Pregnancy And Parenting

We have a 2 week old that can eat for Scotland. The farts she produces too are quite something.

How are you coping? My 3 week old daughter is the same from breast and bottle, which whilst I do the bottle feeding, leaves my gf exhausted. 

Aye we are doing really well. It's hard work but definitely worth it. Amazing the change in even 2 weeks, she is so alert now and taking everything in.

Yeh it is amazing the change even after such a short space of time. 

The wee one fell in the living room and lay there giving me the "I've fallen and I'm not sure if I should cry" look so I pointed at her and chanted "she fell over" a few times. Got a big smile, rolled onto her front and came barreling across the floor towards me laughing all the way.

This parenting lark is easy.

Wee chunk will be 3 weeks old on Sunday and she's feeding and farting for Scotland. She was back to her birth weight within a couple of days and has since put a pound on over that birth weight.

Her farts are fucking brilliant. I was in the kitchen the other night sterilising and heard this racket and I genuinely thought she had either wretched up or the moses basket had collapsed. I ran into the living room and say her with her cheeks puffed up and she let another one rip, which not only relaxed me but made me swell with pride. I only wish I could fart as loud and as long as her. She obviously takes after her mother.

She's an absolute stunner. So proud.

We weren't fussed either way, always had a feeling it was gonna be a boy, it's pretty much all boys in my family.

I was in the same boat with my last one, all boys and naturally expected another one. When the midwife at the scan said it was a girl I asked her to check again and got a second opinion from the student.

I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear.

That's the terrible twos really kicked in. He'll be three in five months, but the tantrums have only started in earnest recently. Tears and snotters everywhere at bedtime last night. The joys. He's as good natured as they come most of the time, but when he doesn't fancy listening to you he becomes totally single minded and then kicks off if you insist he does what he's told. On the bright side, we took his dummies off him recently and he hasn't looked back since, no hassle at all. Potty training on-going, showing some progress. Just need to get him off the bottles of milk now, getting him to switch to a cup for his milk has been a fight, though he's happy with juice from a cup. He only gets a bottle of milk at bedtime, but his bedtime bottle is precious to him, so think we'll just need to do what we did with the dummies and insist they're gone and just ride through it as I know he'll not be chuffed at losing his pre-sleep bottle, even though he gave up the dummies without so much as a whimper.