (whenever we were babysitting), every time he opened his mouth I stuck a bottle in it. He was a wee fat fool, but now, 16 years later, he's as thin as a rake.

My wee girl was born this morning by emergency section. I will leave any more details than that for the good lady to tell you if she wants to but all is ok now and wee have a happy and healthy wee baby girl.

7lb 15 oz at 01:21 this morning

:) :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Good news and congratulations.

6 and a half weeks in. So far so good. Got a good routine going. Feeding is going well, she smiles ever time she farts, doesn't cry too much and sleeps enough that me and my wife can get enough rest to operate. There's still the occasional night where she will resolutely refuse to sleep, but for the most part it's going fairly well.

A lot of people talk about the first six weeks being hard but I'm more worried about when she's a bit older and can actually move and properly wreak havoc. Looking at Friends/family with toddlers, they seem more stressed than us with newborns.

I do that, and I'm a lot older than six and a half weeks...

Congratulations Ruggy and HSF.

We have a chicken pox outbreak in our house, Josh is covered in spots from head to toe and I suspect that Alice will soon be similar. Both are feeling unwell and just want their mummy, so I have been relegated to sleeping on the couch.

Priton for the itch. Aqueous calmene is better than cream. But I didn't use it.

I gave mine broufen too.

My youngest had awful dose that ended up infected so she had anti botics.

Middle one spots came out about two hrs after checked into centre parcs. So we spent week in the lodge 😵

Benjamin is the grand old age of one tomorrow,it has been a very quick year and I love being a grandpa.Took the wee man to the park on Sunday and his mum phoned me asking when I was bringing him home so I just said tomorrow.

She seemed quite happy at that lol

You can take mine as well

My wee girl was born this morning by emergency section. I will leave any more details than that for the good lady to tell you if she wants to but all is ok now and wee have a happy and healthy wee baby girl.

7lb 15 oz at 01:21 this morning

:) :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Congrats :)

What a fantastic day to have for a birthday ;) 

Benjamin is the grand old age of one tomorrow,it has been a very quick year and I love being a grandpa.Took the wee man to the park on Sunday and his mum phoned me asking when I was bringing him home so I just said tomorrow.

She seemed quite happy at that lol

Its never a year?  :o